News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Mechanized 1500PT Tau List  (Read 436 times)

Offline hey_yu

Mechanized 1500PT Tau List
« on: April 9, 2006, 11:38:12 PM »
Well, this is my first Tau List. Tried creating a balanced mechanized Tau 1500PT army. Also, I went for the XV-25 with Fusion blaster to help take out the opposing forces mechanized transportation to slow them down. Otherwise can use them for hit and run. Choose smaller squad sizes for the suits for better targeting capabilities without the extra cost.

Constructive critism would be appreciated on things to improve, etc.

Thanks

Updated List:

HQ – 193PT (13%)
Shas’El [102PT] – Airbursting Fragmentation Projector, Cyclic Ion Blaster, Missile Pod, Hardwire Multi-tracker.

Shas’El [91PT] – Fusion Blaster, Fusion Blaster, Missile Pod, Hardwire Multi-tracker.

ELITES – 351PT (23%)
3 XV-25 Stealth Suits [117PT] – One fusion blaster with Target Lock.  2 Drone Controller with one gun drone each (2 Gun Drones Total).

3 XV-25 Stealth Suits [117PT] – One fusion blaster with Target Lock.  2 Drone Controller with one gun drone each (2 Gun Drones Total).

TROOPS – 510PT (34%)
12 Firewarriors [220PT] - Shas’ui with Bonding Knife and mounted in Devilfish with Decoy Launchers.

12 Firewarriors [220PT] - Shas’ui with Bonding Knife and mounted in Devilfish with Decoy Launchers.

10 Kroot [70PT]

HEAVY – 445PT (30%)
Hammerhead [135PT] – Ion Cannon, Burst Cannon, Target Lock, Multi-Tracker, Targeting Array, Decoy Launchers.

Hammerhead [135PT] – Ion Cannon, Burst Cannon, Target Lock, Multi-Tracker, Targeting Array, Decoy Launchers.

Hammerhead [175PT] – Railgun, Burst Cannon, Target Lock, Multi-Tracker, Targeting Array, Decoy Launchers, Disruption Pod.

Total 1499PT – 56 Models
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 12:17:05 AM by hey_yu »
James 1:17
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

Offline Goyder

• Workshy Lord Moddissar General, The King of Tanks
  • Ancient
  • Australian
Re: Mechanized 1500PT Tau List
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 12:26:03 AM »
A good start I think!

HQ  118PT (8%)
Shas'El [118PT]  Airbursting Fragmentation Projector, Cyclic Ion Blaster, Missile Pod, Hardwire Multi-tracker, Hardwire Target Lock, Stimulant Injector.

Nice and reasonably cheap. This is good. I would maybe remove the Stimulant Injector, but thats just personal preferance. I like the fact he's tooled up with all the shiny new weapons  ;). They will be nasty indeed.

ELITES 276PT (18%)
3 XV-25 Stealth Suits [92PT]  One fusion blaster.

I'm not a fan of Small stealth squads, I like taking 6 of the guys in one big squad, although the smaller squads can do a lot of damage around the board. Just be carefull though, they only need to lose one trooper to fall back in a panick. Also, it doesnt take that much firepower for oponent to be able to choice which model has to die. I'm betting he'll pick on the Fusion Blaster  ;). Go one big squad of Stealths with 2 FB, then one smaller squad. If you remove the Pirahna (becuase one isnt that usefull), you could fit more stealth suits in!

TROOPS 600PT (40%)
10 Firewarriors [200PT] - Shas'ui with Bonding Knife and mounted in Devilfish with Decoy Launchers.

10 Firewarriors [200PT] - Shas'ui with Bonding Knife and mounted in Devilfish with Decoy Launchers.

No faults here. Almost exactly the same way I run it, and it works fine for me.

FAST 65PT (4%)
Piranha Light Skimmer [65PT] Targeting Array.

Remove it. This just feels like you've thrown it in there " 'cause its cool". Which, is good and everything, it just wont be very effective. You need big squads of Piranha's to get anywhere. Drop it, and get more stealths.

HEAVY  440PT (29%)
Hammerhead [135PT]  Ion Cannon, Burst Cannon, Target Lock, Multi-Tracker, Targeting Array, Decoy Launchers.

Hammerhead [135PT]  Ion Cannon, Burst Cannon, Target Lock, Multi-Tracker, Targeting Array, Decoy Launchers.

Hammerhead [170PT]  Railgun, Burst Cannon, Target Lock, Multi-Tracker, Targeting Array, Decoy Launchers.

Only one Railgun! OMG! U WILL LKE LOSE MAN! U NED 3 RAILGNS!

;)

Awesome, Ion Cannons are fantastic; especially with Burst cannons. The ammount of shots you can let lose will just decimate everything. However, you have the same problem I do. We lack the anti-tank my friend. Instead of getting more stealths (of you drop the Piranha), maybe you should drop an Ion Head and get yourself another Rail Head. 2 Rail Heads, coupled with your stealth teams should be enough to tackle anything in 1500pts games.

I think this is a pretty fine effort for a first list. Being at work, I dont have my codex with me at the moment, but I'm sure someone will else will reply soon in case you've made any errors that I didnt pick up (Which is highly likely!)
Real men fight in Tanks!

Offline W. Gregory Klett

• The Dead don't walk with no kneecaps!
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 12:33:54 AM »
Nice, not a model left on your half the table after turn 1.  :D

I don't like the single Piranha, either a big unit or none of these I would think. For the cost of 1 you can field another couple Stealthers, fill your FW's to 12 each, or buy a Gun Drone unit, all better options I would think.

Offline hey_yu

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 12:04:22 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions.  Updated the list to help address some ideas.  Added gun drones to the Stealth squads to help bolster the squad sizes for a lower cost.  Also, added another tank-hunter with a XV-8 Crisis Suit.  Still would like to keep the Ion Heads on the Hammerhead for greater versatility to help deal with heavy infantry, armored vechicles (can flank on sides for better penetration), etc. 

Only regret is removing one slot of mobile firewarriors.  Have to squek the points out somewhere. 

Constructive suggestions still appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 12:20:26 AM by hey_yu »
James 1:17
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.