News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + World Eaters  (Read 330634 times)

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + World Eaters
« Reply #1660 on: January 18, 2018, 10:51:36 AM »
Good to be back Cav :)

Hell yeah! The added touches to your Prince and Seer really take them to the next level, and your painstaking reposing of your Berserkers has really paid off :)

Just caught up on your campaign too and it sounds fantastic! Caannot wait to see some games start rolling on :)
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #1661 on: January 19, 2018, 01:47:31 PM »
@Dog of War- Thanks bud! Glad you dig the sword. I think it adds a lot too. Seriously thanks on the Berserkers too... it was an absolute bear sort of sprucing them up so I'm glad they look good. Also in regards to Kharn... ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! Thanks bud!

@Saim-Dann- Thanks brother. Glad you like those blades they were tough to execute. Also yeah I was also super impressed by the performance of James' predators in those bat-reps. That guy is on an absolute roll! I think he's beaten Scorp in all but 3 games. Oh what a difference an edition makes. I'm actually only going with 2 Predators for my list...I've got some great AT via my Terminators with combi-meltas and chainfists and in Power Level games I can put multi-meltas+lascannons on the Storm Eagle to really buff it up. Also got a chainfist on my Exalted Champion which should help. Anyway thanks bud!

@Ynneadwraith- No problem man. Really glad you like the Prince and Seer upgrades, thanks on the Berserkers too. Yeah I'm hoping the campaign is fun as well... should be some good strong competition. Thanks!

@Everybody- Well guys I've been teasing him for quite awhile... but here is, the Warlord. KHARN THE BETRAYER! Seeing this guy rock up with 18 Berserkers, plus an Exalted Champion in his own Storm Eagle is gonna be glorious. I cant wait to see the look on my regular opponents faces when I show to a game and they are expecting my Eldar and see this unholy nightmare. Anyway guys... hope you like him.... got a big commission in so I'm only gonna have bits and pieces of time to spend on my own guys, but I'm gonna buckle down and get it done. Anyway stay tuned!

Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #1662 on: January 19, 2018, 03:11:42 PM »
Very impressive, Cavalier!
Really like the charging pose on this guy. Much more dramatic than the old model. Am also looking forward to your first batrep with this lot.

Keen to see what damage the Storm Eagle can dish out and how it handles the battering it's bound to attract. Once Kharn has deployed, between him and the Storm Eagle, your opponent will have a headache as to which is the bigger threat... Be well! 

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #1663 on: January 20, 2018, 06:43:17 AM »
Awesome work on Kharn :) absolutely adore the darkened red and bronzes on his armour :)
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #1664 on: January 20, 2018, 06:32:12 PM »
Oh my! The brass and red look so good. Better quality then most GW, you should be teaching them. That one tuft of grass really sets of the model. The soot on the end of the gun gives it a real battle feel. One of your best I believe.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
« Reply #1665 on: January 21, 2018, 12:06:50 PM »
I said it elsewhere but Cav that model looks amazing! You've done such a great job on the colour balance and it does really pop!
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1666 on: January 22, 2018, 07:05:56 AM »
@Saim-Dann- Thanks as always brother. Yeah I'm keen to see how the Storm Eagle gets on too. Its gonna be a big whopping target, but its got a ton of wounds, its tough as nails and its -1 to hit so it should do fairly well. Even if its knocked down to a single move it can still move to 40" when advancing. Plus with the Chainfist/Combi-Melta Terminators, Warp Talons and 2x Predators and even the Bloodletters it's not the only threat on the board. It will certainly be interesting though... can't wait to give it a go. Anyway thanks Dann!

@Ynneadwraith- Thanks so much Ynnead. Real happy with how that came out too. Love trying out Runelord Brass.... awesome highlight on the Balthasar gold. Thanks!

@Dread- Wow thanks bud. Really means a lot. I really wanted to give this guy a Forgeworld 30k vibe as opposed to 'Eavy Metal 40k, so thanks man its really appreciated. I can't wait to get this butcher on the battlefield.

@Auric's Pride- Thanks as always AP. I made some pretty significant departures from the GW scheme to keep it more in line with how I painted my Berserkers but I wasnt sure if it'did, so I'm real glad you like it. Thanks as always my man.

@Everybody- Well guys I'm grinding it out on my next project but some of these models are amazing! Stay tuned for that... and I'll have another World Eaters update soon to. And I'll get back to you on my latest bat-rep soon as well. Stay tuned!

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #1667 on: January 28, 2018, 07:03:34 AM »
Sorry I haven't posted in a while Cav. It's not that I haven't been looking, I have. It's not that I haven't been impressed; I've been blown away. I've just been hyper-busy or sick and therefore not up to expressing what I feel about your work.

Everything is so impressive, but I'll cut to the most recent stuff; the Kharn model.

Out-effing-standing. Just a wonderful centrepiece to your Berserker army.The army is wonderfully rich, the metals are wonderfully shaded. The base is tremendous. Just superb work all around.

What really seals it for me, though, are the little details - the spot effects. I love the colouring of the plasma. The fact that it is finished so well is just a cherry on what is an already impressive cake. I love that the plasma matches the eyes. It really brings out the feeling of burning hatred in the model.

I love that the hair and veins are a cold counterpoint. This model would be far too warm without those little touches and the fact that they are very cold (God bless Celestra Grey) really balances the model for me.

If I were doing the model Would have probably lightened the skulls hanging on the chains. If there is any character in the game (other than a lictor) that might sit in a tree and polish a skull a la Predator, it would be Kharn. It's not a criticism, it's just a slightly different approach.

Overall, I love it. He'll look fantastic on the table top and the paint work is really fitting for what should turn out to be a Bowling Ball of Butcher Knives in game.

Great work Cav, keep grinding!
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1668 on: January 29, 2018, 07:30:12 AM »
@Looshkin- Oh wow, thanks so much Loosh. Really made my day. So glad you like him man... I really had to work at doing something unique on him, because he's a pretty simple model so I'm really glad you like him so much. So glad you like the hair and veins... I knew I wanted to do that going into it... and I was thrilled with the results. For some reason it gave the model a 30k vibe to me which is what I wanted... so super glad you like it! Anyway thanks a million my friend. Your feedback always means a lot... I've got some fun stuff ready to unveil soon so I'll be looking forward to your thoughts on that. Thanks again bud

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1669 on: January 30, 2018, 02:23:25 PM »
Hey guys so I've got a bat-rep coming soon, its just I've been so maxed for time I haven't been able to type it up. Really been considering just posting photos and saying how the game went and sort of analyze the results rather than break it down turn by turn, which I'm having less and less time to do. Let me know what you guys think... or maybe I'll just post it like I just described and get your reaction if you guys dont see this little PSA.

Anyways! So I just wanted to share a secret project I've been working on (secret from my brother that is lol!) So I'm working on a pair of Crimson Hunter Exarchs (or more specifically Nightshade Interceptor Aces) for my Alaitoc force. I've been seeing more and more need for Anti-Tank and I thought these Crimson Hunters would be a PERFECT for the job. I'll explore why, in my bat-rep breakdown but anyway here is a SUPER early WIP.

Anyways hope you guys like it. Stay tuned and talk soon!

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #1670 on: January 30, 2018, 02:45:55 PM »
looking good so far Cav. So digging the red cockpits.

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #1671 on: January 30, 2018, 05:43:21 PM »
Niiiiice!
They look so sleek in black, don't they? Lookin a little Saim-Hann with the red canopy there, mate. Haven't converted you have I? Know you'll do a magic job on them, Cavalier. Can't wait to see them side by side in action... Pointy ears forever!!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #1672 on: January 31, 2018, 01:03:31 AM »
I know he'll be surprised for sure. You know I love your paint work but I have to ask, are you done with it? Or are you gonna add some graphics or flames or stripes? It's okay if not, I was just wondering. As it is, it's clean and in real life definitely makes sense. I mean by that, we don'T highlight and use washes on our real vehicles.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1673 on: January 31, 2018, 07:23:56 AM »
@Magenb- Thanks bud. Yeah I know I'm in love with the red cockpit too. Its does so much for overall look. Thanks!

@Saim-Dann- Yeah they sure do look sleek in black. Yeah the red canopy does give a little Saim-Hann to it. Actually I'm gonna be running a Saim-Hann detachment of Jetbikes in my next list. Thanks bud!

@Dread- Lol... Hey bud, yeah no way is this even remotely near done! All I've done is paint and wash the weapons, painted the "tail feathers" and borrowed a cockpit from a Hornet so there is a real long way to go. But it should be a fun project to work on. So gems, highlights and more white "feathers" on the little wings and whatnot and also good amount of transfers. I know I usually post finished projects but figured I'd throw a WIP just to show what I'm working on. Anyway thanks bud and stay tuned for the finished product!

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #1674 on: January 31, 2018, 07:33:30 AM »
Oh, nice one with the wind rider detachment, Cavalier. Am guessing scatter lasers so as to take advantage of the Saim-Hann attributes? Am also sure you remember vypers are bikes as well... Brightlances!!!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1675 on: February 1, 2018, 02:14:10 PM »
@Saim-Dann- Yep you got it bud. I really need that 36" range... especially facing Guard where all there guns are sooooo deadly at 24". Facing Guard all the time is really a big difference from all the Space Marine armies I faced last edition. But more on that below! Thanks bud!

@Everybody- Well guys here's my first new style "bat-rep". More like post game analysis... but anyway here it is! I'm not able to particpate in the campaign my friend Mike was running... but that hasn't stopped me! Since I wrote the narrative I decided to just run the campaign myself between me and my brother!

So the Imperial Guard are hunting for an Eldar relic they believe to be somewhere in the vicinity and the Eldar Corsairs sent a scouting for to try and intercept them and stymie their attempts to find the relic. The results were not good for the Eldar!

IMG_7801 by Eldar Cavalier, on Flickr

IMG_7804 by Eldar Cavalier, on Flickr

IMG_7806 by Eldar Cavalier, on Flickr

IMG_7807 by Eldar Cavalier, on Flickr

IMG_7808 by Eldar Cavalier, on Flickr

IMG_7813 by Eldar Cavalier, on Flickr

IMG_7814 by Eldar Cavalier, on Flickr

IMG_7817 by Eldar Cavalier, on Flickr

IMG_7826 by Eldar Cavalier, on Flickr

IMG_7827 by Eldar Cavalier, on Flickr

IMG_7829 by Eldar Cavalier, on Flickr

We played a 1000pt game with all the units seen above. Basically I had everything but a Warlock and my Hornets off the board Turn 1. No damage was sustained in my T1 and I was able nuke the Vulture with my Reapers, but Hornets did nothing against the Leman Russ. The next turn the Dark Reapers  were out of position and only got a few pot shots on the Punisher Leman Russ and the Hornets totally whiffed again... and whiffed Turn 3 as well... by which time the game had gotten totally out of hand and the rest of my army with the exception of the Hornets and Dark Reapers were gone, as a combination of insane firepower from the double-tapping Punisher and double tapping Guardsmen at 24" even with a -1 to hit from Alaitoc were rolling hot. It was a big loss for the Eldar... but I've got a revenge strategy!

The issue I seem to run into... is tank busting and long range anti-infantry firepower. My army worked great last edition when I was able to set-up some long range crossfires and then thrust forward with close-range units. However my Hornets are doing absolutley nothing in most games... and I've gotten away from my Jetbikes because of the middling 24" range on the Shuriken Cannons.

However! Thats about to change.... I'm gonna be rocking 2 Crimson Hunter Exarchs in my upcoming list... which very closely replicates the firepower my Hornets had in 7th ed... but with far greater maneuverability. They'll be -2 to hit when more than 12 inches away and should give me some long range anti-tank with some excellent staying power due to being so elusive.

Also my Scatter Laser Jetbikes are returning in a small Saim-Hann Outrider detachment which I'm thrilled to be running. It really matches the old Corsair Coterie system to have a number of very unique specialized little detachments making up my army so it should be fun.

The future list is gonna be really good. Don't worry a Y'nnari detachment is coming as we play bigger games... with the Visarch and his Incubi! So some really cool stuff coming soon so I hope you guys are looking forward to it.

Anyway hope you guys enjoyed the small Battle Round-Up as I'll call it. Let me know what you think. Alright talk soon guys and take care!

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #1676 on: February 1, 2018, 03:16:50 PM »
G'day, Cavalier!
Actually like this style of batrep, mate. Have started going down this road myself. In regard to the Hornets, have found them to be hit or miss. When your rolling good they're blessed awesome. When your rolling ones they're a very expensive blob of plastic. For this reason, my Farseer skyrunner is always in tow with guide. Plus, have only found them effective with 3 in the unit, so maybe not in 1000pt skirmishes.

Like your plan with the bikes and hunters, Cavalier. These will make for exciting games and good eye candy. Thanks for the effort of this batrep, mate. Really enjoyed it and looking forward to the next... Pointy ears forever!!

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #1677 on: February 1, 2018, 10:32:22 PM »
The hornets are ~125 points for BL 2 shots, where as just a base CH get an extra Pulsar shots and -1 to hit from most stuff and isn't that many more points, let alone the CH-E. It just they are really badly point costed, which sucks as they are an awesome model. Hopefully FW will wake up soon.

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #1678 on: February 2, 2018, 12:35:01 PM »
Thanks for the write up Cav. I prefer the old style BatRep, but I appreciate how much effort that kind of post takes, so I definitely understand the decision to change.

Seems like you faced some really tough luck with those Hornets. The Crimson Hunters should definitely provide a bit more offensive whack, although at this kind of points level, are you not worried that you'll be putting a lot of eggs in 1 basket?

I was nice to see 2 different lists though, as they are a little divergent from the current meta (Except for that big blob of Reapers...that is a far too common sight imho).

Better luck next time Cav!*

*But beslubber it...woooooo! Your Bro won! Cav sucks! Wooooooooo!!!!
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1679 on: February 3, 2018, 04:30:13 PM »
@Saim-Dann- Thanks so much as always Dann. Yes I hear you on the Hornets... they really are hit and miss. My issue with devoting Farseer love to them... is that I'd rather fortune my Reapers, or even a single Crimson Hunter simply based on volume of shots. If you could Guide the entire squadron I'd be all about it... but its tough justifying Guiding just a single Hornet, since they are all solo after deployment. Oh man its so tough because I love my Hornets to death. I may try running them AND the Crimson Hunters together because they look great together visually. Anyway thanks as always my friend I appreciate it!

@Magenb- You nailed it bud. The points are just way off when compared to other Eldar vehicles.  I didn't see it at first because 125 pts is really not that bad... but as bright lance platforms, that are fairly inaccurate platform, with only 2 shots and at medium range. You just get so much more from the Crimson Hunters for a very reasonable points total. Yeah FW has bombed as far as I'm concerned. I couldn't be more disappointed in them...especially considering how much money I invested in their product over the years. All that being said, the Hornets aren't TERRIBLE (as my podcast bro Thor would say lol) but they aren't reliable enough to carry the load when facing mech heavy armies. Anyway thanks Magenb, glad you feel me on this one. Thanks!

@Looshkin- lol.. yeah it is great that my brother is getting some wins. He deserves them after being on the short end of the stick for so dang long. Glad you understand on the bat-reps. I will go back to doing the old style when I have the time... but man you wouldn't believe how long they take to write up. Like 2 hours+

About the Crimson Hunters vs. Hornets. It actually feels like a straight swap, as I'm dropping the 2 Hornets, but adding 2 Crimson Hunters (shifting points around elsewhere). The 2k List I have is a REALLY cool. Super fluffy, but should be really, really hard hitting with nasty shenanigans in there. 

Anyway thanks Loosh and stay tuned cause I got a major hobby update coming soon (not major but a lot of effort has gone into it) and I want to know what you think. Anyway thanks as always bud!

@Everybody- Hey guys... so I've got a MAJOR announcement that might just blow you guys away. I've been working on some crazy stuff behind the scenes... some real once in a lifetime type of oppotunities and I can't wait to share it with you. Stay tuned because all will be revealed soon. Stay tuned!!!!!!