News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: UK: 7th 40kOnline Tournament RESULTS  (Read 60501 times)

Offline MacVurrich

• Warrior
    • Bracknell Forest Gamers
expectaion running high :)

Errions was going to get  spoon last time but we can arrange a certi by all means
Shall we have already typed with your name on it ?  :P
Bagpipe's are not deadly weapons !. Well it depend who's playing them ! ;)
Bracknell Forest GamersThe Gaming Club Network - GAME ON ![/B]
LEGION of SNAKE EYES

Offline 666_Mutley_666

• Mass debating - a filthy group habbit!
Errions was going to get  spoon last time but we can arrange a certi by all means
Shall we have already typed with your name on it ?  :P

lol i should do betta this time 'fingers crossed' :)

are we having grudge matches? i want revenge on oink :D
oink is a nancy!

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
100 days huh? Should be plenty of time to paint 40 odd stormtroopers, and 5 odd tanks. Then I've got the choice of 4500pts of painted guard...! I've pretty much sorted out a list that I'm using atm anyway, but no doubt 5th ed will cause me to change it...

And THANK GOD that IAA is for normal 40k too. I didn't know that.. and now I have a 7" blast template in my list :D i might even have to buy another one ;)

Anyway, at least my army will be painted - so much about winning... (top third would be nice for once ;))

And who do I have to bribe to not play against necrons this time round? Dark eldar I think I might be able to manage this time... necrons guard have very little chance, i have none... ::)

Looking forward to it though!!
Tolaren 23rd Grenadiers - Jonik's Imperial Guard 'Tale'
Chariots of the Dead - Jonik's Tomb Kings 'Tale'

My BfSP Dwarfs in exchange for your BfSP Goblins! PM me! I'm still looking!

Offline Erand

• Lazerous Penguin
Hey all,

Sorry for not posting in ages, busy busy busy with work at the moment.

I am support of paying in advance as it makes life so much easier for all. It also means we can set a price and stick to it rather than saying it will be roughtly this or that and leaving it to the last moment. Rather than a vote or anything does anyone have any particular objections?

I think the best way to do it is to pay the ticket amount and then if you need a refund (due to not being able to attend) at a later date for any reason then it will be availible although past a particular date (that we will set) you may lose a small amount (half?) to cover the costs. There will be a finite number of "Tickets" and it will be first come first served.

Mac and premetheus is that ok? I would have emailed you guys but I would rather this was more transparent so that everyone can see our dicussion and be involved as its a group choice. Once we have decided something then we can set up the payment infomation and I will circulate it to everyone on the email and the PM list.

Comments please everyone!

Erriond

Offline MacVurrich

• Warrior
Hi Erriond
as I posted earlier
the event is yours we supply the facilities , unfortunately we have to charge as we're not a RICH club :) we charge the 40KOFLT and how you collect it is up to you.

At the same time if you want us to collect the cash and run the "finance" admin that's fine as both Erriond and gOOgle are BFG members we can do that.

You state how it's done and we will endeavour to facilitate. All we (I as treasurer) state is the cost of the hall :)

If your going to pay up front can I get those who do in which ever form Paypal, cheque, Tradable goods (Blondes, Diamonds, 1st Son etc  :P ) to email in advance so that we can be aware
40kofl-gt@bfgclub.org.uk

cheers
« Last Edit: May 8, 2008, 12:22:58 PM by MacVurrich »
LEGION of SNAKE EYES

Offline Erand

• Lazerous Penguin
I would rather the club dealt with finances as an organisation than one of us as individuals taking the money. That was it is more reliable and trustworthy, not to say I don't trust any of our devoted members but it complication best avoided.

What is the price of the hall Mac? Did you guys work out how many we can fit in it?

Erriond

Offline premetheus

• I don't do grammer!
  • Armies: Everything, well not Orks
Hi Erriond i sent you a copy of mine and Nicks e-mail conversation, here is a look at the general idea...

As for cost we still need to work out the exact amount
of tables we can fit in comfortably (Whcih will be done this monday)
 so once we have done this we will have an idea of max numbers, if we go with 20 being the amount we want minimum, then we would charge £7 per head which would cover the £140
cost. Any over that and its a bonus so would take £3
deposit at pre booking to be done 4 weeks before hand at the latest.
with rest due latest 2 weeks before so if we need to
we can find replacements fill the other space from
elsewhere. Also any one paying late (As in they paid
the deposit) will lose it unless valid reason. Anyone
signing up in last two weeks will have to pay in full
and £8 (Unless they were on the possible list as we
had full pre bookings) Does that make sense? also is
that fair price? and do you agree with losing deposit?

Will take cheque, cash and direct bank transfer
preferably and Pay Pal as a very last resort as we get
charged 15p per transaction aperently.

Finally at end we can review what money was taken and
reduce/increase etc... if necessary for the next time.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2008, 06:17:08 AM by premetheus »

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
    • oinks overambitious terrain project(s)
i think nick IS erriond!

Offline premetheus

• I don't do grammer!
  • Armies: Everything, well not Orks
hmm which makes it even more confusing then lol

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
 :D anyways, on to more important matters...

vrylokas... your after a "grudge" match are you? hmm... it was an enjoyable game we had, though im not sure which army ill be bringing along this time. what are you planning to bring along? i was hoping to bring along a(nother) new army... but as mac pointed out, erm... we only have 100days... and i havent put together anything, let alone started painting...

my tau might need some attention... i played a game with them for the first time since the last tourney the other day. well, they are mad at me... i had atrocious luck! of course, perhaps the eldar are going to have to rear their ugly head again!?

Offline MacVurrich

• Warrior
........... but as mac pointed out, erm... we only have 100days... and i havent put together anything, let alone started painting...
LEGION of SNAKE EYES

Offline 666_Mutley_666

Will take cheque, cash and direct bank transfer
preferably and Pay Pal as a very last resort as we get
charged 15p per transaction aperently.

wot if people paying via paypal pay the extra 15p coz i wont mind :)

@oink - yea it was a good game, i really enjoyed it :) proberly my favourite game of the day :) ill be using one of three armies, my khorne, my daeomons (havent actually started them yet but hey lol) or my necrons :)
oink is a nancy!

Offline Naikee

• Wych
  • Dear, dear..
i agree with 666 vy here i will most likely be paying via paypal so i dont mind paying an extra 15 p!

im really stuck on choices for armies with the new 5th ed. I think with the new dark eldar boost i will go with them...although eldar may still be viable will have to wait and see  :-\

"Death is my meat, terror my wine."

Current w/d/l with my Slaanesh HOC: 3/1/0
last game against vampire counts 2500

Offline Chuckles, The Space Marine Clown

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
  • I kill, maim and torture because I care
i agree with 666 vy here i will most likely be paying via paypal so i dont mind paying an extra 15 p!

im really stuck on choices for armies with the new 5th ed. I think with the new dark eldar boost i will go with them...although eldar may still be viable will have to wait and see  :-\

Bring it on with your dark eldar naikee, we still need a decider game. As I recall it's one game to you, one game to me. I'll bring the Nids, let's see what you've got
The forum rules are fair and just. *twitch*

Offline Naikee

• Wych
  • Dear, dear..

Bring it on with your dark eldar naikee, we still need a decider game. As I recall it's one game to you, one game to me. I'll bring the Nids, let's see what you've got

yeah sure! although ...even though i hate to say this. :D You won one game and we drew the other game...

will you be bringing your nids?

"Death is my meat, terror my wine."

Current w/d/l with my Slaanesh HOC: 3/1/0
last game against vampire counts 2500

Offline Chuckles, The Space Marine Clown

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
  • I kill, maim and torture because I care
I would use a different army but I don't have time to finish another one, so yeah, the Nids will be there.  The contents will be a little different though...
The forum rules are fair and just. *twitch*

Offline Shas'Oink

• Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
okay, so 98 days to go. thats never enough time for me to start (and finish) the army i would hope to bring... so they are probably going to have to wait until perhaps the next tourney. so, at the moment im not really in any particular frame of mind... i dont know what ill be bringing... ???

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
okay, so 98 days to go. thats never enough time for me to start (and finish) the army i would hope to bring... so they are probably going to have to wait until perhaps the next tourney. so, at the moment im not really in any particular frame of mind... i dont know what ill be bringing... ???

Guard!

Offline 666_Mutley_666

looking at it wi will be definately taking the daemons now :)
oink is a nancy!

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
At least its not necrons...