News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Competitive non lock list 1850  (Read 508 times)

Offline Tèarion

• Be quick or be dead.
Competitive non lock list 1850
« on: November 26, 2009, 02:58:11 PM »
Do you guys think this mech/reserve S6 spam list is competitive?

***************  2 HQ  *************** 

Autarch, Warpgen, Mandi, PW, Fusiongun

Farseer, RoW, Doom

***************  2 Elite  *************** 

6 Fire Dragons
+ Serpent, Scatterlaser, Stones

6 Fire Dragons

***************  3 Standard  *************** 

5 Dire Avengers

5 Dire Avengers

10 Dire Avengers, Exarch, Bladestorm

***************  1 Fast  *************** 

7 Spiders, Exarch, add spinner, withdraw

***************  2 Heavy Support  *************** 

3 WW 6 x Scatterlaser

3 WW 6 x Scatterlaser

Total: 1850

Farseer goes with the 10 Avengers and dooms what they gonna shoot, Autarch with Spiders. If the Spiders deepstrike I will see game-wise. The dragons kill the biggest Tankthread the rest is hopefully overwhelmed by S6 dakka. WW outflank, rest goes reserve.
I think apart from perhaps IG this list is fine against everything.

So what you say?

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
Re: Competitive non lock list 1850
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 03:28:50 PM »
Do you guys think this mech/reserve S6 spam list is competitive?

This question is too vague in my view.  Do you want to know if the list is viable?  If so, do you want to know whether it will work in regular games or in tournaments?

Once you have clarified this, I may review the list, depending on your answer  :).
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Tèarion

• Be quick or be dead.
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 03:36:20 PM »

Once you have clarified this, I may review the list, depending on your answer  :).

I know ;)

This time its just a fun list that came in my mind. Usually in friendly games I know which army I will face and know what works against that specific opponent.
I want to know if this list would be viable as an all-comer, because I feel it could work well in my hands and would actually bring a lot of fun (is what I want to have  ;D).

And if this list can sting a lot of different armies I might.....really just might considering to participate with it  at a tournament.

I hope that helps on your decision to reviewing this list.  :)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 03:38:19 PM by Tèarion »

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 04:08:20 PM »
Given that it's not designed, in principal, as a tournament list, I will evaluate it.

As a reserves list, it seems okay, but two things strike me as out of place:

1. Dire Avengers in Wave Serpents.  If you want to take a 'passive' scoring option, then I don't recommend this combination, as the Wave Serpent is designed to transport units into the thick of the battle, not hang around at the back, so I feel you would be better off fielding one Dire Avenger/Falcon combination, and then fielding an assault unit in a Wave Serpent (either Striking Scorpions or Howling Banshees), in order to give this list a more rounded feel to it, and better internal balance.  You could also consider replacing the Dire Avenger squad with Storm Guardians with Flamers and a Warlock with Destructor, but that comes down to personal preference.

2. The Warp Spiders could be easily wiped out in this list if they arrive in the opening turns, given how all your other infantry will be in a vehicle in the early stages of the game will make them be seen as something of a soft target, so I think you would be better off dropping them, and spending the points on a dedicated assault unit instead (see point one).

There are some other tweaks you could possibly make, but those two would be the only changes I feel would be ultimately necessary to make this list viable against most opposition.

I hope that helps.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente