News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: What is this? Battlerep Tau vs Dark eldar.  (Read 1744 times)

Offline Commander Ikari

• Show me a problem, not easily solved by a railgun!
What is this? Battlerep Tau vs Dark eldar.
« on: July 26, 2002, 04:51:19 PM »
We played recon mission, a small battle of about a thousand points. As you can see, my army don't have that many firewarriors I want.

My forces.
HQ
Shas'el. Flamer, fusionblaster , shield generator. Hardwired systems: multi-tracker, target lock and drone controller+ 2 gun drones. 116.

Elites:
1 Shas'ui teamleader in XV8 "Crisis" battlesuit. bonded.  plasma rifle, burstcannon and multi-tracker. Hardwired drone controller + 2 gun drones. 98

3 Shas'ui in XV8 "crisis" battlesuits.Bonded. Teamleader.
3 plasmarifles, 3 burstcannons and 3 multi-trackers.
3 hardwired drone controllers, 6 gun drones. 264

4 Shas'ui in XV15 "stealth suits", teamleader with hardwired drone controller+ 2 gun drones. 147

Troops.
11 Shas'la with 6 pulsecarbines, 1 shas'ui with markerlight and hardwired targetlock 145

11 Shas'la, Shas'ui teamleader with marker light and target lock. 145

9 kroot. 63
Grand total: 1001

My opponents DE:
HQ:
Raider.
Dark eldar lord with killer Incubi body guard. (About 370 points i guesse.)

Troops:
Raider squad, 10 warriors with blaster and splintercannon, 160 points with raider upgrades

16 warrior on foot group, 2 splintercannons.
Fast attack:

5 Reaver jetbikes with extra boosted sybratit. agoniser and such things. 250 points.

Stealth team and kroot infiltrates

Turn one.

He got the first turn and move all his fast troops across the table, he couldent assault anything. In my turn I move the kroot to shoot the DE archons raider. First firewarrior squad holds ground. crisis team moves to deal with the warrior raíder. Stealth team advances across the table with second firewarrior team. My commander and the lone crisis moves to give covering fire at big warrior squad.
My shooting went pretty good... The kroot destroys the HQ raider and the archon lose one wound (and his shadow field save....) My second team opens fire at the jetbike squad, destroying them all but the pinned sybratit. Big crirís team destroys warrior raider, one warrior dies in his transports flames! Stealth team open fire at the big warrior squad, killing 3 of them.
I end the turn with moving all suits into cover.

Turn 2,
DE player moves all his troops against my main battle line, kills 5 drones in shooting phase, all drones belonged to the big crisis team.
Archon and icubis assault the kroot (they had nothing better to do) and slaughters them all but one! The chicken to kroot flees frome combat 2 '!! DE HQ pursues him and takes him back as prisoner! In my turn I moved all crisis teams and my first firewarrior team to shoot the vurnable HQ. The whole squad dies in my shooting phase. Lone crisis kills the last remaining jetbike. In assault phase HQ and lone crisis advances against big warrior squad. My big crisis assaults the raider squad, killing 2 of them, the warriors loses the assault and flees 7' , my team pursues 9' and hunts them down.
Turn 3, Big warrior squad assaults Commander and lone crisis, Scores one wound, tau commander kills 2 and lone crisis kills one, I win the combat, De remains in place.

Turn 3,
Fight continues, Sybratit kills 2 drones, Commander kills sybratite. Shas'vre kills one Warrior. Drones kills the last warrior,
In my turn everything moves against DE deployment zone.
Turn 4 I move more............... .........

Victory points
DE 120 points
Tau: 2000 points

My comment: Not at all a fun game, too good shooting rolls and lots of lucky armour saves.

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hatred and hatred leads to suffering."

Master Archon

Re:What is this? Battlerep Tau vs Dark eldar.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2002, 12:47:37 AM »
Why did you give your Shas'el a Target Lock he is an independent Character?

Offline Arcas

• Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
  • Ancient
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2002, 03:21:50 AM »
I feel a need to say that the DE player used a really sub-optimal list. A 370 pts HQ in 1000pts is suicide. No wyches against Tau? Few troops?

Gilidas: Just tell that guy about EldarOnline, we'll give him some tips!

jwu

Offline Arzetch

• "Fear the Stone Crawler"
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2002, 04:29:58 AM »
I was the dark eldar player :-[. sorry but my HQ did cost...... 491p not 370 :-[ but I just bought my army and I have only a battleforce a new raider and some incubis... If I was able to choose then I hade take more warriors and some wyches..... but gillidas shooting went way to good for any army...

Offline Arcas

• Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
  • Ancient
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2002, 05:09:13 AM »
Ouch. Ok, i guess you know what you need. Lots of raiders, troops, reavers and wyches. A ravager or talos is always nice.

jwu

Offline Arzetch

• "Fear the Stone Crawler"
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2002, 03:27:19 AM »
yeah. I thinking of have about 4 warriors squads i raiders and 2 wych squads. and a talos would be nice.

btw what does jwu stands for astaroth?

Offline xv15.

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2002, 09:33:43 AM »
you can't give crisis guys hard wired options. Only guys of shas'ui team leader or higher, sorry, but crisis norms are just shas'ui, you have to updgade a single guy to either team leader for 5 points or shas'vre for an additional 5. Even then, they can only have 1 hard wired item each.
The man who makes a beast of himself,
rids himself of the pain of being a man.

Offline xv15.

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2002, 09:34:49 AM »
you're also 1 kroot short of a minimum squad
The man who makes a beast of himself,
rids himself of the pain of being a man.