News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Cadres Gather-Show your Tau Army  (Read 84242 times)

Offline Wuxiong

• Major, Best Painted Valkyrie
  • Armies: Imperial Guard
Re: Cadres Gather-Show your Tau Army
« Reply #60 on: December 5, 2010, 09:27:18 AM »
I wanted to try something else to paint so I painted these Vior'la Tau. I sorta liked how the Vior'la Tau have been with their warlike status, it all fits perfectly and the colour scheme I seem to like. So here they are, painted and showing right here. Enjoy. :)

Offline Col. Dash

• We're the Imperium, we're here to help
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2010, 10:08:26 AM »
555th Sturm Grenadiers
New army I am working on using this paint scheme. still needs some basing but, probably going to go a more woodsy look with sticks, grass and autumn colored lichen. It will be a very battlesuit heavy army and I will post more pics as they come, doing a FW broadside right now.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 10:37:11 PM by Col. Dash »

Offline Sayt

• The Devil you think you know.
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2010, 08:37:39 PM »
Holy beslubber.  So much win, Colonel, so much win.

Offline Blood Hawk

• Armies: Stuff
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2010, 08:57:19 AM »
That is a rather nice looking crisis suit good job.

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
    • oinks overambitious terrain project(s)
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2010, 09:42:10 AM »
555th Sturm Grenadiers
New army I am working on using this paint scheme. still needs some basing but, probably going to go a more woodsy look with sticks, grass and autumn colored lichen. It will be a very battlesuit heavy army and I will post more pics as they come, doing a FW broadside right now.
(Image removed from quote.)

fokke me!? (I think you get my hint :P)

It certainly is a nice scheme, though do you see this transferring over to fire warriors too, or simply holding it onto suits and vehicles!?

I would also suggest that the base lets the model down a bit (sorry). It might be interesting to do an autumn themed base, as it might set off a nice complement against the colour scheme... Another idea would be a snow covered base, as it would really make the colour scheme pop! You could still go with an urbanised style, just under heavy snow... having girders and barbed wire and armour plates sticking up through snow might look really interesting!? I don't think I've seen it done before?

Offline Col. Dash

« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2010, 09:51:12 AM »
I havent really done the base more than a cursory once over although I have plans, just havent gotten to them yet. Hoping this weekend to do a FW Broadside and an XV9 suit. It transfers a little over to FW. I do the armor in black and all the cloth in this camo. I might switch the armor to a very dark grey though for less harsh contrast. The overall plans are to do my unpainted stuff first and then start the repaints one team at a time.[smg id=4015 type=preview align=center caption="broadside1a"]
[smg id=4016 type=preview align=center caption="xv9 1a"]
[smg id=4017 type=preview align=center caption="FW1a"]
The FW is a test to see how it came up  and the base is still wet from a wash I gave it. I think it came up pretty good, it will be similar on a smaller scale to the suit bases.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 05:55:14 PM by Col. Dash »

Offline thebeggarking

• Death to the carrion lord!
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2011, 03:57:41 AM »
Hi all, Here's a few pics of my Tau force.  It's still very much a work in progress but getting there slowly.

Well this is my little force. Very rough round the edges but my part for the greater good.

len
"The entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks.- Terry Pratchett

Offline Col. Dash

« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2011, 08:51:02 AM »
Just a few more of my guys I have finished.
Shas'o

XV9s with PIGs

Offline minecraft1

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2011, 02:24:39 PM »
i really like the rusty colors
oh and colonel your cadre name gave me an idea for my ig army  ;D

Offline Plastikente

• Back Online!
  • Armies: Craftworld Eldar, Dark Eldar, Tau
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2012, 02:20:26 PM »
It's a while since anyone's posted anything here, but I wanted to join the club so here goes...

I first dabbled with Tau about 5 years ago, and painted them in dark reds and browns, but then work got in the way of all my hobbies, so they went into storage for a while.

When I got back into GW, I went to my Dark Eldar first (shortly before the new codex was released - got my timing just right) and painted them all in dark red and chainmail, so when I had another look at my Tau I wanted to try something different.  I bit of advice from the painting forum here showed me how to strip the paint off so that I could start again, and I chose a scheme based on the Bork'an example from the Codex.

I didn't feel I could justify posting here until I had painted a game-legal army so the Fire Warriors have been holding me back, but I've finally got enough painted to present my Starfire Cadre from the Bork'an Sept:

The full size version of this phot, and more detail shots can be found on Flickr, here: Tau Empire - a set on Flickr
This is about 40% of the Tau minis that I have and I need to buy a further 750pts if I'm indeed going to enter them in the 40ko UK tournament this year.  I'll keep posting new ones on my Flickr page as they're done if anyone is interested in monitoring my progress.

Offline Kaiju Senso

• Necrontyr Warrior
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Necrons, Guard, Tau, Marines
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2012, 12:37:10 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Huge fan of the Bork'an sept and these models look great!

Offline Shas'La robo

• For the Greater GOOD!!... and the Emperor
  • Armies: Imperial Guard, Tau
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2012, 02:54:19 AM »
Must say, i really like the stealth suits, with just the contrast from the glowing eyes, very stealthy. :P

On the whole a well painted force, can't wait to see a full 1500 point army laid out on a table!!

robo
hug cover, shoot the big ones, and cripple the fast ones. if those cant be achieved, kill em all.  8)

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2012, 08:23:57 AM »
These look great. There is a great attention to detail, from the squad markings down to the drone designation markings! It is final touches like that which really help to bring the models to life, and is something that my own forces are currently lacking (though I'm trying to rectify that).

I've seen your Avatar pic and was eager to see more so thanks for sharing!!

I'd love to see how this army progresses and grows!

Offline Plastikente

• Back Online!
« Reply #73 on: April 2, 2012, 06:27:21 PM »
There is a great attention to detail, from the squad markings down to the drone designation markings! It is final touches like that which really help to bring the models to life
j

Thanks very much. I put it down to being a perfectionist - I don't like to move on to another model until the previous one is finished, and the details give me the great chance to make them individual.

I think I might have to change my tactics though if I don't want to turn up at the tournament with a half-painted army. Time to bite the bullet and apply the 80:20 principle ... And promise myself I'll fill in the details later.

Offline eiglepulper

• Make his day, someone!
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2012, 05:42:57 PM »
I would like to present the Ka'rashi Lissera, aka The Exiled Union.

This was an army of 10,500pts for an Apocalypse game about 3 years ago, and is about 70% of my entire Tau forces.

Some closer shots: these are thumbnails, so please click on them to see a larger image.

I will hopefully eventually get all the models built and painted, but I reckon I have at least 4000pts more to do, if not a bit more than that.

E.

Offline Oliver009

• Armies: Tau
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2012, 04:40:13 PM »
This was an army of 10,500pts for an Apocalypse game about 3 years ago, and is about 70% of my entire Tau forces.

How much is 100%?!!!

Now to my army.
May I present the Tau of Mey'sha. I created Mey'sha as a forest satellite (Moon for you non astronomy people) of Tau'n. GW tell us very little about the Tau planets and thus I feel fine in creating this.

The Whole current army:

Railhead:

Vespid:

I read that each row of eyes sees via a different wavelength. I painted them a different colour to represent this. (I don't know how detailed the photo is.)
The top row are a cream colour for UV. (Like the telescope filter.)
Black for Visible
Red for Infrared.

My commander: (Shas'O Meyen Mesme. (Unforseen Combination))

In my battlesuit squads the leader has Gold helmets and stripes wilst the other members have silver. No they aren't dancing.

Firewarriors:

The green and Brown camo suits the flora on the forest satellite. As GW haven't offically designated a sept colour to Tau'n I have used purple. (I even asked them and got the reply of: For unspecified sept colours use whatever you want.) I know that DOW had a yellow for Tau'n but I don't think THQ has the authority to tell me that. If I have to repaint a stipe here and there in the future then I don't really mind.

Sorry for poor quality on painting, I try my best. There is still plenty to add to this army.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 04:41:54 PM by Oliver009 »

Offline Plastikente

• Back Online!
« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2012, 06:29:29 AM »
So, this is what I managed to scrape together for the 40ko tournament yesterday.  This 1750pt list consists of every Tau model I own (except for 1 marker drone) all painted with a day to spare!

The Starfire Cadre, Bork'an Sept

Detailed shots are available on Flickr, through the link in my sig.

Offline Shas'Oink

• Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2012, 03:27:30 PM »
Was so glad I got to see your army in full! It has some really nice unique touches, such as your custom built, converted drones. Your objective markers are nice too, particularly the wounded warrior (it obviously helped that when I first saw it on the table he looked as though he was firing the pulse pistol up a nid bugs bum!)

I encourage people to check out the detailed shots!

Offline The Peacemaker

• I make peace
  • Armies: Tau, Black Templar, Imperial Guard.
« Reply #78 on: April 1, 2013, 07:02:07 PM »
dprevs I like your white/red color scheme.  I've done a few of my models in a white/black(stormtrooper) color scheme a long time ago, they looked cool but rather meh. Your White/Red combo I think would look pretty cool on a whole army.  I'll have to steal it for my farsight enclave colors.

Rest of my army is painted in the traditional vommit brown colors. I'll post pics soon.