News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Farsight Bomb at 1250 pts  (Read 2171 times)

Offline Packetmaster

• Plasma get's hot! Keep shooting! Commissar nearby
  • Armies: Guard
Farsight Bomb at 1250 pts
« on: August 26, 2013, 11:08:02 PM »
Hi, I just started to play Tau as my second army. I also play IG so i'm use to shooty army. But with my Tau I wanted to go a little more on the Elite side of things. We play 1250 pts in my local area so there was a lot of toys to fit inside that list, but at the end I'm happy with it.

Still I wanted some advise or comments about it

Farsight Bomb

ELDAR ALLIES 171 pts.
HQ
Autarch
Jet bike, Reaper Launcher (48" gun)

TROOPS
(3) Jet bikes
Shuriken Cannon

TAU DETACHMENT 1080 pts
HQ
Farsight
Commander
Iridium Armor, Onagir Gauntlet, Jammer, Drone Controller,
Target Lock, Stim Injector, (15 pts. Gun), 2 Gun Drones

7 Crisis Body Guards
       #1- (2) Flamers, C2 Node, Multi-spectrum sensor
#2 to 7- (2) 15 pts. Gun each, (6) Target Lock
             (12) Gun Drones

TROOPS
(6) FW
(6) FW

1251 pts.

The idea is that the commander, Farsight (as a warlord) and the Body Guard are in reserve and come on a 2+, thanks to  the Autarch special rule. The goals is to hide  out of line of sight the FW  and the Jet Bikes for as long as needed for the Bomb to drop. In later game if the Jet Bikes have survived they can move and turbo-boost up to 48" to contest or grab an objective. I will  mostly play against Blood Angels, Chaos Space Marines and Orks. None of them play mechanised, so if I play against marines, I planed to gear up with plasma on the suits, and if I play against Orks I am not sure which is the best. Missiles or Burst Cannon?

Thanks for your comments!

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
Re: Farsight Bomb at 1250 pts
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 09:17:39 AM »
This is a gimmicky list, and so it will work depending largely on what your opponent brings. A Decent of Angels list would be very, very dangerous for this thing, if for no other reason than he stands a very good chance of locking the Farsight Bomb in assault. If he can assault you hard enough, you're doomed. As for Orks, it will depend entirely on what the Ork player brings. A Green Tide will have too many bodies for you to eliminate and may simply swamp you/outscore you. A Speed Freak list should be easily blown up. A Kan Wall will be 50/50--depends on how many Kans and how many boyz.

Chaos you should be OK so long as there aren't too many Flying MCs or Heldrakes, both of which will ruin this list's day by simply flying around and (1) getting into CC without you being able to stop it or (2) flying around and killing your troops easily so it becomes very difficult to win most missions.

What I would suggest doing, to make this list a little more flexible, is (1) Drop the Commander (he's just there to soak wounds, which is what all those gazillion gun drones should be for, anyway, or something Farsight can do for you, too), (2) Add Vetored Retro Thrusters somewhere in that unit, (3) take the mountain of points you spent on that commander and buy yourself some more troops or something with some long-range firepower, like a Skyray or a Hammerhead. 

That's my .02.

Offline AXEBLADE

• Burna Mek
  • Armies: Orks, Eldar, Imperial Guard
« Reply #2 on: September 7, 2013, 12:52:54 AM »
The eldar allies seem really terrible.
for less points you could get an aegis defense line with comms relay. This is better at getting your reserves on and gives your fire warriors cover.

Offline Packetmaster

• Plasma get's hot! Keep shooting! Commissar nearby
  • Armies: Guard
« Reply #3 on: September 7, 2013, 11:26:12 AM »
I put the elder in planning to hide them and turbo-boost to grab an objective with them on the last turn.
But it is a gimmick list, I planned to use it once or twice to shut a big mouth shot (You know how brothers are) lol