News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Aurics Pride's Projects- Corsairs, Raven Guard, Daemons and now Dark Eldar!  (Read 59580 times)

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Prince Finniatann's Warband (Also known as another Corsair thread...)
« Reply #360 on: January 26, 2018, 11:20:10 AM »
Man I don't know if it is your photography or the way you paint but I really like seeing your Raven Guard.

I also like the colour scheme you have chosen for your Escher. I particularly like the colours you have used on the models hair.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #361 on: January 26, 2018, 02:40:10 PM »
Man just absolutley killer work AP! The posing on the models is soooo good as are the bits (love those Sanguinary Guard wings!). The guy with the crossed swords is such an all-star... reminds me of something you might see in WintersSEO's Space Marine army which I love! Also the paint jobs are of course fantastic. The power swords look really great.

The Necromunda stuff looks awesome too. I've never been into Necromunda the whole Cyber Punk thing is not my thing, but the paint jobs are sick and the name is hilarious! Epic post man... keep them coming! I want to see some Eldar Corsairs!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #362 on: January 28, 2018, 04:52:39 AM »
AP, nice work buddy! I particularly love those Necromunda minis, they look fantastic and you've really done justice to what are some of the best sculpts that GW have produced.

The Raven Guard are great too. Moody. Dark. Imposing. Characterful. Really top notch work!
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
« Reply #363 on: February 7, 2018, 06:03:37 PM »
Cheers guys!
@Saim-Dann- Sadly my eyes aren't as good as they used to be but I am starting to get my steady hand back again. Just need a bit more practice!

@Alienscar- Thanks man! To be honest the Eldar are definitely my first love but the Raven Guard are starting to feel a bit like my true love! Considering I've never really enjoyed Space Marine armies too much I have really enjoyed building and painting this army!

@Cav- As always bud your comments mean a lot! I haven't really got anything Corsair related planned for the moment (not since Forge World took them away from me!) but you may see an odd bit here or there and I may have a project coming which will be of interest to you!

@Loosh- Cheers Loosh! That's absolutely what I was going for with the Raven Guard models. I absolutely love the Necromunda sculpts and plan on doing some more bits in the future, waiting to see what the Delaque and Van Saar gangs look like when they drop later in this year.

@Everybody-
So I don't have an update for the moment but I do have something in the pipeline for the next couple of days. I have a few more Raven Guard bits almost finished and actually have a couple of Eldar bits that just need some finishing touches!
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #364 on: February 15, 2018, 04:52:04 AM »
Hey guys!
One little update from me today. Over the last couple of weeks I've been doing some speed painting on these guys to get them done before I have some new toys arriving. I really love these new models, I was very dubious about the Primaris stuff when it first started dropping and I've got to be honest I really loved putting this kit together. I may add some more at a later date!
DSC_9628

I am also at the moment trying to plan out ideas for what I do next, although I love my current Eldar I don't really feel like the colour scheme/models really feel enough like pirates to be proper Corsairs. With the announcement of the new Drukhari codex on the way I am considering building up a Dark Eldar Pirate themed army as part of a "Tale of 4 Gamers" style thing that has been suggested by a friend of mine.
Need to start planning out some colour schemes!

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #365 on: February 15, 2018, 05:19:40 AM »
G'day Aurics Pride!
This is speed painting in your house? Crikey Moses, mate, they look amazing... and your right. The Primaris range is pretty cool... Be well! 

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #366 on: February 15, 2018, 06:32:20 AM »
Wow, these look amazing AP. Absolutley sinister... super dark but with just enough color picked out. I think you made an excellent call on using the skull faces (which are the best parts of these models IMO), the red shoulder pads and the green grenades. Really draws the eye in. Just fantastic execution as always.

Also hell yeah! So stoked to hear that you are gonna take the plunge with DE. You are gonna love those models. IMO the best overall range in Warhammer. So many different types of units and the designs are just so strong. Any idea on a paint scheme or a theme? I hope you go homebrew on your scheme cause I'm really intrigued to see what you cook up.

About your Corsairs though, I think they definitley look/feel right to me. There are some more sinister Corsairs like the Void Dragons, but then there are some of the brighter/bolder dudes like the Sky Hunters or Sun Blitz Brotherhood. Plus your paint jobs are just outstanding... which is why I'm so stoked to see you tackle Dark Eldar... you are gonna love it and you can save some of the bits for your Corsairs should you return to them.

Great update bud can't wait for more.

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #367 on: February 16, 2018, 05:02:29 PM »
Sweet Reavers AP. I love those models, especially the skull helms. I think that your colour choices have really accentuated what is a dark and moody unit, whilst picking out the skull mask...I really think enemies would end up seeing only the skull mask and they would be crapping themselves by the time the unit actually hit their lines.

Cool unit and a cooler paint job. Excellent work AP.

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #368 on: February 21, 2018, 09:59:13 AM »
@Saim-Dann- Cheers bud, to be honest with a unit like that I do take quite a few shortcuts! Drybrushing and Nuln Oil to give shading and Highlights rather than doing it properly. A bit lazy but it does give the look that I like for my Raven Guard.

@Cav- Thanks man! Yeah I really love this kit, they were easy to put together and have such a unique look to them. They actually aren't half bad on the table as well. They were the MVPs in the only game I've used them in so far!
On my Corsairs I know what you mean but I just feel like they look too clean cut to be proper pirates! My plans at the moment are to keep my Current Corsair colour scheme for Craftworld Eldar and then I am considering starting up a very heavily themed Dark Eldar Corsair army. Lots of spikes, chains etc. Really evil!

@Loosh- Cheers Loosh, that's the exact look I was going for. They fit in so well with the Raven Guard theme, I can just imagine the skull masks emerging from the shadows before they charge into their enemies.

@Everybody-
So I have one little update for today, I've been working on a couple more bits for the Raven Guard over the last few days but the main bit of work I've done is a test model for my possible Dark Eldar.
I kitbashed the model last night and then painted up over 3 ish hours this morning. I definitely agree with what people say that these are some of the best models in the 40k range.
Again it's a bit of a speed paint and there are a few bits that I am touching up prior to it actually hitting the tabletop. I am feeling that this is possibly my favourite colour scheme so far, nice and sinister!
20180221_142842

Now if I decide to keep going with these then I am going to have to ask for input in regards army names and some fluff ideas!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #369 on: February 21, 2018, 11:44:16 AM »
Hey AP. Love this dude. Love the scheme from top to bottom. I'm a MONSTER fan of DE in purple schemes... and its cool to see you do the purple edge highlight on black, like GW did for the initial roll out of the revamped DE line. I love the green accent colors and the way you painted the casing on the blaster pistol. I'm 100% on board with this approach and will make for quick turn around time on getting the army on the tabletop. I think you crushed it bud. It'll mesh well with your blue Corsairs too. So all in all I love it... now I just need MORE!!!! lol Keep rocking bud I want this army on the tabletop!

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #370 on: February 21, 2018, 04:55:25 PM »
G'day, Aurics Pride!
Lovely work on this piece, mate. Even blurred, the blade to his weapon looks really nice. The work done on his pistol has paid off as well, Auric. It looks blended so if it was only highlighted ... Niiiiice!

Well done on the helmet lenses as well, mate. ties in nicely with the overall feel of the character. Your DE is moving leaps and bounds, Auric. Keen to see them in a group shot... Pointy ears forever!!

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #371 on: February 22, 2018, 11:03:20 AM »
I am feeling that this is possibly my favourite colour scheme so far, nice and sinister!

I must say I have to agree with you Aurics Pride this colour scheme is brilliant. I really like the way the purple highlighting defines the shape of the armour as it lends a different look to the model as a whole.

I kitbashed the model last night

What bits have you used to make this Aurics?
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #372 on: February 22, 2018, 03:24:12 PM »
Cheers guys!
@Cav- Thanks bud! You were quite crucial with the inspiration for the colour scheme. I am trying to slow myself down a little bit on my painting in the hope that the quality improves. There will be more soon, don't you worry about that!

@Saim-dann- Cheers man! I really enjoyed this model and wanted to do something a bit different on the blade. Thde casing on the pistol was actually delicately drybrushed! I have more on the way so it won't be too long!

@Alienscar- Cheers! With the right highlighting the armour on these models looks great!
The pieces were Scourge legs and body & blade from the Raider kit. The pistol I think was from a Wych box and I'm not sure on the helmet!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #373 on: February 25, 2018, 07:17:58 PM »
Just have to say, Wow! Perfect combo of emerald and amethyst. Name wise, maybe the Soul Mourners or Midnight Mauraders. Stay with these colors, the army is brilliant.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #374 on: February 26, 2018, 03:30:21 PM »
Boris grasped his lasgun tight, he had never felt so scared in his life. In the 3 weeks that he had served on Boralis III he had seen sights that he could never have imagined, half of his squad had been wiped out and he had been lucky to escape with his life on multiple occasions. Yet he had never even laid eyes on his enemy, not once had he even been able to catch a glimpse of one of the Dark Eldar pirates that had been laying waste to the 83rd Cadian Regiment at every turn.
He heard a crackle of static coming through the vox-net, followed by a piercing high pitched shriek….
Explosions erupted around him and lances of dark light burnt holes in nearby bunkers. The return fire was erratic, the imperial guns firing wildly into the haze unable to find a target.
Boris steadied himself against the side of the trench and brought the sight of his lasrifle up to his eye. He suddenly found himself thrown against the far wall of the trench by a huge explosion, completely stunned he tried to regain his senses. As his eyesight returned he saw a blurry figure infront of him. After a couple of seconds the figure came into focus, clad in black and purple armour and standing a good foot taller than Boris himself. The figure looked down at Boris, his eyes were as black as the depths of space but he could see the hatred that radiated from within. Before Boris could move or even utter a word he felt his neck snap
And then it all went black………….

Archon Bal’thair
“The Tainted Prince”

Although True Born Bal’thair had a far from privileged start to life. The offspring of an Archon and an unknown slave girl, from birth he lived as an orphan on a Corsair fleet. Learning to fight from a young age he quickly became one of the most feared duellists in the fleet and regularly led boarding actions and slave raids. He rose in prominence within the fleet, proving his martial prowess again and again.
An expert with Blade and with Agoniser his lightning quick reflexes and impressive strength allowed him to overwhelm almost any opponent. During the years that he spent serving under the Corsair Prince Tla’keth he was bested only once in single combat, by the prince himself.
His return to Commorragh was not a welcome one, in a raid on an Eldar Exodite world Bal’thair’s forces were ambushed by Forces from Craftworld Biel Tan. Almost the entire Corsair fleet had been wiped out and Bal’thair and what was left of his raiding party had to flee through an open Webway gate. After weeks spent searching, Bal’thair was approached by a Troupe of Harlequins under the name of The Masque of the Silent Sun. Fearing for the safety of his forces he challenged the Troupe Master to single combat. The fight raged for over an hour but Bal’thair gained the upper hand, using his Agoniser to tie up the Troupe Master’s power sword he stepped in with his blade for the killing blow. Stopping the blade millimeters from the Troupe Master’s neck Bal’thair requested that the Harlequins provide passage for them back to Commorragh. Bal’thair returned to Commorragh with only a dozen of his soldiers left, no ships and no slaves.
Bal’thair saw only one way to get his life back, fighting in the fighting pits of Commorragh he began to build up his status again. Through the strength of his blade he began to draw more followers to him and slowly he began to build up his prestige. It was not long before Bal’thair was able to step away from the fighting pits and set sail at the head of his very own Corsair fleet.
Bal’thair’s Corsairs “The Midnight Marauders” quickly gained a reputation, word of their lightning fast and brutal attacks against Imperial worlds around the eye of terror quickly spread and Bal’thair soon became known as a cruel and ruthless leader.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
Re: Aurics Pride's Projects- Corsairs, Raven Guard, Daemons and now Dark Eldar!
« Reply #375 on: February 27, 2018, 06:42:03 AM »
Oh hell yeah. Love the background, very nice piece of writing. Really reminds me of that classic 3rd ed fluff about an DE raid on an Imperial compound. The model itself is freaking awesome. It just screams classic DE which I love. I don't know if I've mentioned it before... but my Corsairs are themed after the original G1 Autobots from Transformers (specifically Hot Rod) so I always love seeing DE in Decepticon purple. Just great scheme... I love the red gems by the way just feel super sinister... Great paint job Auric I love it.

Also about that whip.... its inspired a theme song for your Archon  ;D

Castlevania - Bloody Tears Meets Metal - YouTube

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #376 on: February 27, 2018, 08:11:28 AM »
Simply incredible. Love the back story and I love the model. I can't wait to see how your force is going to start shaping up. I envision some definite gladatorial links with some wyches and some incubi for his history as a duelist. I like how you kitted him out as well. I do see a shoulder strapped husk blade, was that intentional to allow him to swap his melee weapons? Keep 'em coming. Seeing another dark kin project really helps motivate me as well.

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #377 on: February 27, 2018, 08:55:44 AM »
Very nice!
What a great read and such a badass. Would love to hear the story as to who belongs to the skin he uses as a cape. A beautifully painted piece as well, Auric!... Be well! 
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 08:57:06 AM by Saim-Dann »

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #378 on: February 27, 2018, 01:16:49 PM »
Cheers guys!

@Cav- Thanks Bro! That's really what I wanted out of these models so far, I want them to look as sinister as possible, I think the purple works really well for this and the red feels like a nice spot colour to help. I'm not massively happy about the whip to be honest, I feel like I could have done so much more with it but I just wasn't sure what!
Also I love that tune!
To be honest weirdly when I think of Dark Eldar I really think of the weird J-Rock bands like Versailles. Strange as hell but they seem to fit well:

Versailles- The Revenant Choir- Live- Particularly wait for the guitar solos.

@Dog_of_War- Thanks man, I really find that it helps to have a idea of backstory etc to plan out my painting colour choices etc. I've got to be honest your project thread had a bit of input into my choices too! That blade is actually part of his shoulder pad but now you've given me the idea I might have a look to see if I can mount a blade on him. I will be ordering another start collecting box (or two) soon so will have another couple of Archon models for converting so will be making one with a Huskblade as well.

@Saim-Dann- Cheers bud! I am sure I can certainly write a little something out! I want to flesh out the background for this army as I really think that there is so much scope for the Dark Eldar. Such a fluffy (and yet spikey and scary!) race!

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #379 on: February 27, 2018, 03:08:16 PM »
Love that first DE model AP. The posing is great and the paint job really makes him pop. I don't like the posing of the 2nd DE nearly as much, but the paint is even better I think.

I hear what you're saying with the whip. Maybe a blend towards one of the colours already present in the model? Not sure what to suggest. Even so, if you do nothing to the miniature, the paint work already looks superb.

Great updates AP, nice to have you back on here a little more regularly!