News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: POC Ulthwe - The Path of the Damned Session 2  (Read 27594 times)

Offline The_Outcast

• Infinity Circuit
  • I am the only one who left willingly.
POC Ulthwe - The Path of the Damned Session 2
« on: June 30, 2008, 09:01:36 PM »
This is the POC for the craftworld Ulthwe. This is the second session the first one can be found here: PoC: Ulthwe - The Path of the Damned.

This thread for the Members (or anyone that supports Ulthwe) to talk about anything that relates to the craftworld, fluff, tactics, army lists and what not.

The head of the POC but, by no means the dictator, is me. I will update the thread and keep it in order.

This is the frontpage of the POC and so far it is not set in stone, and can(and probably will be) change until the craftworld is happy.

Below is a member list of those who belong to the Craftworld, an explanation of the Craftworld is organized. Which both are subject to change at any time.

Ranks:

Council Farseer- If any Mod joins this will be there rank.

Autarch- There will only be one. This person will be the organizer/leader of the craftworld.

Council Warlock- Member who have contributed greatly. These will be the members who dedicated a lot of time to the craftworld. They will be member who have been around for a while as will be reflected by their post count(+750)

Exarch- These will be the people who have contributed in some way towards the craftworld or towards a project. They will have some experience which should be reflected by their post count(+500)

Black Guardian- Member who help their craftworld and who have behaved in a good manner(for the most part) They will be relatively new members, post count(+250)

Guardian- This the first rank that any one will attain. They will be a new member who have an interest in the Craftworld. Post Count(+100)

Civilian- People who want to be associated with us but do not meet the 100 post requirements.

Honorary Member- People who support Ulthwe but are associated with another POC

Moving Up the Ranks.

I will decide who gets promoted and who doesn't. The best way to NOT get promoted is to ask to be promoted. You will moved up when I feel that you have earned/deserve it. I am the last call for this, if you do something stupid or that pisses me off, expect your promotions to be delayed.

Current Members

Autarch-The_Outcast(me)

Council Farseer-Xodiac

Council Warlock- Small_Fury_Spider
Council Warlock- Dryad

Exach-

Black Guardian- Lord Ulthanesh

Guardian- Schrodinger
Guardian- stezerok
Guardian- ShadowBreed

Civilian

Honorary Members- Talon Raven
Honorary Members- Naikee
Honorary Members- haunt

Yes I know that the list is mostly empty. It will take me some time to track down everyone and add them to the list. If you have not been active then you will be kicked out. When you return your rank will be restored. If you name is not listed PM me and I will add you to the list.

The_Outcast

« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 05:15:54 PM by The_Outcast »

Offline The_Outcast

• Infinity Circuit
Re: POC Ulthwe - The Path of the Damned Session 2
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 09:02:03 PM »
Reserved for Future Use.

The_Outcast

Offline The_Outcast

• Infinity Circuit
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 09:02:32 PM »
Reserved for Future Use.

The_Outcast

Offline small_furry_spider

• Council Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • www.small.furryspider.com
Re: PoC: Ulthwe - The Path of the Damned
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 05:22:41 PM »
I am still alive here, but my wife is having a baby in March so I am not sure I will be able to contribute much in the near future, and things are a bit busy now...

Offline Dryad

• Go Jets Go
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 05:41:34 PM »
I remember Eldrad2000 from back in the day... Another soul lost in the Eye, eh? Look, its been only a few days and I am already stripped of my title. (Although I agreed to it, so all is good ;))

Dryad, Council Warlock, Jan. 2009. R.I.P.

Now come the days of "Full Member". At least its better than "Half Member" or "Almost Member". hmmmm maybe I could be "Goldmember"... Maybe I'll go ask my wife and see what she thinks of my member...lol

Anyhoo. Continue. Take care guys, Ulthwe rocks, keep up the fight!

Offline Lord Ulthanash

• Armies: Eldar: Corsairs and Ulthwe
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 03:56:24 PM »
WHAT DRYAD!!! FIRST LAZ AND NOW YOU!!!! what about all of the good times..... :'(, that project we worked on, that I've forgotten the name of.

anyway. who are the council warlocks/farseers left? and how does one get promoted, just heavy posting concerning the fate of ulthwe, helping newbie ulthwe'ers, battle reports, etc..?

EDIT: Ulthanesh Shelwe of Ulthwe was a name I once went by, a year or two ago. Seeing as how I'm a black guardian, and that name was under the black guardian list, and I've been active, I shouldn't be stricken from the list, right?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 03:59:21 PM by Lord Ulthanesh »

He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

Offline The_Outcast

• Infinity Circuit
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 11:23:06 PM »
@Outcast: Keeping an active POC is a be-atch of a work, if I was you I'd start to get some order in there Front Page and hunt for the old members yesterday.

Yeah I noticed.  I tried looking up the old people but, too many of them had changed thier names and I have no idea how to track them down.

So this the very Official and New Ulthwé POC as decreed by the The_Outcast and Modship authority - Nice to see some action in the POC guys, and I'll keep a close look on things in there, as Iyanden I may be, I still have my old Ultwhé tourney force sitting on the shelve, ready for dust off if need be

We probably all have a Ulthwe tourni army, and most us probably have like 3 or farseers. I even have two Eldrads. 

The_Outcast
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 11:41:06 PM by The_Outcast »

Offline Eliphas the Inheritor

• Let the darkness shine
« Reply #7 on: February 1, 2009, 04:57:36 AM »
I remember Eldrad2000 from back in the day... Another soul lost in the Eye, eh?

aye, it`s me, eldrad2000 from the good old days. my soul is not lost yet to the eye of terror. i took the darker path since 5th ed. came out and i reverted to chaos and then daemons. all my eldar minis are painted ulthwe` in anticipation of a new muse. i sold none of my minis and curreently own every model from the codex, except shining spears. well, keep it coming guys and let`s keep this little niche growing.

hail the farseers :) i feel the warp overtaking me......... :-\

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
« Reply #8 on: February 1, 2009, 09:26:23 AM »
Enough from the peanut gallery, especially when the advice given is to do things we are already doing.

Modly nothing, I'm part of the POC.

I remember Eldrad2000 from back in the day... Another soul lost in the Eye, eh?

aye, it`s me, eldrad2000 from the good old days. my soul is not lost yet to the eye of terror. i took the darker path since 5th ed. came out and i reverted to chaos and then daemons. all my eldar minis are painted ulthwe` in anticipation of a new muse. i sold none of my minis and curreently own every model from the codex, except shining spears. well, keep it coming guys and let`s keep this little niche growing.

hail the farseers :) i feel the warp overtaking me......... :-\

For the second time, we know.  ;)  Your entry was updated a day or two ago.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2009, 09:27:31 AM by Mr.Peanut »
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.

Offline haunt

• Aspect Warrior | I Won the Eldar Army List Competition, and All I Got Was This Title!
  • Play and have fun.
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angel, Tyranids, Necrons and Tau
« Reply #9 on: February 1, 2009, 03:59:32 PM »
Hello all,

Can I take a part in the Honorary member, since I do use part Ulthwe in my army. Well, especially Eldrad.

Thanks.
This is where Death rejoices, as he teaches the living.

Hoc est ubi mors gaudet, quod ipse docet vivis.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Offline Dryad

• Go Jets Go
« Reply #10 on: February 1, 2009, 11:12:56 PM »
Hello all,

Can I take a part in the Honorary member, since I do use part Ulthwe in my army. Well, especially Eldrad.

Thanks.

Well if everyone who used Eldrad was an Ulthwe member, I think the entire Eldar community would have an Eye of Isha tatoo on their arse.

Offline haunt

• Aspect Warrior | I Won the Eldar Army List Competition, and All I Got Was This Title!
  • Play and have fun.
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angel, Tyranids, Necrons and Tau
« Reply #11 on: February 2, 2009, 11:36:26 AM »
Well, I do have a 42,000+ Eldar Army not including my Titans.
This is where Death rejoices, as he teaches the living.

Hoc est ubi mors gaudet, quod ipse docet vivis.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #12 on: February 2, 2009, 07:22:09 PM »
I know I'm not of Ulthwe, but, I do tend to use a large number of guardians in many lists. Ulthwe was excellent in 4th edition. In 5th I think many still struggle to use the combinations that really smack of Ulthwe together. I am starting a project where an Ulthwe list will be run vs several competitors, but... If I'm not mistaken, the list I'm working with is one submitted by Lazarus.

If your POC would like to enter something different that would be fine. Also, if you would like to work on anything tactical, to illustrate how the Ulthwe craftworld ought to be used in 5th edition, I'd be happy to offer some assistance.

Offline Farseer Amidas

• BAD HOBBIT!!!
« Reply #13 on: February 3, 2009, 03:45:44 AM »
I am running an ulthwe strike force at the moment, not gotten to 100 posts yet though.
Can only use one aspect warrior squad, other than reapers, does anyone know which works best to compliment the strike force?

FA

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
« Reply #14 on: February 3, 2009, 08:25:21 PM »
Ulthwe has plenty of shooting and plenty of mundane close combat units, leaving heavily armored units the hardest to break up in close combat.  Banshees makes the most sense, especially since their fragility doesn't hamper them too much due to the Wraithgates.

Farseer Amidas: If you want the banner to show up, you'll have to use the img tags.  Highlight the URL when editing your profile and click the Insert Image button, (the button furthest to the left, second row of buttons).
« Last Edit: February 4, 2009, 02:48:05 PM by Mr.Peanut »
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao

Offline DarkstormUlthwe

« Reply #15 on: February 4, 2009, 04:18:27 AM »
Right, this is my first serious entry to the PoC. This is a 1500 pts list that I'll be painting up for a Tale of Gamers that my playgroup is running, it is mainly designed to include models that I own but are not painted, or need repainting. It also includes a couple of things that I want to try out, such as mounted Storm Guardians.
The List:
Ulthwé 1500 pts Army.

HQ:
Autarch w/ Power Weapon, Mandiblasters, Fusion Gun. 100 pts.
Eldrad Ulthran 210 pts.

Troops:
Storm Guardian squad Varâza 280 pts.
10 Guardians 80 pts.
2 Fusion Guns 12 pts.
Warlock Varâza w/ Singing Spear, Embolden 33 pts.
Wave Serpent w/ TL-Brightlances, Spirit Stones, Cannon upgrade: 155 pts.

Storm Guardian squad Frâchya 267 pts.
10 Guardians 80 pts.
2 Flamers 12 pts.
Warlock Frâchya w/ Destructor 35 pts.
Wave Serpent w/ TL-Eldar Missile Launchers, Spirit Stones, Cannon upgrade: 140 pts.

Guardian Defender squad Aêtava 125 pts.
10 Guardians 80 pts.
Scatter Laser platform 15 pts.
Warlock Aêtava w/ Embolden 30 pts.

Elites:
Striking Scorpion squad Hvareza 212 pts.
9 Scorpions 144
Exarch w/ Claw, Stalker, Shadow Strike 68 pts.

Heavy Support:
War Walker squadron 140 pts.
2 Walkers w/ Scatter Laser, Starcannon

Falcon 165 pts.
w/ Shuriken Cannon, Holo-fields, Spirit Stones.

Total points: 1499
Scoring Units: 3
KP: 8

The Autarch will ride with the fusion gun Stormies. Eldrad I'm not sure about, I'm considering keeping him with the Defenders on the home objective, or let him ride with the other Storm squad. I plan to Outflank with Scorpions and Walkers, and support them with the mounted Storm Guardians. The one thing I feel a bit worried about is that my Defenders will be too exposed. Though the Falcon can support them easily.

Fluffwise I think the list makes sense, the core of the army is Guardians and Guardian-piloted vehicles. Depending on how the well the Tale works in getting us to paint stuff, it might be extended to 2000 pts and two months more of painting. Should that be the case my plan is to add another, identical squad of Guardian Defenders, and a 5 man Warlock unit with Enhance, Embolden and 3xDestructor. Those Defenders would set up in concert with the other Defender Squad, and the Warlocks would join Eldrad and deploy in the Falcon. Those two squads come out at 300pts, leaving me with 200 pts to play with. I'm considering a second squad of Scorpions to infiltrate alongside the first one. These additions would make sense too fluffwise, the core is still Guardians and Guardian-piloted vehicles, plus seers, with Aspect squads selected to provide what the Guardians are lacking. My other consideration is adding Banshees instead of the second Scorpion squad (I own both squads, they're in need of repainting), but I'm not that thrilled about footslogging Banshees. Especially with the rest of the list looking like it does, they'd get caught out in the middle of nowhere while all the other CC-elements would get into combat much quicker.

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

2nd place - 40kO painting competition expert category April 2005
1st Place - 40kO converting competition beginner category June 2005

Offline Seer13

• Never forget, never forgive.
« Reply #16 on: February 4, 2009, 02:44:40 PM »
I love Ulthwe, since I have been playing 40k, I used Ulthwe.
I hane only one wish, somebody can make compilation tactics for Seer Council in new edition (mostly interestet in foot non uber council with no Yriel, Eldrad and transport)

• Ancient
« Reply #17 on: February 4, 2009, 02:53:16 PM »
Uses vary slightly, but the main issue is how to equip the Council.  Since Councils have none of the manipulation capability that the Craftworld Eldar/Apocalypse version does due to not having Augment, their main role is an anvil unit and tankhammer. 
The Farseer is practically required to have Fortune.  Avoid Runes of Witnessing because they increase the chances of a Perils attack, and have at least two Warlocks with Embolden (FAQ confirms that they can aid the Farseer's casting, and a Council that is over-run after losing combat is a heart broken).  You'll want at least one Enhance, possibly two.  Conceal is a waste unless facing Daemonhunters, and Destructor often can be because you'll want to Fleet most turns.  The twin Warlocks can be differentiated by adding one Singing Spear among each pair, meaning each Embolden/Enhance Warlock is a potential black hole for wounds.  Leave the rest barebones.

Move them aggressively toward the enemy or counter-charge as needed.

Seer13: If you want the banner to show up, you'll have to use the img tags.  Highlight the URL when editing your profile and click the Insert Image button, (the button furthest to the left, second row of buttons).
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao

Offline DarkstormUlthwe

« Reply #18 on: February 4, 2009, 04:47:56 PM »
I've been enjoying playing a mini-Council of 5 Warlocks and a Farseer, Warlocks configured as above in my list-expansion discussion (Enhance, Embolden, 3xDestructor) in a Falcon. I know you weren't that much into transports, but a drive-by with 3 heavy flamers on a doomed unit hurts most things. They are also pretty decent at hunting MCs, forcing saves.

2nd place - 40kO painting competition expert category April 2005
1st Place - 40kO converting competition beginner category June 2005

Offline Farseer Amidas

• BAD HOBBIT!!!
« Reply #19 on: February 5, 2009, 03:22:59 AM »
My farseer is enjoying hanging out with some storm guardians and the avatar. Last game he killed a Chaos lord first turn with mind war. I like to think the lords face resembled that of my opponents haha

FA

Had a great game yesterday. My Ulthwe took on those cursed necrons. It was a close run thing but just about managed to get a victory. Star unit, my dark reapers. These guys were killing nearly everything they shot at, and were hunkered down behind my guardians making them hard to get at.

Mind war on a necron?? Had a bit of a debate about that one. Answers on a post card please haha.

FA
« Last Edit: February 6, 2009, 09:36:45 AM by Farseer Amidas »