News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: New to harli can you help me tone up my list (if needed)  (Read 837 times)

Offline bloodsage

• I'm a llama!
New to harli can you help me tone up my list (if needed)
« on: October 10, 2003, 12:53:40 AM »
Great Harliquin
Fusion Pistol, Harliquin's Kiss, Rictus Mask, Jet Bike, Plasma Grenades, Powerblades

Shadowseer
Harliquin's Kiss, Shuriken Pistol, Powerblades, Jetbike, Hallucinogen Grenades, Bio-explosive Ammo

Death Jester x3
Bright Lances

Death Jester x3

Solitaire
Harlequin's Kiss, Shuriken Pistol, Plasma Grenades, Phase Field, Powerblades, Domino Field, Rictus Mask

Harlequin Troupe x6
Power Weapon x2 Plasma Grenades

Harlequin Troupe x6
Power Weapon x2, Plasma Grenades

Harlequin Troupe x 6
Power Weapon x2, Plasma Grenades

Harlequin Jetbike Squad x7
Power Weapon x2

Venom x3
Holo-field

My basic idea is for the GH and the SS to join up with the jetbike squad, the fusion pistol is for if I get close to a tank on the way and the bio-explosive ammo is just because I had a few spare points.
The DJ without the BL will each go with one of the troupe who will in turn be on the Venom's.

I've never really had luck with jetbikes before in my eldar army lists but I thought I would give them another shot.  If i still can't get tehm to work I'll probably rework the list without jetbikes and add a WL and a larger troupe on foot for the GH and SS.  Although I'm not sure on some rules (haven't read the rulebook in awhile) is there a rule about having more then 1 independent in a unit.

Well any help would be appricated.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re:New to harli can you help me tone up my list (if needed)
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2003, 05:48:42 AM »
I think the list looks good.
A few comments though.
   Venoms - Fusionguns. You will get close enough to use them on enemy tanks, and you will need to use them.
   The fusion-pistol on the GH will waste all the shooting of the squad he joins, as they have to shoot at the same target. Better give him bio-ammo and sort crowd control along with the TL catapults and SS bio-ammo, or get another fusionpistol for the SS, and two fusiongun-upgrades for the jetbikes. Then you can really hunt tanks.
   The jetbike-squad with its characters is a huge point-sink, and if you fail a SS-power and get hit by ordnance, they might all die horribly. That is a lot of eggs in one basket. Perhaps split the bikes in two groups, with a character in each, and pincer the enemy with them while the venoms move up the centre?

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline bloodsage

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2003, 10:42:18 AM »
Thanks for the insight.  The fusion pistol for the GH was just an afterthought.  After I built the list I had a few spare points left with nothing to spend it on so I just thought to hell with it and spent it on a fusion pistol.

I would like to put fusion gun's on the venoms but I don't have the points to spare.  where could I trim some fat in order to get the points?

I'm still a little apprehensive about that jet bike unit.  I agree that is a huge point sink, just like they are in an eldar army but I thought I would try it out and see how it goes before I go back to saying jet bikes are overpriced pieces of @^&$ (not a big jet bike fan).

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2003, 04:00:12 PM »
Dump the two rictus masks, and the p-field on the Solitaire. he can ride with the Harlequins on the Venom. That will scare up enough points for you to maneuver a bit.

Offline bloodsage

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2003, 06:58:34 PM »
Would the soltaire be able to rid eon teh venom with the harli's?  I thought that he wouldn't be able to since he can't join up with any other units.

Offline Flash_hound

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2003, 08:52:23 PM »
Yes he would be able to join a basic squad in a Venom which would be fun for killing big low toughness units....  ;D

Offline Rhòanin

• The True Outcast
  • Ancient
  • To each, Their own.
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2003, 10:07:03 PM »
I believe he already planned to have the DJs each join a troupe to ride in the venom - which would leave no space for the Solitaire.

One idea: d-fields for SH, GH or both?  im not sure where you'd consider taking the points from ... maybe both rictus masks ... ?
He who follows his own will is a King among men.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2003, 04:36:37 AM »
If you drop the Troupes to 4+Leader you can Join the DJ and make it 6, then have the Solitaire ride on the 6+1 seat on the venom.

Offline Flash_hound

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2003, 02:09:21 PM »
I woldn't take the DJ in a transport I would keep them back... just a suggestion....  ;D

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2003, 02:34:44 PM »
Yes, DeathJesters are normally best kept as rearguards - they have the range to do so, but you can use them offensively as well. If you move the venom 11" you can even fire their weapons.