News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Yoda's Mini-Wars!  (Read 5220 times)

Offline Salami

• I'm a just unworthy of a custom title.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Remember Greenstuff.
Re: Yoda's Mini-Wars!
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2006, 05:03:52 PM »
Wait, you twirl around me, even though I can still see you? Remember that I jumped backwards. A lot. I assume the cloud isn't THAT big....

Rrajigar attempted to catch the scimitars in his claws. If he could manage that, a simple flick of the wrists would send them flying, leaving Shade disarmed and ready for evisceration.
May 2027: 40K 8th edition is released. The rules are now so simple that they embody the perfect emptiness of zen, accidentally causing thousands of players to become one with the universe.

June 2027: Someone complains on a message board that the 8th edition 40K rules, while the path to true enlightenment, do not feature realistic armour saves.

(Rictiovarus is the Tavern antichrist).

Offline Shade, Bankai King

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2006, 05:16:25 PM »
ooc- it was launched ot your feet and is ment to covre enough ground for 2 people to fight in with comfort room. with your character I assumed at max you jumped back 10 feet. PLus the cloud is pure darkness in wihich very little can see unless you can see heat or can see in the dark in some other way.
[CENTER

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2006, 07:47:55 PM »
"Heavy support online!" Hymirl announces activating his boosters in a howl of jet turbines and launches after Shade, circle strafing the mountaintop drawing his lasercannon he sets down some covering fire to try and drive the rest of pink team into cover*, leaving Rrajigar to face Shade alone unless his comrades wished to run a guantlet of fire to help him.

*Or mildly krispierise them if they don't want to dodge ;D
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline Deamian

• Sybarite
  • Have a Fishystick!
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2006, 08:04:46 PM »
I take a prone position behind some rocks and fire back at Hymirl with the M60 using all 4 arms for more support and better accuracy, aiming for his jet turbine's fuel tank.

Offline d_brierton

• QQ more plz. kkty
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2006, 12:14:13 AM »
 /afk
What the hell do we write down here?

Offline Kritik

• Banned troll: My arrogance couldn't be matched!
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2006, 12:35:33 AM »
I summon 50 of the strongest mafia members to protect me and do my bidding. I take all the ice around me and turn it into alcohol and set the place aflame! (Only on parts where my team and my mafia dudes are not standing on)
I used to think that I knew everything,
but now I'm just banned.

Offline Ashman

• Fear of Bovines. | Cool title here until Devern thinks of something better
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2006, 09:15:35 AM »
Using my Bo Staff, I hurl chipped shards of ice and rock down the mountainside into the advancing green team, assuming that UVR will deal comfortably with Shade.

CM

Offline Jester (Hadn't Changed His Profile Recently)

• I put the ass in assault.
  • Armies: The legions of pantslessness.
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2006, 02:56:04 PM »
I flick on the lighter again, and form a 3 inch thick layer of flame an inch away from my body. I begin to climb the mountain, ignoring the ice shards.
The Tavern is dead. Long live The Tavern.

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2006, 04:44:00 PM »
The mecha, naturally unable to dodge bullets decides to hope they bounce off his front armour and decides not to mention that the jet pack - with it's fuel tank - would be on his back and thus really really hard to hit from the front (barring an outstandingly world class ricochet obviously).
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline Kritik

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2006, 04:45:05 PM »
I summon a lot more Mafia Members. Now they fill the mountain as they attack the Pink Team! (The burning havoc all around continues.
but now I'm just banned.

Offline Deamian

• Sybarite
  • Have a Fishystick!
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2006, 04:53:00 PM »
I fire into the crouds of mafia members with all guns blazing. Now considering the burning havock and larger numbers they are either:

A- Bunched closely togeather, easily mowed down by M60 fire

B- Standing in the fire, either burning or preocupied with not burning.

Now, Kritik, which will it be? Seriousely, creating a burning havock when you have the massive numbers is a bad idea.

Offline Inquisitor Yoda

• Small, Green & Spammish: Now with Extra Alcololz
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Where's the damn festive cheer?
    • Original Writings
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2006, 05:20:22 PM »
I was going to update every few days, but this cannot go on Kritik...

Dizziit tried desperately to levitate 100 meters into the air to reach the top, however Yoda made it that far for a reason... you can't get to the top in one round... The rest of what could have happened there turned out to be an alternate reality in which both Dizziit and Rrajigar's minds were temporarily stuck in whilst their bodies stood motionless. Or in the case of Dizziit started falling from about 50 meters above his starting position.

Killersquid sent numerous wild shots blasting towards the Pink team, most of them almost hit in a most dramatic fashion with a slow motion camera angle, however one of them did find it's way through Greenstuff's cloak.

Hymirl had better luck than Dizziit, but not by much, he soared high into the sky before being hit in the chest by Slick Jack's M60. His flight path foiled he landed shakily about half way towards the peak and just below the lake. Before he fell, though, he managed to lose off a few rounds in the right direction, chipping the rocks just around Slick Jack's head an ripping a few more holes in Greenstuff's cloak, which was getting quite a beating.

Vino was a bit ambitious and summoned a rather large mafia mob. This on it's own seemed like two or three turns summoning for any normal character, so all the freezing cold Mafiosos jumped into the flames that their leader had somehow created and fried. Mmmm, tasty. The last one screamed in pain as he fried to a crisp, but as his vocal chords withered away he managed one last utterance...

"Master... you will neer go hungry again... we have protected you from starvation!"

Then Vino tried summoning more. This almost made his head explode, however by sheer chance a flying sheep came past and distracted him, preventing such n event from happening.

Ashman sent rubble tumbling down the mountainside, this generally bounced off more stuff and carried on missing people, half of which were busy falling. One did give Killersquid an annoying headache, though.

Everyone else sat around and played poker over a nice Dronk crate, the Dronk itself having been drunk some hours ago by Yoda, who buzzed around the battlefield/mountain in his etheral form (as seen in the Return of teh Jedi)..

Notice:

Updates will happen every day or so, if you have posted or not. And please don't try and do too much at a time, there are limits... three basic actions is about standard. Or if you want to summon 50 Mafia goons you're probably going to focus your powers for a turn or so. And blasting 100 metres into the air is pushing it somewhat. Be glad you weren't re-directed into another mountain by the wind...

I hope I covered everything there.

NEXT TURN!!

That's right folks, ectoplasm, the force which keeps the sun orbiting around me. Learn it well.

Offline Salami

• I'm a just unworthy of a custom title.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Remember Greenstuff.
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2006, 05:38:31 PM »
Rrajigar snapped out of the mesmerisation, only to notice the green team advancing. His claws snapped back again, and he pulled out his Ripperjack, and started shooting large amounts of spinning, razorsharp disks at the foe, reflecting off the various rocks, filling the air with the disks, flying from all directions.

It wasn't likely to hit anything if they kept their heads down, and even then there was a chance. A lucky shot could very well lop off limbs.
May 2027: 40K 8th edition is released. The rules are now so simple that they embody the perfect emptiness of zen, accidentally causing thousands of players to become one with the universe.

June 2027: Someone complains on a message board that the 8th edition 40K rules, while the path to true enlightenment, do not feature realistic armour saves.

(Rictiovarus is the Tavern antichrist).

Offline Inquisitor Yoda

• Small, Green & Spammish: Now with Extra Alcololz
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Where's the damn festive cheer?
    • Original Writings
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2006, 05:39:48 PM »
Yoda's handy hint of the round:

Keep your heads down, or you may just end up losing a limb.

That's right folks, ectoplasm, the force which keeps the sun orbiting around me. Learn it well.

Offline Shade, Bankai King

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2006, 06:51:34 PM »
Dizziit now out of his confused state noticed where he was and more importantly where he was going, Down and fast. He reasserted himself and again used his power of levation to stop his fall and he went back onto the mountain. He bent to his knees and crawled up the mountain hoping to get there in time.
[CENTER

Offline Ashman

• Fear of Bovines. | Cool title here until Devern thinks of something better
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2006, 07:03:10 PM »
Seeing that the bombardment of the green team with what was effectively ice cubes and pebbles, Ashman decided it was a pointless exercise. Instead, he decided to stretch up, to be combat ready for when the foes reached the summit. Oh, and all the time keeping his head down just in case UVR was a crap shot.

CM

Offline Guildmage Aech

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2006, 07:21:02 PM »
Hymirl sidesteps behind a larger boulder for cover from the various stuff coming downhill while he changes the powercell in his lasercannon. About the same time Dizziit scrabbles past heading upwards and decides to tag along. Being the member of the green team most likely not to be chopped up by flying razorblades he decides some more covering fire is in order and switching to the grenade launcher for some variety he pelts a salvo of frag grenades towards the summit in the hope of making the person resonsible for the bouncing razor disks to knock it off for a bit.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2006, 07:35:43 PM »
The rock that hit killersquid in the head, gave him a bit of a head ache, though not too much to worry about. He glared up the mountain at Ashman, and raised his big-shoota toward him and fired.

*Click Click Click*

The gun was empty, he emptied his entire clip the last time he fired, and didn't have any more left. So instead he threw the gun at Ashman, and began climbing the mountain, his tentacle appendages gripping rocks and pulling himself quickly up the slope.

Noticing Grenades exploding above him, he continues anyway.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Kritik

« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2006, 09:44:25 PM »
I fire into the crouds of mafia members with all guns blazing. Now considering the burning havock and larger numbers they are either:

A- Bunched closely togeather, easily mowed down by M60 fire

B- Standing in the fire, either burning or preocupied with not burning.

Now, Kritik, which will it be? Seriousely, creating a burning havock when you have the massive numbers is a bad idea.

A - Notice that they all have guns

B - Notice that I said mass fire where they are not.

So as I stated, the fires evade the mafia members as I no longer create Alcohol necessary for combustion around them. So they don't get burned. And they have guns and is shooting at the pink team.
but now I'm just banned.

Offline Seer Fox

• The Cause of Cancer, Chernobyl and Multiple Orgasms
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • No. I'm not keeping the girl.
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2006, 12:55:37 AM »
And all of a sudden, Swiper's leg exploded.

Ciat,
Seer Fox
Well I'm not going to quote anything, so...I'll have to hunt down my old sig again.

How bothersome.