News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Second War of the Red Dragon  (Read 15316 times)

Offline Seer Fox

• The Cause of Cancer, Chernobyl and Multiple Orgasms
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • No. I'm not keeping the girl.
The Second War of the Red Dragon
« on: January 5, 2006, 01:45:20 PM »
Seer Fox strummed on the side of his ghosthelm irritably, waiting for the last call to come in. He'd been sat there for hours now and his patience was drawing thin; his men were not yet in position, and it would not be long before the others mobilised a defence of somesorts.

RING RING!

'Finally!' Seer Fox thought in jubilation, pressing the button down on the com.

"Hello, Psychic Helpline, how may I help you?" He cheerily sang into the headset he was wearing. All he had was this last call then he could finish his shift and go start the war.

"Well...y'see...I have this problem..." A gruff voice on the other end of the line mumbled.

'Don't we all...' Seer Fox thought to himself. He still couldn't forget the injustice of losing to the Defence Force and the Pit Team just because his then-general Flash_hound went on holiday and constituted a ring-out...

"Well, what is it?"

"Last year...I stomped this guy real bad. I mean, REAL bad."

"Uh-huh."

"And I think I'm going to do the same this year too. Except harder." The voice continued, sounding distinctly less troubled.

"...right..."

"Because this guy is SO hopeless at leading his own men that- shh!" The person shouted away from the phone, trying to stop some people from sniggering.

"...hang on a minute..."

"-that I didn't have to do a thing to beat him REAL good and proper; and now that the war is starting over, it'll be even worse for hi-"

"-UZZY YOU BASTARD!! I'LL GET YOU FOR THIS!!!"

Seer Fox smashed his fist into the comm's device as racous laughter burst out from the other side of the channel, breaking the machinery and sending plastic shrapnel all over his office.

'GENERAL NUBIS!!' Seer Fox physically raged into the ether, making the tank commander jump in shock, hitting his head on the top of his commanders compartment some few miles away.

'Yes sir? What can-'

'I don't care if the men are ready yet! Attack! ATTACK!! DESTROY THEM ALL IN THE NAME OF SFLACWWCCEMIRDST!!!'

And with that, Seer Fox threw his headset down and stalked off to the battlefield. There'll be hell to pay for this...

Rules and sign-up thread are here: http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=106332.0

We're still down one guy, Kailban la Rousse, so if someone wants to take his position, feel free to contact me.

Okay guys, GO GO GO!

Ciat,
Seer Fox
Well I'm not going to quote anything, so...I'll have to hunt down my old sig again.

How bothersome.

Offline [dixon]

• I pretend to be other users
  • BANNED
Re: The Second War of the Red Dragon
« Reply #1 on: January 5, 2006, 02:11:29 PM »
'GENERAL NUBIS!!' Seer Fox physically raged into the ether, making the tank commander jump in shock, hitting his head on the top of his commanders compartment some few miles away, and surprising the tank's crew.

"Yes sir? What can-"

'I don't care if the men are ready yet! Attack! ATTACK!! DESTROY THEM ALL IN THE NAME OF SFLACWWCCEMIRDST!!!'

Bloody psykers thought Nubis as he rubbed the top of his sore head.  They always forget that we do have phones.  And that phones don't make me bash my head against hatches.

Nubis snatched the vox-link to the rest of the SFLACWWCCEMIRDST, tapped the reciever twice for good measure, and issued a statement to his fellow men.

"We have been ordered to move out, and smush the RD Defence Force into teeny-tiny pieces.  As such, you may engage said targets at will."

Scattered response came back through, aknowledging the orders.  "And don't kill the Pit Team without good reason...  I'll let you use your judgement on what a 'good reason' really is."  Nubis set the vox-link back down, noting that the hatches were indeed closed.

"Mr. Novet, please engage the machine spirit of the engine and await further orders"

OOC:  Actual game actions to come later.
I pretended to be other members, and finally got BANNED

Offline Wurzelmaniac

• MINF: Back on the Market
  • Ancient
  • Masculine In Sex
« Reply #2 on: January 5, 2006, 02:31:46 PM »
"I love the smell of battle in the morning. Smells like... free booze."

Well? After the last war I deserve to be able to kick back in the Red Dragon. Mind you I'll probably be left to single-handedly capture the whole place again.
I certainly don't want to be left doing all thast again, especially if our so-called allies are as incompetent as last time.

Quote from: Razyus
Quote from: Salami Tadico
I could do rules, but I really just want to spam Goatse and the like somewhere without restraint or fear of reprisal.
We get it. You've got issues.

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #3 on: January 5, 2006, 02:33:21 PM »
It had just occured to Mak that he may not have chosen his sleeping place carefully enough, afterall, he HAD said he was cold, but sleeping on the grille probably wasn't a good idea, especially since they use it quite regularily.

"Gyah!" he bounded off of the grille and looked around to see who had turned it on, since no one seemed suspicious he decided that he'd have to find out latter.

After checking his wings and the rest of his body for any serious damage he decided it would probably be best to report to his position. Not that he was happy about it at all, not at all.

"StupidFoxandhisstup idrulesofputtingmea wayfromallmyteammat esandrightnexttoone ofthepeopleIwantedt okillinthiswar" he grumbled as he sped to the entrace, large magic hammer in tow.

"Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work we go, with speed and magic and a very large hammer, hi ho, hi ho hi ho hi ho!"

~MTWC

« Last Edit: January 5, 2006, 02:38:54 PM by [U.D.] ~ White Team »
Quote from: IainC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline Inquisitor Yoda

• Small, Green & Spammish: Now with Extra Alcololz
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Where's the damn festive cheer?
    • Original Writings
« Reply #4 on: January 5, 2006, 02:50:36 PM »
"Hmmm, I see this place hasn't improved in the last year." Xiou muttered to himself, gazing round the room. The bar had Jinx, Tango, Samdan and Omnicron lazing aound on it. Probably not a good idea to go that way...

How's the good ol' stage I wonder, has Fox buggered off with his bloody harmonica? A quick glance told him that it was mercifully free of all things Seer-like. TheOnlySpiral stood there staring into space.

Something stirred to his left and Xiou whipped around to see... "Oh god." He groaned. "You!" The pixie floated towards the entrance, singing a merry little song.

Xiou tapped Hymirl on the shoulder, if the big mecha thing has much of one. "This one's mine." He said, gesturing at the pixie. "You go have fun with the cowboys at the bar or something." ;)

Xiou made towards the entrance, keeping a fair distance from the bar, and drawing his pistol.

"It's revenge time, pixie." He chuckled, maybe this would be fun after all.
« Last Edit: January 5, 2006, 02:56:38 PM by Xiou »

That's right folks, ectoplasm, the force which keeps the sun orbiting around me. Learn it well.

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
« Reply #5 on: January 5, 2006, 07:46:57 PM »
Dispite relaxing with his armour plated feet up Hymirl was remaining alert on the comm-link, although the sound of a commander's head hitting a hatch wasn't the normal opening for inspiring speeches it certianly made an inventive change.

Xiou tapped his armoured shoulderpad by way of attention, declaring his preference of targets before adding "You go have fun with the cowboys at the bar or something."
"Fun with Cowboys? And the Defense force general? Doesn't that make me the lucky one... but a dangerous job needs a dangerous guy to deal with it."

He stands still facing away from then in traditional cinimatic pose, all casual like loosening his holstered autopistol. Turning in a hum of precision servomoters he pauses; gauntleted fingers ready, inches away from his pistol.
 If its an old fashioned cowboy shootout these punks are looking for; its going to be a neo-cyberpunk semi-animae style firefight they're going to get.

(OOC: I have shoulderpads, look at my avatar! Giant armoured shoulderpads. Maybe its just me but its nice to have a layer of reinforced steel composites between you and the world.)
« Last Edit: January 5, 2006, 07:54:12 PM by Hymirl »
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline Unreal Tiger

• Blarg.
« Reply #6 on: January 5, 2006, 09:02:54 PM »
Having several hours ago been stalking around the trophy room, full of reminders about the last war for the Red Dragon and the suitably heroic statues of suitably heroic actions which had taken place back then Eruaran had grown bored. In fact he had become very bored, so bored in fact the he decided to go into a corner, make himself a nice comfortable bed out of some handy shadows and take a nap.

Thus he had spent the last several hours, asleep on a bed of shadows dreaming about . . . stuff and . . . whatnot. He probably could have kept this up for several days if it were not for one rather angry Seer not keeping his voice down as he blathered over the ether for something or another. Blathered away so loud that Eruaran fell of his bed onto to cold trophy room floor. There was only one thing to do when something like this happened, only one logical thing in then world to do - he needed a drink and a damn big one at that.

Striding to the doors to the bar he flung them open with a gesture from his hand a dramatically walked into the bar about to hail the barkeep for a nice big strong sail . . . I mean drink. Yes drink is what I meant. No doubt about it. Drink. The he actually took in his surrounding and saw all the people in the bar room. More importantly he saw who was in the bar room.

"Oh amphetamine parrot. So that's who that damn voice belonged too."
Genie, make me a ham sandwich!

Alakazam, you're a ham sandwich.

Offline TheOnlySpiral

• Keeper of the Book of Salvation; Last of the Timelords
  • Ancient
  • Returned from the Immaterium
  • Armies: Deathwing
« Reply #7 on: January 5, 2006, 10:57:14 PM »
Theonlyspiral stood on the stage, surveying the Inn.  The decor left something to be desired.  Definately not his usual haunt.  It was too bright, to open...it had a stage for god'sake.  But it was a good place to fight, a good place to trash.  Not a good place to die though, not for what he was being payed.  He smiled at the fools at the bar...Samdan and the Red Dragon Defense Force. They had no idea they were so close to their dooms.  His cell-phone rang and he answered it.

"We have been ordered to move out, and smush the RD Defence Force into teeny-tiny pieces.  As such, you may engage said targets at will."
 came the voice of General Nubis.

"Aye sir, engagin targets.  I've been waiting far too long for this." TOS took stock.  He had his trusty pistols, of different models and makes, and ammo for them.  His leathers were clean, and his phone was charged.  He watched Hymirl walk up to the bar and take a Cowboy pose.  He sighed...did noone understand a good rivalry anymore? Samdan was his...the buissness in the hidden world was still unresolved.  If TOS died in this war, he had to take the cowboy with him...preferebly before the Mech got to him first.  He had to act fast.

"Hey Cowboy! Me and my robot are going to take you and your Red Dragon friends straight out to the curb with the rest of the garbage!"
Quote from: David Holland
The Point of the Game is to be Playing it.

Quote from: Devern, The Unsung Hero
Actually, it pains me to say this, but Spiral is right.

Offline Kõrãkæ

• The raven god returns.
« Reply #8 on: January 5, 2006, 11:50:36 PM »
Lazily, Omnia phased through the roof into the second floor of the tavern. Suddenly, distracted by a shiny piece of broken glass, he dropped to the floor below.

"Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eee!!!" he exclaimed on the way down. Luckily he landed on his head ( making a large, hollow THUNK as it hit the floor) so nothing important was broken.

He stood up and began to stretch. Hearing noise downstairs he decided it was time for his wake up routine. He proceeded to turn his body into highly elastic rubber and bounce, like a ricochet, around the room until he remembered what he was doing here. He stopped in mid-bounce, his head still firmly plated in a wall, and began to contimplate his first move. You could almost see his mind working, see the little mouse in his brain running in place on its squeaky wheel turning the cogs of Omnia's inner thoughts. Omnia pulled the mouse and wheel out of his head and swallowed them both whole.

"Thats better" he said, his head once again empty. He decided that the first thing he would have to do was cook some grub to help keep that mouse down and fill the rest of the black hole that was his stomach. He got back on his feet, walked over toward the barbecue pits, straight through the floor and, forgetting about gravity, fell head first into the Trophy Room.

" Maybe I should just stick to the bar from now." he said with his face still buried in the wooden floor. "That is once I remember where the bar is."

Offline Vespasian Swiper

• Dear Live Journal...
  • Damn Dora...
    • Club DM
« Reply #9 on: January 6, 2006, 01:37:24 PM »
Swiper was never in the right place. Or at the wrong place at the right time. He cocked up again. He should have know not to trust a small teleporter with 'Touch Me, Feel Me' written on it... Well we all make mistakes.

Swiper had landed rather painfully in a destroyed lab, smashed containers, desks everywhere. On the wall, in childish writing someone had scrawled, 'Seer Fox Roolz.' By the Foxmiester General himself. Sadly he was not participating in this war - so not score could be settled.

Swiper opened the rucksack next to him and pulled out his equipment. As usual - he carried far too much stuff. On his two holsters on inside his jacket, he carried his two revolvers, loaded with a clip each, the other clips lay in the bag - waiting to be used. His powersabres were attached to his belt.

He cringed at what he saw next. A package, "A Gift for Swiper from Telemnar." Swiper smiled, and expected to be devoured by a small Australian marsupial any second. It was his rubber chicken. Generous guy...

Swiper pulled a cigarette from his packet and lit it, sitting down upon a singed lab chair. Outside he heard a tank beginning to move. Something was kicking off. Swiper stood up too quickly, his leather 'Matrix style' coat snagging on the chair.

It ripped. He fell forward onto his rucksack with a thud. "Not again..." he mumbled, at least his bottle of whiskey had survived.

Grabbing his helmet, and putting it on, it was time for war...
Its an even stranger day when you have a fat Games Workshop-Fanboy Ninja declare to end you for something you did for April Fools on Teh Interwebz.

It's a strange day in the world where I find myself agreeing more often than not with Swiper.  :D

Offline The Slann

• Are you sure?
« Reply #10 on: January 6, 2006, 01:47:18 PM »
The Hamster looked at the welder he was holding, and at the bulkhead he was trying to fuse back together. The Space Station was a bit of a lost cause, but in his meditations, he had discovered that it is always good to have a hobby. His was welding together bulkheads. Reaching down into his power dice dispensor, he picked up a few and tossed them around. Things had become so boring ever since they had crushed the Black Dragon... Oh well.

Suddenly, he picked up a psychic signal. He noticed that the signature seemed to belong to Fox, his commander, and though he couldn't make out any words, he knew what the message would be... attack. He flew over to Lorence, and Bob had to jump from on top of the Hamster's chair into a safer position on the lower ledges. He shuddered to a halt next to Lorence and saluted as much as was possible with his enourmous bulk.

'Sir... Waiting for orders'

All of a sudden, he felt a jolt. That Psychic signature, he had felt it before. That Final Fantasy name... that Pixiness... those uber-mod powers!!!! The Hamster sat up, and stared across to the Tavern. Makenshi was here, and he was going to pay for changing the Hamster into what he was...

Offline Samdan

• Cowboy, baby!
  • Ancient
  • Head... hurts... OH GOD! THE IDIOCY!
« Reply #11 on: January 6, 2006, 01:49:31 PM »
ooc: Are we making normal actions as well this turn, or just setting the scene?  if there's actions involved, i'll post those later.  also OOC, Hymirl, if you decide to attack me with TOS, I'll consider it an act of aggression (no duh, eh?) and will be officially anti-SFLACWWCCEMIRDST.  for now, i'm just anti-TOS.

Did I know what was gonna happen that day?  Yeah.  Did I care?  Not especially.  I've never been in a fight the other guy didn't come out just as bad as me.  As it just so happened, the best place for a good drink in the area was the Red Dragon, and I don't settle for mediocre drinks.  So what if Fox wanted to destroy the tavern?  All the more reason to get a drink there while it definitely still existed.  Hell, maybe I'd drop by the pit and grab some ribs, see the old buddies.

Hymirl was dancing on the stage, doing what I assumed was an impression of me.  A pistol pointed nonchalantly in his direction said not to take it too far.  You'd think that a cowboy would get a little more respect on a frontier world, but I guess not.  Just then TheOnlySpiral walked into the bar.  I hated him, but I wasn't gonna start stuff with him unless he started it first.

Of course, it looked like TOS was gonna start something.  I ordered two shots of vodka and prepared for a fun time.
Quote from: Barr'El O'Rum
You'd be a good man Lom, if it weren't for the dead kittens and shrunken heads of the elderly that you keep in the glovebox of your car.

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
« Reply #12 on: January 6, 2006, 04:31:52 PM »
OOC: (for the whole post..)

I'm not posturing, dancing, walking NOR being a robot either (This means you TOS), merely standing up and getting ready at the table I was sitting (which sounds more dull put like that). Incidently I'm more prepraring to quick draw on the Defenders (and their general) than start some with cowboys unless you start something - like a traditional wild west staredown*, you're just next to each other - I'm just shamelessly ripping off your cowboy style.
No promises that I won't help TOS if the need arises.

*A mirrored visor would help me no end at that. Or completely make it fail..

(OOC mode ends)
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline Salami

• I'm a just unworthy of a custom title.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Remember Greenstuff.
« Reply #13 on: January 6, 2006, 04:46:25 PM »
Rictiovarus woke up, and looked around. He looked like a mess, with bloodshot eyes, dirty hair, and an bodily odour that would be offensive even to Nurgle. His mind wasn't working properly, and he tried to recall where in the Emperor's name he was.

He noticed the world spinning slowly around him, and looked down to see several empty bottles of some kind of liquor, he couldn't recall which kind.

"Ah, I must still be drunk, then."

He looked beside him to find a giant tortoise, and a god, which were, surprisingly, not spinning.

"VERY drunk."

He grasped inside his jacket, rummaging around for a while, before withdrawing a piece of paper. It stated, in smudged pencil, where the teams' position would be. He looked for a long while before finding his name, next to "revolving dancefloor", and "Godofsmallthingys". It also stated that he was to be on guard for any of Fox's shenanigans. Or those of the pit team.

"Ah yes, that was it. The war will start soon, I should probably get ready. What about you, Godofsmallthingys, shall we teach these impudent fools not to mess with us? Let us embark to war, dear friend who I've never met before, to glorious victory, or ignominious defeat! Let the clash and thunder of real combat make true men out of us all! And when the dust has settled, let me steal another of Swiper's limbs...."
May 2027: 40K 8th edition is released. The rules are now so simple that they embody the perfect emptiness of zen, accidentally causing thousands of players to become one with the universe.

June 2027: Someone complains on a message board that the 8th edition 40K rules, while the path to true enlightenment, do not feature realistic armour saves.

(Rictiovarus is the Tavern antichrist).

Offline Full Metal Geneticist

• Sir Quotesaplenty | No new bastardy suits.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Defender of the Text Wall
    • FMG's Angry Rantings
« Reply #14 on: January 6, 2006, 05:31:54 PM »
OOC: Sorry was'nt about earlier i had to sit an exam... It was a badass exam... 9 hours of crazy medical related stuff..

Five years ago...
"Hah! You a God? You must be joking... Look at you... You are tiny! What sort of self respecting God would be that small... Sure you have the the charm but you lack the ability to strike fear and terror... How can you do a decent days smiting if everyone looks down on you... You won't last a week here at training... A God of Small Things? And bloody tortoises? Real gods have horses of flame and chariots drawn by horses with too many legs... Tortoises... You are wasting our time and giving us a bad name... I have never seen such a useless waste of a Godhood... Now drop and give me sentient life..." = Drill Sargeant Dave... ( Presumed Dead... Cause of Death... Tortoise)

Earlier today

"The words of Dave still ringing in his ears... God Of Small Thingys (GOST) sat quietly contemplative in his office. The Godding work was generally poor. People never prayed for his help. And his name was too long to use in a normal conversation... Not that detriment when smiting... The mercenary business was good but it would be better if they payed him in something concrete like Dollars, Swiss Francs... Chocolate money and useless equipment? Magic Revolvers? So far all they do is chatter incessantly about Hollyoaks... But not so with The Magic Stick, his strong and trusty weap..."
"Will you stop bloody talking... You are about as useful as them. All you do is cause women to gyrate and summon cheerleaders and other attractive women from common fantasies... Useful if i was a drunken fratboy in some zany american comedy with enough contrived humour to make a Everybody Loves Raymond episode. Not so useful if i need to hurt people in a fight... Atleast those bloody guns can shoot... even if they do scream bang when they fire... What sort of muppet supervillain drops this after they die... And lets not go into what happened with poor Ms. Evans, she was eighty! Gyrating at her age! " "Her Husband wanted it! And what you talking about boy. I am useful!!! I make your charisma go through the roof... I roxxorz all the soxxorz and even sometimes the boxxorz and..." "Quiet you... Since i am a God there are some Commadments. No. 1 You do not roxxorz the soxxorz and you most definitely do not roxxor any boxxorz... Ever... And two this ain't D&D boyo, Charisma boosting is inherently geeky and a strange innuendo of being popular which does'nt happen when you are a D&D player. There are other Commandments which shall arise as we go along as no doubts there is no end to the depths of your stupidity... On the plus side though, you are impressively shiny. And that mother superior can really get down with her funky self when she puts her mind to it..." The phone rings... Over the yells of "Phone!" "Its for you!" and Dom Jolly impressions from the revolvers the God answers it...

A new job... Something about a Red Dragon Inn needing some protection... Sounds  easy... A new chance to try out that new equipment... Plus Ozymandius can get over that bloody Seer... Blasted eldar... Cheek of him to hold fake auditions... Maybe threatening a few unruly patrons at a bar will make him happy. A love sick battle tortoise... Its unnatural pining away not eating those puppies. Anyways what could go wrong... GOST thought about this while playing with a piece of paper. Perhaps a few reams of paper would be needed. His hands toyed idly with the paper, folding and twisting with the speed only the divine possess and a languid flick of the hand makes a noise like a bullwhip. Better to be safe than sorry All noise in the room ceased as the table slowly fell apart in two...

10 minutes ago

"Ooh a revolving dancefloor! Come on God lets see you bust a move..." "NO i can't bust a groove! I suck at it!" "Thats what you think... Come on give it a shot"...

Now
"That was worrying..." "Aha, i told you so no one but the Magic Stick can change the incredible pointy dance into what you just did. And plus this new suit really makes you look good" "I might start dancing a bit more... And maybe use that gyrating women function of yours a bit more often too... But its work time now atleast its a quiet night. Nothing but quiet patrons, wonder why does a tavern require a mercenary with a battle tortoise?"

A sudden drunken surge from the man who was lying in the position the Kama Sutra refers to as the "Position of sleeping prior to the day of worship of the porcelain throne... "Hail Rictovarus, he who is smashed of his face. He who his capable of Unspeakable Violence. He whose odour can strip paint... Whats shaking? War? Oh right that would explain why the battle tortoise was needed... Oh right! Yes!! Unspeakably Violence and Limbtastic Victory for all!!!"

It is pernicious nonsense that feeds into a rising wave of irrationality which threatens to overwhelm the hard-won gains of the Enlightenment and the scientific method. We risk as a society slipping back into a state of magical thinking when made-up science passes for rational discourse. I would compare it to witchcraft but honestly that's insulting to witches.

Offline Sox'li

• Laughing in the face of Danger
« Reply #15 on: January 7, 2006, 12:58:47 AM »
Sotextli sat at a table in the BBQ-Pit, cleaning his rifle and thinking deeply. His accoustic guitar was back in its case, forgotten for now. Now was not a time for festivity. After his rifle was done, he attached his guitar strap to the specially-placed nubs on the rifle, making a perfect make-shift gun strap. "Heh, guitar strap, gun strap, not much difference anymore". He looked around the Pit that he now called home.
He wasn't too sure who he was supposed to shoot and who he wasn't. Sotextli wasn't dumb, but he had never really participated in this war and was confused as to who his allies were and weren't. Were they going to team up and help the defense force? He thought not. Sotextli suspected something underhanded, like while the Attack Force was infiltrating, they'd decide to switch targets and go for the Pit or something. All he knew was that the cowboy at the bar and his sidekick shouldn't be shot at, or there'd be hell to pay. There are too many cowboys here for my liking. Sotextli thought with a sigh. With that, he went over his belongings. The spiked chain that he had picked up on his travels (he didn't remember exactly where) was strapped snuggly (and un-pokingly) to his belt, along with his guns and some spare ammo for his rifle.
As he stood to his full 6'2'' his leather trenchcoat creaked. His knees popped and his joints ached. Just playing, he isn't a copy of Roland. Not at all. Really.

Suddenly an image entered his mind. A green field, wide as the eye can see, with soft grass. In front of Sotextli is a purple cow. Great. I knew that Acid would catch up to me some day. I shouldn't have let Billy Bob hook me on that stuff.

Suddenly the cow spoke. "Dude, this isn't that kind of vision. I came here to warn you man! Don't shoot the dude, dude!"

Dude?

"Dude!"

Dude?

"Dude!"

Dude?

"Dude!"

...Sorry, wrong number

With that, the vision faded. Sotextli took a long draught of his cherry coke and walked over to the counter. "Mine as well get a steak before this whole thing blows up."
I am a monument to all your sins.

"Discovery is always a rape of the natural world. Always."
-Jurassic Park

Offline Jinx ShadowSong

• The Unreal
« Reply #16 on: January 7, 2006, 08:07:46 AM »
Jinx yawned as he saw Hymirl looking their way. He was once again tucked into a wall quite snuggly. He needed the rest, after convincing Neko-chan (his companion) to stay in another galaxy. He needed to use ropes mind you.

Around him was his allies...For now anyway. He trusts Samdan enough, but later on, he might change his minds. Either way, he readied his knife just in case, waiting for an attack
Live to see tomorrow. Live to die tomorrow. Everyday - Cole Rift

"We are outnumbered and outgunned. So lets go behind them and slam something up their ass as hard and as quickly as possible" Shas'o Dal'yth Remi

Offline Seer Fox

• The Cause of Cancer, Chernobyl and Multiple Orgasms
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • No. I'm not keeping the girl.
« Reply #17 on: January 8, 2006, 02:07:48 PM »
Seer Fox leapt down from the dizzy hieghts of mod-heaven and gracefully landed inside the Spaceship Graveyard, smashing though several bulkheads as he did so.

'Well,' He thought to himself, looking up at the gaping hole, 'I always did think we could use a skylight in here.'

Carrying on through the corridor he had arrived in, Seer Fox made his way to the hangar, in which he found both Lorence...Nubis...w hatever, and The Hamster having a little talk.

"Come on guys; I think we've postured and scene-set enough, it's time to get out there and take what is rightfully ours, dammit!"

Nubis just nodded (or Seer Fox presumed he did, seeing as he was inside the tank and all) and began to drive off. The Hamster was muttering about some sort of grey knight that he needed to stomp; he thought it best not to ask questions and let him pass.

Himself going on his way so he could go play himself some 'mad' harmonica tunes, Seer Fox paused in his venture and looked towards the other side of the hangar at a rather cluttered table. Walking over, he recognised several bits and bobs that The Hamster had been fiddling with over the past year.

'The Dice of Destruction, the Wheel of Woe, the Coin of Catastrophe...' Seer Fox thought as he read the little labeled names, 'With such innocent sounding names; why NOT play with them?'

He also noticed the little black thing he'd seen The Hamster work on while he was doing his interviews; it looked like only a bit of extra work needed doing on it, and so Seer Fox sat down and dutifully started to complete it, using chewing gum to stick bits together (though how this was chewed, none will ever know) and using tinfoil as rudimentary fuses.

Actions:

Fatum went downstairs to the Trophy room.

Others postured alot.

Now let the fighting commence!

Ciat,
Seer Fox
Well I'm not going to quote anything, so...I'll have to hunt down my old sig again.

How bothersome.

Offline Dark Flame

• I messed with the wrong farseers AGAIN, yet somehow became an unactive Mod
  • Ancient
« Reply #18 on: January 8, 2006, 03:39:14 PM »
[ooc]Well, now that my tavern ban has ended (I need to murder Kensh, though not in the game) I can actually make my intro post[/ooc]

Dark Flame looked around his humble pit.  The stench of meat, boiled, flamed, burnt, cooked, broiled, and even raw filled the air.  He inhaled the scent deeply.  "Glorious."  He thought.  The war was once again begining, and there was little that could stop the Pit's war machine.

He glanced at his comrades in the Pit, Uzzy and Cailet.  Both experienced, both honourable, both skilled with their tasks.  They would make excellent companions in the days to come, when the Pit's expansion would begin anew.  But first, he had to gather his forces.  Picking up his cell phone, he placed a call to Makenshi.

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #19 on: January 9, 2006, 01:00:43 PM »
"Well, time to kick arse"

And with that Mak decided to speed off as fast as he could to the labs, creating a few illuionary versions of himself and making sure to fly as unpredictably as he could, just in case.

"Time to settle the bet Xiou!"

~MTWC
« Last Edit: January 9, 2006, 01:33:50 PM by Mak - White Team »
Quote from: IainC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.