News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2000 points Aspect heavy iyanden for game against IG  (Read 611 times)

Offline Rx8Speed

2000 points Aspect heavy iyanden for game against IG
« on: March 26, 2015, 11:45:02 AM »
This isn't for a tournament so no need to be worried about getting the most out of every last point. I just want ot hear what you guys think about the idea and maybe if you have some good ideas for tweaks. And btw I will be playing maelstrom missions.

160 Farseer: Eldar Jetbike, Spear of teuthlas(18" singing spear w/ rending), The wraithforge stone
175 Farseer: Eldar Jetbike, Mantle of the laughing god, spirit stone of anth'lan, singing spear

61 3 windriders: shuriken cannon
203 9 striking scorpions incl. Exarch: crushing blow, scorpion's claw
275 10 Dire avengers in wave serpent: scatter lasers, shuriken cannon, holofields
275 10 Dire avengers in wave serpent: scatter lasers, shuriken cannon, holofields
152 8 warp spiders
152 8 warp spiders

140 2 warwalkers: 2x (scatter laser + starcannon)
240 Wraithknight: heavy wraithcannons
165 Wraithlord: 2x brightlance, 2x flamers, ghost glaive

The units that I added to this list that I wouldn't normally bring are the scorpions, dire avengers and the wraithlord. I'm a bit hesitant about these units but I think they can all work well for maelstrom missions. I originally had a crimson hunter instead of a wraithlord but I want those bright lances on the table from turn 1. And also he seems to draw a lot of fire when I make him my warlord :D. My hope is that the aspect all make it into fighting range of the enemy and that the wraith construct absorb the first turn or 2 of shooting

Offline haunt

• Aspect Warrior | I Won the Eldar Army List Competition, and All I Got Was This Title!
  • Play and have fun.
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angel, Tyranids, Necrons and Tau
Re: 2000 points Aspect heavy iyanden for game against IG
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 10:31:04 AM »
I like the list its a highly mobile list, but IMHO I'd get rid of the warwalkers and the wraithlord to grab another wraithknight with suncannon and shield make him the warlord then that should be fun. Also give them scatterlasers that way you have twin link.
This is where Death rejoices, as he teaches the living.

Hoc est ubi mors gaudet, quod ipse docet vivis.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Offline Rx8Speed

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 02:35:56 PM »
That's good advice! If I owned a second wraithknight I totally would do that! If only they were cheap I'd go buy two right now lol.

What do you think about this alternative list?

160 Farseer: jetbike, mantle, singing spear
215 Avatar: fast shot, crushing blow

203 9 striking scorpions: exarch, crushing blow
355 5 wraithguard in waveserpent: d-scythes, TL Scatters, Shuriken cannon, holofields
250 10 guardians in waveserpent: shuriken cannon platform, TL Scatters, Shuriken cannon, holofields
061 3 jetbikes: shuriken cannon
133 7 warp spiders
133 7 warp spiders
090 Vaul's Wrath Support Battery: 3x shadow weaver
240 Wraithknight
160 wraithlord: 2x bright lance

2000 total

3 MCs and a big unit of striking scorpions in his face. I'm hoping he just won't know what to shoot at

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 04:57:25 PM »
I like both lists but not sure about the Avatar in the second, too many points and he will have to foot it across the battle field. Another wraithlord would be better in my eyes and add a couple or spiders back in. If you can find the points put a scat laser on knight just for those special occasions, MWAHAHAH!
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword