News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2k Harlies with DE CAD  (Read 2382 times)

Offline Sarenyon

2k Harlies with DE CAD
« on: May 6, 2015, 10:28:27 PM »
Formation: Cregorach's Revenge (1515 points)

Day Troupe: Troop Master (Warlord) w. Kiss, Starmist Raiment, 8x Players 5x Kisses  -210
     - Shadowseer, ML2, Mask of Secrets  -100

Twilight Troupe: Troop Master w. Kiss, 5x Players, 4x Nuero Disruptors, 4x Kisses  -175
      - 2x Death Jesters  -120
      - Shadowseer, ML2, Laughing God's Eye  -95

Night Troupe: Troupe Master w. Kiss, 9x Players, 6x Kisses  -205
      - Death Jester   -60
      - Shadowseer, ML2  -85

Solitaire  -145

Skyweaver x2, 2x Zephyrglaives, 2x Haywire Cannons  -130
Skyweaver x2, 2x Haywire Cannons  -110

Voidweaver w. Prismatic Cannon  -80

CAD Dark Eldar: (485 points)

HQ:  Succubus, Armor of Misery, Archite Glaive   -110

Troops: Kabalite Warriors x5  -40
Trans:  Venom, 2x Splinter Cannons  -65

Troops: Kabalite Warriors x5  -40

FA: Scourges x5, 4x Haywire blasters  -120
FA: Raider - standard  -55
FA: Raider - standard  -55

The idea is to put both the Day and Twilight troupes on the Raiders.  The succubus will be running with the twilight troupe, who will be shooting instead of running, as she does not benefit from the rising crescendo rule, and because there are a whole lot of good weapons in that group. They will mostly monster hunt or elite hunt.  The day troupe will begin to run as soon as they get out of their boat so the warlord can take advantage of the  Raiment.  I don't like having a backfield holder of 5x kabalites by themselves. I will probably bring them in reserve to save them from fire as long as possible.  I wish I had another venom, but don't have that model yet.

I just realized another option for the DE CAD.  You do not have to take an Archon or a Succubus as the HQ in the new Codex. You can take a court of the Archon, and you can take just one model... So I could take a Lhamaean for 10 points.  This does reduce the combat power of having that Succubus with the Archite Glaive and the Armor of Misery for even more leadership shenanigans... but I could change around the list a bit.

So I was thinking with the above list changing with the following:

HQ: Change Succubus to Court of Archon: 1 Lhamaean

Troops: Adding a Venom (with extra cannon) to the Kabalite warriors who do not have one

Fast Attack: Get rid on one of the Raiders

To the Harlequin Formation:

Add: Star Weaver as a dedicated transport for the Night Troupe (not that they will be using it)

Add: one more Harlequin player to the Day Troupe

So the Day Troupe and Night Troupe will now walk, the Twilight Troupe, with all that shooting power will be in the one remaining Raider with the Lhamean riding along for fun.  And the Death Jester from the Night Troupe will now jump into the Star Weaver on Turn one to put out some serious shuriken fire where needed. 

Which version does everyone like better?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 10:07:12 PM by Sarenyon »

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
Re: 2k Harlies with DE CAD
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 04:31:18 PM »
Both lists look pretty solid to go against most armies. I don't play mixed lists myself but have considered it.

I don't think getting rid of the succubus for a court is good and if you can get her into a combat with the solitaire, together they should wreck most units with the troupe back up.

I haven't got to play with my harlis yet, actually finishing building them right now, but from all the reading and also playing DE, I think you've picked out some good ideas. Please let us know how it works for you.

Adding the venom is also a good idea for the warriors, just get all the use out of cover you can.

Also, just a suggestion, but check out the rose for your warlord, this is an item I can't wait to try out.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword