News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: What are your normal results?  (Read 1627 times)

Offline Greyshades

What are your normal results?
« on: September 6, 2016, 02:51:41 PM »
I am writing up some campaign rules, and using standard, out of the rule book matches and rules, what are your typical 'end' results as far aa victory point scores?

6-4?
10-2?

I know its going to vary based on mission type and army composition to a degree, but, I am just hoping to get a rough idea on the spread you all typically see, and also, any 'outliers' you may have had with a crazy lopsided, (20-2) score or crazy high, (15-14) score.

Thanks guys!

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
Re: What are your normal results?
« Reply #1 on: September 6, 2016, 07:12:18 PM »
I play primarily Dawn of War scenarios, not Maelstrom, so scoring is pretty predictable.

Rarely does anybody claim more than 2 objectives at the end of the game, and all three secondary objectives are often scored.

I'd say the scores range from 0 to 10. Vey common scores are like 4-6, 5-7, stuff like that.

As for Maelstrom, I already noted that we don't play it often. The few times I have, the scores have been in that range, too.

A crazy high scoring game would by anything over 10 or 12.

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #2 on: September 6, 2016, 09:53:38 PM »
My gaming group mostly plays Maelstrom missions, and the victor will usually score around 8 - 10 points unless it is the missions that have upwards of 6 objectives.  Then the score can balloon up to 20 (highest I have seen in a game).  The loser is anywhere from 3 points to losing the game by one.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #3 on: September 7, 2016, 09:14:55 AM »
For Maelstrom, it all depends on what cards are drawn. Typically, I find that the score difference is between 1-5pts.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
« Reply #4 on: September 7, 2016, 06:35:37 PM »
Tough with Maelstrom as it can be very dependent on what cards get drawn, a few games back I managed to rack up 10 points in one turn......
Usually I'd say that I end up with 8-15 points and normally games finish with a 2-5 point difference.
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline Lorizael

• GW Shill: Infinity Circuit: Synergistic Spotter of Numpties
  • Ancient
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 04:54:52 AM »
I only ever play Maelstrom games now. Points differences at the end of the game can differ anywhere from 1-2 points to up 15! :) Really varied.

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Aeldari
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 09:55:23 PM »
I usually play a mix of maelstrom and EW missions, in a way that uses both ways of scoring points and 8-10 points for each player is the normal loadout. Some missions ends 15-15 and others 5-5.
Usually there are about 20 points in total for each player to grab, and usually half or slightly less will be achieved.
Ego in propria persona, non compos mentis.