News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Ancient Harlequin rules (Rasmus this is one for you)  (Read 647 times)

Offline Cegorach

• Still A Spamming Mon-keigh
  • Life is for the weak
    • Save the Harlequins
Ancient Harlequin rules (Rasmus this is one for you)
« on: June 20, 2003, 04:41:39 PM »
I have a question (mainly for you Rasmus)

Did there used to be Banor batons for harlequins?

Because i read that in a codex but im not sure if they were real or not because i think that codex may not have been GW

If there were what did they do?

If this information is unanswerable can you give me a site that would tell me if you cant then just say you cant
"I didn't want to hurt them, I only wanted to kill them."- David Berkowitz   A.K.A. 'Son of Sam'

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re:Ancient Harlequin rules (Rasmus this is one for you)
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2003, 05:19:09 PM »
The thing you are asking for does not appear in the RT list, the 2nd Ed list, any CJ I have ever seen, or any semi-official GW proto/beta-list. So the answer is; officially - No.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Cegorach

• Still A Spamming Mon-keigh
  • Life is for the weak
    • Save the Harlequins
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2003, 05:54:45 PM »
Thank you i think i saw it on Realm of inisfel but i was just wondering if it was real

Thanks again

Banner Baton:

A character with this wargear is allowed to place a baton in any round that he does not move. If Harlequin models are the closest to this banner they may retake one failed morale test. The range of each Baton is 6". Any unit with half or more of its models with in this range gains the benefit of the Baton. Appropriate banner models must be placed on the board. If the Harlequin leave the area, or the enemy is closer to the Banner, then the Harlequins take morale tests as normal. Each character with banner batons may plant as many Banners as there are appropriate banner models.

this is what apeared on realm of inisfel and that was the first harlequin codex i read

Just goes to show you dont take everything you hear as fact
« Last Edit: June 20, 2003, 05:56:58 PM by Cegorach »
"I didn't want to hurt them, I only wanted to kill them."- David Berkowitz   A.K.A. 'Son of Sam'

Offline Big Bad Beeste

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2003, 09:29:48 AM »
That's the first time I've seen rules for the batons - then again, I dropped out with 2nd Edition because it became to powermad and Primary-coloured painting with unrealistic models. Plus the price hike, natch. ;D

Anyhow, the first time I recall a mention of batons was wtih the basic background texzt for the harlequins original release waaay back in White Dwarf 105. Apparently the mimes and certain avatars used them as "calling cards" to unnerve the enemy. (They tended to find them left in their most secure command bunkers etc.)
Strike First, Strike Fast, Strike HARD!

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2003, 09:38:31 AM »
Anyhow, the first time I recall a mention of batons was wtih the basic background texzt for the harlequins original release waaay back in White Dwarf 105. Apparently the mimes and certain avatars used them as "calling cards" to unnerve the enemy. (They tended to find them left in their most secure command bunkers etc.)
Your WD 105 must differ from mine. Mine makes no mention of any baton. Calling cards; yes, but no batons.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.