News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 6th edition test list  (Read 4591 times)

Offline Pershore

• You are in error, no-one is screaming
Re: 6th edition test list
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2012, 02:38:21 AM »
I don't want to belabour the point, but there is current no legal way to cast the divination spell you guys are talking about on an ork boyz mob. They can't cast it and have no battle brothers.  The system you're criticising is not the system that's been implemented.

I see the allies system like multi-coloured lands in Magic: the Gathering - you pay a price (more mandatory force org slots and reduced interoperability of your force) to get more diversity. Also it provides a massive increase in list building options so you can be more creative.

Offline Lazarus

• Infinity Circuit - The Voice of Reason
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Space Wolves & Imperial Guard
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2012, 07:08:28 AM »
I don't want to belabour the point, but there is current no legal way to cast the divination spell you guys are talking about on an ork boyz mob. They can't cast it and have no battle brothers.  The system you're criticising is not the system that's been implemented.

Perhaps a poor choice of example. The added psychic defense to an army that does not have any is valid though. Prescience can still be applied to allied Eldar units. Other powers can still be applied to hostiles such as Misfortune.

I see the allies system like multi-coloured lands in Magic: the Gathering - you pay a price (more mandatory force org slots and reduced interoperability of your force) to get more diversity. Also it provides a massive increase in list building options so you can be more creative.

What price am I really paying when allying with battle brothers like Dark eldar or Tau?
"If someone used the ridiculous cover saves rule on me I'd probably punch him in the face. If he's still standing he would be entitled to punch me in the face, take my army, and my woman if he can. This is known as the Conan rule of play, and is not forbidden in the core rules and encourages serious amounts of sportsmanship." - Carniflex

Offline Halfpast_Yellow

• ##Don't run! We are your friends!##
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2012, 05:32:03 PM »

What price am I really paying when allying with battle brothers like Dark eldar or Tau?

Opportunity cost. If you ally either, you can't ally with any of the others  ;)

Offline Natinator

• Eldrad - my hero!
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2012, 10:32:03 AM »
@Aoitora, what do you mean by the 2x RoWar thing? I think I am as confused as Lazarus on this... do they stack now or something?

Weighing in on this ugly ally debate (thinking its a bad idea to join in as he does so), the idea of allies makes sense on GW's side (more sales, etc) and can make the game much more interesting, and somewhat fluffier (you can use an elite space marine strike force to back up your IG, or have the Eldar and DE team up to fight a common foe - ok, maybe that isnt too fluffy, but the imagery this brings is pretty cool). And it does make things more powerful, but at the same time helps out older codices that a trailing behind.
Who is EPIC? Eldrad, that's who!

Offline Erand

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2012, 11:43:57 AM »
Having just played a whole week of games I think you are really on the right track with this list.

It needs some CC counter attack ability for sure and some shining spears are perfect for that.

I would ask why have a normal guardian squad? I don't think they give you much and those points could be better used elsewhere.

The ageius line is obviously a huge boon to the army and on the defence I think you are very stong but what about the long range fire power opponent? What about the games with 5 or 6 objectives when you have to move and have to take new ground?

Could you post us a new list as you think you would take now?

Cheers :)