News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1000pt Iron Warriors list  (Read 449 times)

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
1000pt Iron Warriors list
« on: March 14, 2005, 09:23:20 PM »
I am going to play with my Iron warriors on wensday and the tables were we play are small.
Any-who here is the list and any comments would be wonderous.
thank you for your time.
-killersquid

1 Warsmith Draken @ 146 Pts
     Mark of Chaos Undivided; CC Weapon (x1)
     Daemonic Aura
     Daemonic Stature
     Kai Gun
     Daemonic Resilience
     Daemonic Mutation

1 Lieutenant Malicus @ 145 Pts
     Mark of Chaos Undivided; Power Weapon (x1); Plasma Pistol (x1)
     Bionics
     Daemonic Aura
     Daemonic Strength
     Servo-Arm
     Melta-Bombs

1 Obliterator Cult (Elites) @ 70 Pts
     Power Fist; Autocannon; Heavy Bolter; Lascannon; Missile Launcher; Flamer;
     TL Meltagun; TL Plasma Gun
     #Daemon Armour
     #Daemonic Aura

6 Chaos Space Marines (Troops) @ 99 Pts
     CC Weapon (x6); Bolter (x4); Heavy Bolter (x1); Plasma Gun (x1)

6 Chaos Space Marines (Troops) @ 104 Pts
     CC Weapon (x6); Bolter (x4); Missile Launcher (x1); Plasma Gun (x1)

6 Chaos Space Marines (Troops) @ 104 Pts
     CC Weapon (x6); Bolter (x4); Missile Launcher (x1); Plasma Gun (x1)

6 Chaos Space Marines (Troops) @ 203 Pts
     Mark of Chaos Undivided; CC Weapon (x6); Bolt Pistol (x4); Flamer (x2)

1 Aspiring Champion
          Mark of Chaos Undivided; Power Fist (x1); Bolt Pistol (x1)

1 Chaos Rhino
          Combi-Bolter
          Smoke Launcher
          Extra Armour

1 Basilisk (Heavy Support) @ 125 Pts
     Earthshaker Cannon; Indirect Fire Capability; Heavy Bolter

Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline MysticArcher

• the RedStar2000 papers
Re: 1000pt Iron Warriors list
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 09:27:06 PM »
I like it, you don't have all four heavys

what I don't like is the lt. for the points you can have 2 more obliterators (almost) and you don't really need 2 hq's in such a small point battle

other than that, maybe add a few more marines to your line squads
Hmm, how about those "other" Christian "values"? You know, complete obedience to the clerical hierarchy, burning witches and heretics, persecuting scientists and other non-believers, launching crusades to grab this or that piece of desirable real estate, slavery, oppression of women and gay people, violence against children...stuff like that.

It's all "in the Bible"...which means they can bring any of it up whenever they think the moment is opportune.

Offline [dixon]

• I pretend to be other users
  • BANNED
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 10:35:38 PM »
An Iron Warriors list with only one heavy support and one obliterator cult?!  Am I seeing things?  Good for you.

I agree with Archer, you have too many points in HQ for 1k.  Drop either the prince or the lieutenant, but I'd prefer to see the prince go.  Unless he's a crazy converted mecha-monster, I don't see the reason why an IW list would have one, fluff-wise. 
With the points saved, I'd bulk up the CSM squads a little, or get another obliterator as well. 
If you keep the lieutenant, drop the melta bombs as you already have the servo arm, and bionics rarely work, so drop them (I kow the model has bionics, oh well.)
I pretended to be other members, and finally got BANNED

Offline Havrik

• May Guilliman's creations fall
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 11:35:08 AM »
take their advice well, and let me do this.  *standing alvation*  set the example for fellow iron warriors!  ^_^
Vostroyans (1500) - 3-0-1
Black Templars (in progress)

High Elf (warband) 4-3-0

Offline Silverthorn

• Ancient
  • Destroying the enemy with a smile!
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005, 12:41:02 PM »
On a small table I think you should drop the basilisk and buy two oblits instead.

An iron warrior shouldn't be ashamed to field 3 oblits. The basilisk might end up useless (with a minimum indirect shooting range of 36") or destroyed if it attempts direct firing.
There's no Right or Wrong
There's only Fun and Boring

--My EldarOnline articles:
Starting an Eldar army: http://www.eldaronline.com/editorials/editorials_startingup.shtml
Seer Council Tactics: http://www.eldaronline.com/tactics/tactics_ulthwe.shtml
Guardians Tactics: http://www.eldaronline.com/tactics/tactics_defenderguardians.shtml

--To view the full picture of my avatar, click this link: http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/m/e/meilleur/eldebaran.gif.html

Offline brogin

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2005, 01:57:46 PM »
I recommend getting bare bones lieutenant and two 5 man CSM squads. Then a vindicator, basalisk and 2 defilers. And to round it out get 4 obliterators, this should run around 1000pts and is a true Iron Warriors list.

Offline MysticArcher

• the RedStar2000 papers
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2005, 02:04:22 PM »
No, I think his current force is good, not maxing out on ordinance will gain you some respect from your opponents

speaking of ordinance, the basalisk is good, but depending on table size you may want something different like a vindicator or a defiler. Mainly because when the basalisk indirect fires it has a minimum range, which on small (like 4 x 4 ) tables means a lot of area not covered by ordinance shots

Hmm, how about those "other" Christian "values"? You know, complete obedience to the clerical hierarchy, burning witches and heretics, persecuting scientists and other non-believers, launching crusades to grab this or that piece of desirable real estate, slavery, oppression of women and gay people, violence against children...stuff like that.

It's all "in the Bible"...which means they can bring any of it up whenever they think the moment is opportune.

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2005, 05:27:09 PM »
I'm goin to drop the baslisk for a vindicator for the same cost about as the baslsik as the tables do not have much (if any) LOS blocking terrain to make useing the bassy worthwille on the smaller tables. But I don't know what to fill in the Demon Princes points with. stuff I could use are 2 dreds (1 with Multi-melta, other with plasma cannon), and about anything else besides bikes. But I don't have any models yet to bolster my squads numbers (multiplys of 3 is fluffy too) all I have are 2 autocanons and 2 lascannons. help in fillng that 146pt void would be help full.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Stolen Soul

• Got An Iron Warrior Army list ...I Wanna See It
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2005, 04:22:33 AM »
way to meny plasma pistols,
dont see the point of the rhino what you goner do take a sqaud in to CC cos thats just pointless

haveing 2 HQs also pointless, lose the first one, and you cant use a kia gun and a CC wepons so he is illigal any way

your second HQ has a power wepon which is only goner be used in CC so why bother giving him a servo arm, bionics is tottal pointless if youve given him Daemonic Aura you cant use both saves

i would lose the rhino squad, lose both your HQs and make 1 new one,

add another oblitorator
a havcoq squad
and a vindicator

Iron Warriors, "Always Out Numbered Never Out Guned"

Offline MysticArcher

• the RedStar2000 papers
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2005, 12:59:29 PM »
haveing 2 HQs also pointless

at 1000 points I agree

you cant use a kia gun and a CC wepons so he is illigal any way

incorrect, re-read the section on how many 1 and 2 handed weapons a model can have, also read the summary on p.64 (right before the color pics) particularly the kai gun section

as for too many plasma guns, you can never have too many. Iron warriors troops are supposed to (at least in this army) be line squads with lots of shooting power. You don't see imp. gurd discarding all their plasma guns as useless

and you need the long range ap 2 shots if you want to fight other 3+ save armies

and I think his lt. is equiped pretty well, I'm not a bionics fan myself, but it fits the fluff and doesn't cost much

As for the rhino squad, I kind of agree, since rhino rushing doesn't work anymore. What I'd do is maybe see if I could scrounge the points for a combi flamer for the asp. champion then jump out of the rhino and let loose 3 flame templates

Offline Ziaxool

• This feeling that hurts inside of me... Sadness...
    • Renka's Place
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2005, 04:15:43 PM »
I can't see why everyone is ranting about Obliterators! I've played Iron Warriors for half a year now and have never used a single one of those ugly abomminations! And if you give the Basilisk Mutated Hull it can take a little punishment, especially if kept hull down so I would not remove it. I would, however, remove the Daemon Prince for a Dreadnought- with a little luck those guys can be the ace (seven S10  attacks on the charge! And it has guns too!).
Find all my works at http://www.renkasplace.cjb.net.

• Ancient
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2005, 09:29:58 AM »
The oblitorators are good if you have the points for them as they are tough and can make a wepon suited for any roll, But they somtimes do bad other times they do awsome. Like Wesnday I played with this list agenst tau and the one oblitorator made 2 12 man squads of firewarriors fall off the table due to shooting and killed a full Crisis suit commander and body guard with 2 rounds of close ranged plasma fire and assult. It is never good to take lots of these unless you have a large enough game to cominsate for it.

And your right I should get rid of th DP but my model for him is sooo cool, But a dread would be good.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 09:32:28 AM by Killlersquid »
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria