News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Would you recommend Sisters?  (Read 5747 times)

Offline Andie

• Two, one, one, two.
Would you recommend Sisters?
« on: May 1, 2002, 09:07:51 PM »
Are sisters very good? do they hold their own (cough) in battle.

Offline AiR

• Ancient
  • Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it.
Re:Would you recommend Sisters?
« Reply #1 on: May 1, 2002, 09:59:33 PM »
I heard they were pretty good. Every army has it's advantage.. Don't mind the people on eldaronline that says sisters suck  ;D..

I'm sure they're alright.. But I gotta ask outta curiousity.. Why sisters and not all the other races? Feeling feminen these days?  :P

I'm joking I show some interest for them too. They are part of the Imperium.
Primar edict means only one thing, and everything: cut. Once committed to fight, cut. Everything else is secondary. Cut. That is your duty, your purpose, your hunger. There is no rule more important, no commitment that over rides that one. Cut"

Offline The Hive Custodian (Retired)

• Primojanitor Paragon
  • Ancient
  • Perfection Within; Perfection Without
« Reply #2 on: May 1, 2002, 10:58:49 PM »
Sisters tend to be short ranged. In fact, the Exorcist and the Hunter-Killer missile are their only long range weapons (I think). They concentrate on meltas (auto-kill, good AP, tank hunting) and flamers (whoosh screams). They also have Acts of Faith which will help you out immenslely if used properly. Also, they have the highest armor-to-point ratio of any army. I've heard they're a difficult army to play, but like all armies, they can be very good.
« Last Edit: May 1, 2002, 10:59:39 PM by The Hive Custodian »
Calculus is an art, but algebra is attrition.

Offline Praetor

« Reply #3 on: May 1, 2002, 11:00:49 PM »
Sisters of battle are more close combat they like bolters,flamers, multi weapons.Tthey are cheaper points wise then the marines but you get there sav of +3 for like 10pts per sister.
 Thier war gear is very good also pluse they get faith power. that act like some of the warlock powers ie reroll to hit, missed armor saves etc.
The bad part of the sisters are their models are all metal and they might be phased out do to some ppl on the GW forms that do not like them.
If you still want to but they i would say go to thewarstore.net for there army deal for them and pick up the chapeter approved book for the rules
  Hope this helps some.

Offline SeerBrun

• Illustrator
    • Immortal Enemies
« Reply #4 on: May 1, 2002, 11:36:03 PM »
I have a Sisters of Battle army and I must say, even if they aren't the most dominant ever, they certainly can hold their own AND they are one of the most flavorful out there (though their test codex was much more interesting.

Offline RedTwo

• Conversion Exarch
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #5 on: May 1, 2002, 11:41:36 PM »
Like the Hive Custodian I've heard they are difficult to play, but very powerful once you've master their stratagies.

They are all metal models so it's going to be a more expensive army to field.  It's my understanding that they do best as a mechanized force, so you'll probably want to look at buying several Rhinos.  You'll definitly want the Chapter Approved book as it greatly expands their gear over the BBB.

I've also had interest in playing SOB (that whole "Amazon thing" does something for me - what can I say, I like stong women).  However, I avoid playing humans if at all possible (I deal with them enough in real life thank you very much  :P ), so I've decided to go with 'Nids as my second army.
Over specialization builds in weakness.

Offline Don't Yell at mE!

« Reply #6 on: May 1, 2002, 11:54:08 PM »
yes, I would recommend sisters.

I'd recommend them only to a person who knows what he's doing, though.

The sisters require some strategy to play.  they're short-ranged, but devastating.  if someone knows how to turn this weakness into a strength, they'll have a pretty fun time with the Sisters.  

we need more SOB sisters, anyways, to spice up the playter pool....

• Primojanitor Paragon
  • Ancient
« Reply #7 on: May 1, 2002, 11:58:10 PM »
If you're going to play Sisters you need the CA. Trying to play Sisters without CA is like trying to play Dark Eldar without the codex.

RedTwo,

Exactly my thoughts! In any game, whether role-playing or war-gaming, I always stay away from humans, especially if they're from a society I view as immoral and fascist *cou-Imperium-gh*. Our fellow humans can be so exasperating at times! (To put it rather lightly.)

As for the "Amazon effect", do you think it has something to do with evolution and the whole Darwinism thing? Just a thought.

'Nids! I play 'nids too, so I'm inclined to say "Good choice!", but I, um, well... ah, what the heck. Good choice! I like 'em because they're wierd, they're ugly in a cool way, and they get all manner of wonderful biomorphs and such. In fact, I'm writing a supplement to the codex. It's still being tweaked, but I have much of it done already.

Offline farseer_tiresias

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: May 2, 2002, 12:00:26 AM »
IMO i think the sisters are one of the better armies in 40k they are very very VERY balanced. There biggest strenght is POWER ARMOUR again i say POWER ARMOUR. then you get into the little things that are just soooo cool like the insane amount of flamers you get to use in the army both heavy and normal. And as far as assualt troops, there assualt squad combined with the new acts of faith rules makes them near Unbreakable

Offline Death by Ape

« Reply #9 on: May 2, 2002, 02:10:12 AM »
the sisters are a very cool army, but they won't ever have their own codex unfortunately.  it's been put on the back burner.  i personally would never field an army without plastic troop choices but if thats not an obstacle i say go for it!     every loves those nuns with guns!! :o
Blood Angels; Chaos.  Spot the difference, win a prize.

the_mighty_brain

« Reply #10 on: May 2, 2002, 01:53:46 PM »
sisters are a damned nightmare to play against!

sooo many flamers and melta weapons it's unreal.
They get al their specila faith bonuses and then you get mobs of crazed redemptionists!

the exorcist rocks.

overall sisters are a very good army. I'd play them if I wasn't up to my neck in unpainted models and student debt.

Offline Jiaurtel

• As Ynnead rises Death shall reign supreme!
« Reply #11 on: May 2, 2002, 03:56:28 PM »
Sisters are pretty nice but beware of the other players. Many a Sororitas Order was besmirched by the Space Marines, if you know what I mean 8)

Offline FrozenFury

• Demon llama! Demon llama where?!
    • The Zone
« Reply #12 on: May 2, 2002, 06:10:09 PM »
IMHO, if you know what you're doing strategically, sisters are the most dominant army in 40k...IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING.  And no they ain't gettn' a codex.  They'll be included in one of the upcoming Imperial codexes (not Codex:Daemonhunters, but something along those lines).  So they will be supported, just not as well as some other armies.
A word to the wise is useless.  It's the stupid ones that need the advice!

If electrons make electricity, then to morons make morality?...

Offline Hivemind

« Reply #13 on: May 3, 2002, 11:51:44 AM »
I'd also recommend sisters as a new army choice - even without a codex they have a solid army list.  The only drawback was mentioned before, which is that they only have metal figs so they will be alot more expensive than most other armies that you will collect -  that's the only thing that has kept me from collecting an army of them.   :(
The Tyranids are the most rapidly evolving race in the galaxy.  They are super-predators destined to hunt all others to extinction.

Offline EldarLictor

• And that's when I finally got sick of razor burn..
« Reply #14 on: May 3, 2002, 03:51:41 PM »
I personally like sisters- they are a fun army to play. I have an extremly small flamer- heavy force. I love filling up an immolator with heavy flamer sisters, rushing over and toasting the hethans. They also open up a whole new relm of vdr. I have my very special sisters drednaught based on the furioso with 8 heavy flamers. And they all look like they belong where they are! No hap-hazzard placement here!
Did you know that cats purred when you were young?
-I didn't.
I did know that Cats says "All your base are belong to us." however.
All your base are belong to us

Offline General Canderous Fayler

• Iron Fist
  • Iron Fist of Caldonia
« Reply #15 on: May 3, 2002, 06:51:18 PM »
Sisters of Battle are Women Imperial Guardsmen in Power armor.  Some have the exact stats of space marines but get bonus' for their faith.  They like lots of close ranged weapons, flamers and melta guns.

Offline TheMightyPikachu

• Pi-Ka-Chu!
  • Ancient
  • The Mightiest
« Reply #16 on: May 3, 2002, 10:57:19 PM »
theyre salamanders, cept human pretty much
with dark templarish vows
www.andylc.deviantart.com
did you know I can draw?

Offline Andie

• Two, one, one, two.
« Reply #17 on: May 3, 2002, 11:27:38 PM »
I hated playing sisters. me and a friend played an army of them once and got wasted. the only reason for this is because every time we killed a sister at the end of his turn hed use some power or spirit points to bring them back to life. Could someone please explain this?
(P.S. this battle is what made me want to try them)

Offline TheMightyPikachu

• Pi-Ka-Chu!
  • Ancient
  • The Mightiest
« Reply #18 on: May 4, 2002, 01:47:53 AM »
and all those woman driver jokes when yah fail a dt test
or when u run down an avatar...
www.andylc.deviantart.com
did you know I can draw?

• Primojanitor Paragon
  • Ancient
« Reply #19 on: May 4, 2002, 04:29:16 PM »

I hated playing sisters. me and a friend played an army of them once and got wasted. the only reason for this is because every time we killed a sister at the end of his turn hed use some power or spirit points to bring them back to life. Could someone please explain this?
(P.S. this battle is what made me want to try them)

Basically it's an instant, one-phase only, Necron-style get back up, rules-wise.