News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: W40K FAQs  (Read 4437 times)

Offline Blazinghand

• Warlock | Master of the Ravenwing
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Die for the Emperor or die trying!
  • Armies: Eldar, Orks
Re: Fall FAQ out
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2018, 06:12:00 PM »
I like the gentle hand GW used here to deal with the battery problem rather than, say, outlawing soup entirely. My Harlequin allies would have been sad! Though, they're sad about the charge phase flip belt nerf too.

I like that strategems got a CP increase instead of being removed. Some of them are pretty cool to have in the game, so this could balance them.
Quote from: Howard Zinn
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: W40K FAQs
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2018, 07:53:10 PM »
I don't think the change to fly effects Harlequins too much, as they are fast enough anyway.

I'm very happy with how they handled the issues as well. I guess the points changes in chapter approved will change things too!

I'm looking forward to getting my Harlequins back on the table. Mostly to abuse the suit of hidden knives and make people punch themselves a lot ha ha.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Aeldari
« Reply #22 on: October 5, 2018, 02:31:44 AM »
I think most of these changes are fine, that new stratagem will alleviate some of the first turn shooting, but 2 CP is still a hefty price unless your have a lot of scouts on the table.
I wonder if striking scorpions will be a nasty counter towards this stratagem though, as they hit things in cover better than otherwise.
Ego in propria persona, non compos mentis.

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #23 on: October 5, 2018, 07:18:11 AM »
I think most of these changes are fine, that new stratagem will alleviate some of the first turn shooting, but 2 CP is still a hefty price unless your have a lot of scouts on the table.
I wonder if striking scorpions will be a nasty counter towards this stratagem though, as they hit things in cover better than otherwise.

Not sure how you'll get the striking scorpions Into combat turn 1, with the restrictions on turn 1 reserve deployment. But, it is a nice help for going second, which in a shooting game can be a bit of a death sentence.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #24 on: October 5, 2018, 08:29:59 AM »
@Killersquid: Deploy scorpions normally and cast quicken on them. A nearby Avatar will help.
Even if you can't reach combat they can still shoot hitting on 2+ after running.

If you go second you can still give them cover in the open (by the new stratagem), so just put them in the fray as cannon fodder.

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2019, 01:39:49 PM »
You know the drill - biannual FAQ release for everything has occurred.
FAQs - Warhammer Community
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2019, 02:40:49 PM »
I dislike that reserves are only coming in on the second turn or later now. That just slows down the game, in my opinion.

It's also irritating because it does nothing to stop Orks from using Da Jump to do it first turn, whereas everybody else is left out in the cold. Booo!

Also, taking Bolter Discipline away from the Deathwatch is mean.  >:(

Come to think of it, I can't think of a tweak in this whole update that I actually like or that works to any of my armies' advantage. So that sucks.

• Ancient
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2019, 03:02:26 PM »
I am really happy with the faq. Everything looks good to me.

The only thing I am sad about is that my solitaire can't blitz and advance in the same turn, but makes sense, it was a gray area.

Deathwatch get Bolter drill, just not with special issue ammo. It's pretty gross when you combine those two rules.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Wyddr

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2019, 03:36:12 PM »
Deathwatch get Bolter drill, just not with special issue ammo. It's pretty gross when you combine those two rules.

Fair enough, but I don't think it was overpowered with SIA, and for the following reasons:

1) Veteran Kill Teams (i.e. anything not Primaris) are really, really hurting and need every boost they can get.

2) Primaris Kill Teams just switch over to Auto Bolt Rifles for barely any cost, so all we're really doing is knocking 6" of range off and giving the occasional ork an armor save.

I just don't see any particular reason to make *any* Marine faction weaker. It's bad enough out there for marines as it is and Deathwatch are among the only ones *playable.* Seems pointlessly punitive.

• Ancient
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2019, 03:40:23 PM »
They probably just intend the rule to be for just normal bolters to make it consistent.

Who knows, might change again later.

I'm pretty surprised to see castellan get a points increase before chapter approved, but I'm all for it.

I'm glad they fixed flying units charging, aircraft blocking movement, and folks taking more that three daemon princes.

Preventing non-craftworlders benifiting from jinx, reveal, and doom are also welcome changes.

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Wyddr

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2019, 03:42:21 PM »
They probably just intend the rule to be for just normal bolters to make it consistent.

Who knows, might change again later.

I'm pretty surprised to see castellan get a points increase before chapter approved, but I'm all for it.

I'm glad they fixed flying units charging, aircraft blocking movement, and folks taking more that three daemon princes.

Preventing non-craftworlders benifiting from jinx, reveal, and doom are also welcome changes.

Ah, yes--the changes to flying units and eldar stuff was all good, but I wasn't paying much attention to all of that, to be fair, as it hardly ever comes up.

Now, if only there were some way to prevent flyers from *instantly dying*, that'd be nice.

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #31 on: May 4, 2019, 03:36:32 AM »
Seems ok, running Aeldari soup is now even harder with the nerf to psychic powers. I guess the 7th ed complaints about Ynnari has finally reached GW.

I think "reveal" could have been left alone or at least have it's range increased while at it, there is noone using that power anyway.

Nice to get backed up for "quicken" the hawks, although those grenades are still useless, "smite" is still better even in the best of circumstances.
It's still nice to have something after double advancing the banshees.