News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The fallen  (Read 1174 times)

Offline Brash

• Titan Games
  • Armies: Chaos Space Marines
The fallen
« on: June 3, 2017, 05:32:34 PM »
So I just ordered Cypher and decided I would build a unit of the fallen as well. I was just curious if anyone else has fielded them with the new rules and if they have had any success?
Ave Dominus Nox

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: The fallen
« Reply #1 on: June 3, 2017, 07:49:23 PM »
For 7th or 8th? Probably no one has run them in 8th yet. In 7th they are pretty much just chaos chosen. Pretty neat in the formation in gathering Storm 3.

In 8th? They are an elite unit with a lot of options. So, very flexible.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Akaitsuki

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: The fallen
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 03:06:40 PM »
I have i have!

Some things to note is that Fallen are cheaper than fallen with ALMOST all the perks of chosen thus they are somewhat better depending on your needs.

What do they lack? Legion keyword. Fallen can't ride vehicles sadly so get ready to footslog! If you aren't planning on running transports in the first place then chosen are cool beans but also keep in mind unless you bring Cypher you can't count on buffs.

I got down and built myself 10 chosen all of them with plasma pistols because you know...it seemed cool and they have a special rule that makes it all the more interesting.

I look forward to testing the list out, Cypher 3 units of fallen and 3 questor traitoris knights for a 2000 pts list.