News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Dreadknight weapons combination  (Read 2676 times)

Offline Saim-Hann Corsair

• Armies: Eldar, Grey Knights
Dreadknight weapons combination
« on: December 11, 2012, 06:26:05 PM »
I would like to know what people think is the best Dreadknight weapon combination that would keep it at 200 points or less. I am already using the Psycannon as one. So basically it is either another shooting weapon or a melee weapon. This is for a Rogue Trader Tourney list, and this Dreadknight will have the teleported and be moving around with a 5 man Interceptor squad that is armed with an Incinerator, 3 halberds and a sword on the Justicar.

Do not include the points for the teleporter on the Dreadknight in the 200 points.

Offline Raktra (So long, I guess)

• Skarboy | Ripper | Princess of Baal
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Grey Knights
Re: Dreadknight weapons combination
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 07:13:44 PM »
The Greatsword's now so powerful a choice I see no reason aside from very-points restrictive lists to not take it. If you do nothing else, grab that.

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 08:57:16 AM »
That's what I was thinking too, but wanted to see if anyone else thought differently.

Offline WisdomLS

• Ork Yoof
  • BLOOD FOR THE ..... emperor?
  • Armies: SM (BA, BT, DA), Orks, Daemons, CSM, GK, IG
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 12:12:29 PM »
I think the heavy incinerator is by far the best ranged weapon for it's points, imho a better bet than the H-Psycannon especially if you are using a personal teleporter. After shunting you can hit any target on the board which is especially good given all the aegis lines that are around.

I agree on the sword, the FAQ made it a must take choice for me, Teleporter/Incinerator/Sword is my standard loadout.

Offline Prophecy

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 10:49:56 AM »
I think the heavy incinerator is by far the best ranged weapon for it's points, imho a better bet than the H-Psycannon especially if you are using a personal teleporter. After shunting you can hit any target on the board which is especially good given all the aegis lines that are around.

I agree on the sword, the FAQ made it a must take choice for me, Teleporter/Incinerator/Sword is my standard loadout.

Agreed this is a boss setup

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 08:02:27 PM »
The thing is I want that extra strength from the Psycannon and the large blast template. Are the re-rolling that great, when compared to just having two doomfists? With this I mean taking the Incinerator and Psycannon and just leaving the doomfists for assault.

Offline Raktra (So long, I guess)

• Skarboy | Ripper | Princess of Baal
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Grey Knights
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2012, 09:06:11 PM »
Bear in mind having the sword will give the benefits of the Doomfist and its own rules as per the latest GK FAQ, so on a Shuntknight, it's worth it every time.

Offline DCKeith

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 10:02:47 PM »
I have yet to use a Dreadknight without a teleporter and was wondering if anyone has tried out deepstriking with a Dreadknight?