News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: If you suddenly found yourself in the 40K universe..  (Read 11488 times)

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
Re: If you suddenly found yourself in the 40K universe..
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2008, 02:23:47 PM »
Thunderbolt pilot.

With a red-hot mechanic girlfriend back in the hangar who happens to be an exact genetic clone of Kaylee from Firefly.  ;D
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Offline legio mortis

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2008, 05:49:54 PM »
However, I remember reading fluffwise that the Inquisition hasn't been able to crack the Adeptus' language. (Binary) So potentially I could explain binary to them in exchange for some fancy things :3 (Goodies and such).
That was a tongue in cheek joke made in the Cain books, not to be taken seriously.

Me, I'd live my life and maybe start up a business or two, depending on where I live.

Offline Pulp Hero

• Radioactive
« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2008, 10:56:44 PM »
Design and package various varnishes and sell them to the Astartes to keep their armor's paint job pristine. ;)
"He was clearly as mad as a barrel of ferrets, though"-Dizz

Offline Wertyork

• Yeah I can do that.
« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2008, 01:53:15 AM »
I'd try to start a life somehow if i was on a nice world. Otherwise id join the Imperial Guard and go and travel eveywhere... well actually probably only one other planet before getting obliterated in a huge cool as explosion that i created by detonating a traitor titan and getting a huge city named after me  :D

Offline DJBtod

« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2008, 10:46:00 AM »
I would paint myself green and try to join the ranks of the orks as a trukk driver or gunner. Who knows, I might fool them!

~dan

Offline Sergant Alexi

• Its a funny world
« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2008, 10:47:17 AM »
With a red-hot mechanic girlfriend back in the hangar who happens to be an exact genetic clone of Kaylee from Firefly.  ;D

yer you know whats right you got the right idea
Gari Fireguard 12th Company
500 pts
W/D/L
-

Last Game
-

Offline Meatshield

• Bloodpact+Civilians = Rivers of Blood
« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2008, 01:42:53 AM »
If I appeared on some random planet, I would:

1. Settle down as a farmer on an agri world

2. If possible I'd join the adeptus mechanicus as Skitarii, first having my brain lobotomized so I can't feel pain, and then tour the galaxy

3. Invent a popular table top strategy game and sell overpriced yet oh so addicting products  :D

4. Arrive on squat world and then tell them they have been discontinued. In the aftermath of all the squats screaming and dieing as they vaporise into non-existence, I take over their planet and live in their bastions a bit cramped from the low ceilings.

What if a bunch of the 40k online members appeared in the 40k universe together?

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

Offline Irandrura

• Only mildly annoying
  • Ancient
« Reply #87 on: January 20, 2008, 05:52:51 AM »
What if a bunch of the 40k online members appeared in the 40k universe together?

We never know.

Think about it. I don't know what any of you look like, nor do I know many of your real names. If we all get teleported over, how, exactly, do I identify the rest of you as 40kO members? I don't know about you, but when I meet people, I don't introduce myself by saying I'm a 40kO member.
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Offline Mr Bate

« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2008, 06:21:51 AM »
Well If that did happen to me I would show some psychic potential and join a church to show my unwavering faith in the Emperor and hopefully be spotted by the inquisition so that I can become a grey knight... That would be the coolest thing ever. ;D
Yeah here in South Africa we have a weird sect who think that finding a girl outside of the family is for thieves so they marry in the family... Only in the South  :P
Have you ever noticed how everyone on Potchefstroom look the same? :)

Offline nurgle5

« Reply #89 on: January 20, 2008, 06:38:01 AM »
While your at it.  Please kill the designers, artists, and voice actor that worked on Jar Jar Binks.  If I could I would machete that memory out of my brain
"Avec Pleasure". Consider it done ;D.

Offline CherryMan

« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2008, 08:44:59 PM »
I have had a seriously crazy dream about this thing as op wrote in this post.. I awoke in the 40k universe... and by being a gamer of 10 years in to the hobby makes one remember fluff and 40k story. Thus i found myself at the hands of a Inquisitor drawing information from me... for food and shelter that is... it all ended in a great orgy with catachan chicks and dark eldar babes... ::) .... like it does all the time in my dreams for some reason  ;D hahaha

Offline Wolf_Blade

« Reply #91 on: January 24, 2008, 10:16:39 PM »
I would join the Tau Empire and work on weapon research and development with the earth cast scientists. That or join them and be part of an exploration team. Better yet, Figure out how the Aun' control them and take over the entire empire as thier leader  ;D.

Offline Adama

« Reply #92 on: January 24, 2008, 10:50:35 PM »

yer you know whats right you got the right idea

Seconded, my thoughts exactly. ;D

Offline Indro Tyr

• Quantity has a quality all its own.
« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2008, 10:57:23 PM »
I'd probably join the Imperial Guard.  Travel to far off places.  Meet exotic aliens.  And kill them.   ;D

The Emperor Protects.
"The time for using the knife to remove this cancer is past.  Bring forth the torch."

Offline Janek Sunber

• Any job worth doing is worth dying for.
« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2008, 03:17:05 AM »
What fails to amuse me about the imperial guard is the fact that you rarely ever get to stop off on another imperial planet and sample some of the females there. Now if only the imps became allied with the Eldar...
Star Wars Galaxies Character: - Caffran Cloudrunner (Stormtrooper, Server: Starsider)
                                            - Friszk Fizzlebolt (Trandoshan Warsmith, Server: Starsider)

Vassal 40k Name:                   - Caffran Cloudrunner

If you roleplay, I'm more than happy to play online with you!

Offline Alexander's Son

• Mentor - Newbies feel free to ask for any help.
    • Alexander Son's web page
« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2008, 10:38:25 AM »
I have had a seriously crazy dream about this thing as op wrote in this post.. I awoke in the 40k universe... and by being a gamer of 10 years in to the hobby makes one remember fluff and 40k story. Thus i found myself at the hands of a Inquisitor drawing information from me... for food and shelter that is... it all ended in a great orgy with catachan chicks and dark eldar babes... ::) .... like it does all the time in my dreams for some reason  ;D hahaha

Nahhh... I wouldn't worry if I were you... Sometimes I have the same dreams but without the dark eldar babes... I can't stand too much pain  ;)
Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

A suspicious mind is a healthy mind

Offline Boris Grevane

• Drop Troops=Crazy as hell Mother F-
« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2008, 01:05:54 AM »
First off.

Join up with a rogue trader and his crew. That is the REAL way to see the galaxy. Then give Axe body spray to all the Aun of the Tau and watch as the smell totally blocks the pheremones they excrete and the entire empire collapses into anarchy.

Ahh...deodorant...
Inquisitor Lord Boris Grevane
Captain Hykowa
Commissar Gorshak
The Ruling IG Triad of Richmond Area
"Dont mess with the captain."-Former Captain Grevane
Task Force Pheonix-Formerly 512th Company
"If it absolutly, possitivly, must be cleansed and purged overnight."

Offline Baldemyr

• Oderint dum metuant
    • Art by the Master...me.  No seriously.  Me.  Its not ego.
« Reply #97 on: January 30, 2008, 03:28:29 PM »
If we got to chose-it would definately be a Space Wolf or Ultramarine or Grey Knight and give my life in the service of the species-not some bullamphetamine parrot little war over resources or territory(the history of our race).

If I didnt have the choice...Rogue trader for sure-hire on as a bodyguard or something.  I have a bit of military training and general competence...  I would want to see the universe...I would want watch the Harlequin dance their past and Imperial Hammer slam down on Chaos raiders...   Maybe one day work into an Inquisitors band or Captain of my own trading vessel/liscence

Offline Theola

« Reply #98 on: January 30, 2008, 07:35:52 PM »
Hmm...  if I had a choice, I think it would be very cool to be trained as a Callidus Assassin, but I'm not sure how they get picked for service.  I would get to do all kinds of neat infiltration missions.  I'm not too much of a rank-and-file army soldier type person, so this way I could still serve the Emperor and have the freedom to venture off on my own.  I think a mission I'd really like to do is infiltrate an ork warcamp, assassinate the warboss and take his place.  Then I could order da boyz around and hopefully get them to focus on fighting humanity's enemies for a while, instead of getting all choppy on some peaceful civilian worlds.  Ideally I'd send them off to take out some tyranids, they seem to be the biggest menace.

If I'm just plopped on some random human world, I'd prefer to keep my head low and hope I don't get drafted into the army.  Maybe I'll quietly serve the Emperor on a nice farm somewhere, or file administrative papers for a big company in the city.

Offline Janek Sunber

• Any job worth doing is worth dying for.
« Reply #99 on: March 10, 2008, 04:35:20 AM »
Ok, firstly... you don't train as a Callidus Assassin, you get handpicked, and conditioned, trained, and schooled from the age of 6 months old or something :P

And secondly... intergalactic sports star? I didn't know the imperium had those :O As a genuine question... does anyone here think that the nobles of Terra would sit back, watching their TV (or whatever), being tended to by pleasure slaves, catching the latest headlines on Blood Bowl?
Star Wars Galaxies Character: - Caffran Cloudrunner (Stormtrooper, Server: Starsider)
                                            - Friszk Fizzlebolt (Trandoshan Warsmith, Server: Starsider)

Vassal 40k Name:                   - Caffran Cloudrunner

If you roleplay, I'm more than happy to play online with you!