News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1000 pts vs Blood Angels  (Read 2449 times)

Offline Jiggles

Re: 1000 pts vs Blood Angels
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2011, 06:59:55 PM »
Right, but he's Blood Angels, which means all his vehicles are fast. Which means, if he's smart (which he is), he'll move it 12" every turn and still be able to shoot. Now I only hit on a 6 (rather than a TL 5+)
Every time my Klaw smashes someones face in, I have an ork-gasm

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: 1000 pts vs Blood Angels
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2011, 06:26:22 PM »
True but your green baron can assault thus giving you an extra chance to destroy the vehicle.  Not to mention the vehicle can't strike back (aside from tank shocking).   Plus assault though is always hitting on the rear armor.  Where shooting more often than not won't be.   Easier to get a penetrating result if you do hit it.   

So basically you have one twin linked shot to hit glancing on a 5 and only penetrating on a 6 (front)
or that same shot plus 3 attacks in assault hiting on 6's and penetrating at 4+.    4 chances to damage it vs the typical one twin linked rokkit or if you are going pointswise and field two regular deff koptas than 2 twin linked shots vs 1 twin linked shot and 3 assaults.  Best case scenario you will be taking side shots with your deff koptas.   

I am not a big mathhammer kinda guy but I like my odds a bit better with the green baron.  But that is my playstyle.  I think orks have a tendency to do better in assault which the army was some what designed around.  Use whatever you are the most comfortable with. 

Speed isn't really an issue too much with blood angels as they are an army that has a tendency to come to you.