News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1000 pts Kult of Speed help needed  (Read 886 times)

Offline Chuckles, The Space Marine Clown

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
  • I kill, maim and torture because I care
1000 pts Kult of Speed help needed
« on: July 31, 2006, 01:21:53 PM »
So I won this KoS from Libertine at the latest 40KO tournament, and I'm soon to play my first game with it against another KoS player. I'm an utter Ork noob, so any support you can render would be brilliant. Here's the list:

HQ
Big Mek= 111 pts
·   Kustom Force Field
·   ‘Eavy Armour
·   Burna
·   Ammo runt x 2
·   Wartrukk (Grot Riggerz, Force Field, Armour Plates)
Mekboyz= 97 pts
·   3 x mekbyoz
·   Rokkit launcha
·   Choppa & Slugga
·   Big Shoota
·   Waaaaagh! Banner
·   ‘Eavy Armour x 3

Total= 208 pts
Troops
Trukk Boyz= 170 pts
·   10 Trukk Boyz
·   Rokkit Launcha
·   Nob (‘Eavy Armour, Power Klaw, Slugga)
·   Trukk

Trukk Boyz= 170 pts
·   10 Trukk Boyz
·   Rokkit launcha
·   Nob (‘Eavy Armour, Power Klaw, Slugga)
·   Trukk

Trukk Boyz= 158 pts
·   10 Trukk Boyz
·   Burna
·   Nob (‘Eavy Armour, ‘Uge Choppa)
·   Trukk

Trukk Boyz= 164 pts
·   10 Trukk Boyz
·   Nob (‘Eavy Armour, Power Klaw)
·   Trukk

Burna Boyz= 139 pts
·   6 Burna Boyz
·   4 Burnas
·   Mekboy (‘Eavy Armour, Burna)
·   Trukk

Tankbustas= 144 pts
·   6 Tankbustas
·   3 rokkit launchas
·   Nob (‘Eavy Armour, Rokkit launcha)
·   Trukk

Total= 806 pts
Army Total= 1014 pts

I know it's a touch over but this isn't a serious game by any means
The forum rules are fair and just. *twitch*

Offline Jester (Hadn't Changed His Profile Recently)

• I put the ass in assault.
  • Armies: The legions of pantslessness.
Re: 1000 pts Kult of Speed help needed
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 01:40:05 PM »
I, and many actual ork players, would suggest against a 'Uge Choppa.
Either get back closer to the points value and use a normal choppa, IMHO better than a 'uge choppa, or continue to go over with a powa klaw.
The Tavern is dead. Long live The Tavern.

Offline Aliasara

• O NOES! It's the SMurfs AGAIN! *Yawns*
« Reply #2 on: August 1, 2006, 04:48:56 PM »
Hi there.

List looks good so far but some suggestions.
I do not like your HQ choice, it is far too expensive for 1000 pts + it does not really improve on your army. I would suggest a Waaghboss with 9 Skarboys in a Truck. It will do much more for you than the Big Mek. Also get rid of Force Fields on the Trucks... Waste of Points and you can't turbo boost, either.
Each of your Trukks MUST have a weapon and MUST have Grot Riggers since you will be playing KoF.
No 'Eavy Armor on the nobs. Unless you are in CC and he is the last model, you will be testing on the 6+ Armor of the Boyz anyway... Waste of Points
A Burna with Ammo runts don't work since you do not have to roll to hit.
Burna Boyz are a waste of points, you can fit the burnas with the boyz (one each mob).
If you want to get ammo runts, fit them in the Trukk with the Nob of the Tankbustas. Never 'Uge Choppa. Never. Ever. Powerclaw or if you do not have the points, just a choppa.

Dumm ist nur wer Dummes tut!!

All spelling mistakes are intentional. Finders-Keepers!

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
« Reply #3 on: August 1, 2006, 05:25:44 PM »
Here's my problem, I'm trying to build a list using the models I have available to me. I can't have a Waaaghboss with however many Skarboyz because I don't have a Waaaghboss withany number of Skarboyz to use. And this game is going to be in a GW store so I can't do counts as, cause the manager's a bell end.

It's not a question of what points, it's a question of what models I have

Offline Libertine

• Banned.
« Reply #4 on: August 4, 2006, 09:04:05 AM »
Hey dude if it helps here is the 1,500  list that i used to use with the army you have now, it seems to work quite well, but it does struggle against skimmers so in the last tounament i dropped a sqaud of truk boyz to inlucde some tank busters with rokkits and some meks with rokkits in order to shoot down those pesky Falcons and Raiders

HQ
Bigmek with custom force field 3xGrot oilers, grot tools and tank busting bombs
Battle wagon with force filed grot riggers and 3 x Twin Big shooters

This unit forms pat of a mobile screen that consists of three tanks which advance and blok LOS to my more vulnerable trucks. thus allowing my trucks to advance unscathed. The big mek protects the vehicles in the screen with his force field and  patches up any damage with his grots and tools. As the servaval of this unit is important to my plans i have equiped it with what most opponets will view as the least threaterning of the battle wagons choice of weapons, as such most opponents will tend to target the more durable demolisher. On rare occasion the mek will burst forward in his transport and clamp on a bomb on an unserspecting enermy tank however this mesure is always a desperate last resort as meny other units in the army will already have dealt with enermy tanks

Troops
10 x truck boys with sluggers and choppers including power claw armed nob and a burner boy
Truck with rocket launcher and grot riggers

10 x truck boys with sluggers and choppers including power claw armed nob and a burner boy

These units form the core of my force. They will either advance behind the screen on tanks or use their 24” move to zip from cover to cover taking care to always remain out of sight… the generally assault simultaneously on turn 2 or 3 and will destroy one flank utterly before moving on to the next. When they assult theyu take care to assult in a way that remaing enermy units will not be able to target them after they have finished their combats…. Their equipment (power claw  choppers and burna) allows them to deal with any foe be it wraith lords, terminators or genestealers (by moving 12" and then disembarking 2" i can usualy get the burna in the perfect postion to toast 5 - 6 of my opponents infantry

Burna boys
10 x burna boys, 4 x burnas 5 x slugga and choppa and 1 x mek with burna and super stick bombs…

This unit fulfils a similar role to the truck boys but their burners allow for an extra kick Vs hoard armies troops such as other orks, nids and guard etc…. if there are no such targets then they will operate in a similar manner to the rest of the boys or hunt for tanks

Heavy Support
Leman Russ Demolisher

This unit forms part of my mobile screen,  with an AV of 14,13,11 and protected by the meks field + tools it is extremely durable and general draws a massive amount of fire away from my slightly more vulnerable and valuable battle wagons, it will generally target 2+ save troops or tanks.

Battle wagon with Zzap Gun twin linked rocket launchers grot riggers and force field

This unit also forms part of my mobile screen, it will tend to target 3+ save troops or Tanks, its presence also means that any falling back boyz will always have a safe place to fall back to, to re-group and re-attack even if all the other trucks are full

You should have all tme models you need for this list, but you may be short of 1 or 2   power klaw armed Nobs, if so let me know and ill post them to you,

Best of luck, Libertine ;)

« Last Edit: August 4, 2006, 09:45:59 AM by Libertine »

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
    • oinks overambitious terrain project(s)
« Reply #5 on: August 4, 2006, 09:17:53 AM »
LOL... i was waiting to see how long this would be up after you walked away with that army!!! lucky ****!!!

;D

damn those pesky rokkits... i hate orks! hurt my precious eldar!!!

well, libertine.. your going to regret giving them away the next time we meet!!!!

Offline Libertine

• Banned.
« Reply #6 on: August 4, 2006, 09:32:46 AM »
Quote from: oink link=topic=119508.msg1430784#msg1430784

well, libertine.. your going to regret giving them away the next time we meet!!!!

LoL i very much doubt that my dear boy, wait till you see what fiendish army lists I have  in the pipe line ;)

Offline pete alvarez

• Form Blazing Sword!
« Reply #7 on: August 4, 2006, 10:48:15 AM »
I don't have my armageddon codex with me right now, but does it say anything about not needing a warboss for a KoS.  The regular ork codex says you can take a big mek, but you  have to have a warboss as well.

Offline Libertine

• Banned.
« Reply #8 on: August 4, 2006, 01:49:54 PM »
I don't have my armageddon codex with me right now, but does it say anything about not needing a warboss for a KoS.  The regular ork codex says you can take a big mek, but you  have to have a warboss as well.

That is correct, in a KoS army a Warboss is not a mandatory inclusion

Here's my problem, I'm trying to build a list using the models I have available to me. I can't have a Waaaghboss with however many Skarboyz because I don't have a Waaaghboss withany number of Skarboyz to use.

You should have no trouble fielding ska boyz, many of the boyz in the army (quite possibly the majority) are converted to have injuries such as hook hands peg legs and so on. I can see no reasons why you should not field these models as sca boyz if you so wish.

Offline pete alvarez

• Form Blazing Sword!
« Reply #9 on: August 4, 2006, 05:16:39 PM »

That is correct, in a KoS army a Warboss is not a mandatory inclusion

Wow, Sweet.  I needz me one Big Mek den.

• Ancient
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2006, 06:17:51 PM »
Hey guys I was on holiday.

Oink: well there's really only one acceptable response to that...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

Anyway, cheers Lib for the list. I played a 1000 pt game the other day with this list and it did okay.

I looked at that tactica you did and there's some excellent stuff in there. Thanks a lot, for the army and the help!