News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: How many Armorcast Phantoms were produced?  (Read 1343 times)

Offline bca11

How many Armorcast Phantoms were produced?
« on: April 22, 2018, 01:22:22 AM »
I just took the plunge and bought an armorcast phantom. It’s a model I have wanted for years, and as I have been looking through google images at pics trying to look at potential paint schemes, I noticed that I’m not seeing very many unique phantoms. I even saw a picture of mine in the possession of the previous owner. It seems as if the production run was fairly small,and I’m wondering how small. Does anyone have any idea how many Armorcast made before they quit doing GW stuff?

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
Re: How many Armorcast Phantoms were produced?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 06:39:20 AM »
Dang thats awesome! I love those old sculpts. Didn't they make a Warlock titan as well? I loved the original Revenant too.

No idea how many they made, but all that stuff is rare. Very cool, that'd definitley have a place of pride in my collection too. Nice grab!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 03:39:28 PM »
I don't know if it is so much that you aren't finding many pictures online because they are super rare, but more that you aren't finding many pictures online because Armorcast was pre-internet.

Even still... yeah... exceptionally rare lol.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline haunt

• Aspect Warrior | I Won the Eldar Army List Competition, and All I Got Was This Title!
  • Play and have fun.
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angel, Tyranids, Necrons and Tau
« Reply #3 on: May 1, 2018, 02:58:40 PM »
The Warlock version is mainly a different head piece and you'll have to buy it from another company. Weird I know these things about this subject, lol.
This is where Death rejoices, as he teaches the living.

Hoc est ubi mors gaudet, quod ipse docet vivis.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat