News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: heavy destroyer vs tombspider  (Read 1248 times)

Offline 1-i

• theropist tested, parole board approved.
heavy destroyer vs tombspider
« on: February 3, 2009, 09:23:49 PM »
Question: 2000 point army, 68 necrons, 65 points to spare, currently one heavy destroyer for the army.

would you rather have a second heavy destroyer or a tombspider?
this army is not ment for anyone particular battle but as a static force to last now and forever.
live life now cause hell has no cable and heaven plays WAY TOO MUCH elevator music

Offline The_Gerv

• Tau- Our tanks are better at CC than our troops.
Re: heavy destroyer vs tombspider
« Reply #1 on: February 3, 2009, 09:35:15 PM »
I'd say another heavy destroyer. One heavy destroyer means that it will never get a WBB, while a second one insures that both will, as long as they are either in 1 unit or kept close together. I don't see many tomb spiders out there, and I seriously wonder about their usefulness.

Offline CrownAxe

• "This is for the haters..."
« Reply #2 on: February 4, 2009, 01:29:13 AM »
H Destroyers and Tomb Spiders both work best in duplicates, so i would take another H Des since you already have one

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #3 on: February 4, 2009, 07:29:52 AM »
Same here, the second Heavy Destroyer affords you WBB, and also, a second chance to damage whatever you were targetting should the first attempt fail. I find even two is sometimes less than I'd want to hit a tank with. Additionally, should you need to you can use 2 heavy destroyers to block charge lanes to your warriors on the final turns of the game, or contest objectives with them.

Offline 1-i

• theropist tested, parole board approved.
« Reply #4 on: February 5, 2009, 09:50:14 AM »
its good to see that we are all in agreeence.
i was about to start decapitating my last tombspider for conversion when the question hit me. 

thanks for the input
live life now cause hell has no cable and heaven plays WAY TOO MUCH elevator music