News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Knight titan Scale  (Read 2027 times)

Offline ForgottenKnight

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Knight titan Scale
« on: April 23, 2015, 11:30:08 AM »
Howdy,

I'm doing a bit of a conversion on an imperial knight and wanted to look at some bits online.  I've found some parts I'd LIKE to use, however, am not sure what would the scale of a knight be.  Actually, I'm not certain how to even figure it out. 

I know the models are 28mm heroic (or somewhere between 1/35 and 1/48 maybe?)  But what would a knight's scale be if I was looking for parts?

Thanks in advance,

ForgottenKnight

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
Re: Knight titan Scale
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 09:52:35 PM »
They're about 8" tall, and maybe 6" wide at the shoulders? If you find suitable bitz, I'd be all for it. There are a few companies that make models of similar size and shape, but they're still over $100, so not very good for my purposes. They fit on a chariot base, from GW. Maybe a flying base? The base is about 6" long and 4" wide, and the Knight fills it pretty well.

At this point, If I could find a Transformer of the right size, that I could glue in place [Oh beslubber! It's the Kraggle!] and then prime, I'd be all over it.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 09:59:00 PM by Spectral Arbor »

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Knight titan Scale
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 09:50:44 AM »
That's a tough question I find. 28mm is just the height an average man would be at this scale. A Knight Titan is still 28mm but modelled at dimensions that represents its height compared to that of an average person. In theory anything modelled at 1:58 should work.

For more help Google scale conversion calculator and you will probably find something that will help you.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!