News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Another 1500 point list  (Read 7381 times)

Offline mechrite

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Another 1500 point list
« on: April 27, 2015, 07:45:34 AM »
Hi everybody, I've not posted on here for a while but with the new codex thought I would try a change of direction for my elder.

This is what I ran with the old codex:
Spiritseer
5 Rangers
5 Jetbikes, shuricannon
5 Wraithguard, wave serpent, holo, scatter
5 Wraithguard D-scythes, wave serpent, holo, scatter
Fire prism
Wraithknight, scatter, suncannon

I can still fit this in at 1500 points, it is still CAD even though the wraithguard aren't troops anymore. However, I suspect that playing this list now will not earn me any brownie points.

So, I've decided to make use of my aspect warriors that have been in a box for a few years:

CAD:
Farseer skyrunner, spear
5 Jetbikes, shuricannon, warlock
6 Jetbikes, 2 scatter
5 Rangers
Crimson hunter exarch

Aspect formation:
10 fire dragons, exarch, firepike, wave serpent, holo, scatter
10 Dire avengers, exarch, power sword & shimmershield, wave serpent, holo, scatter
10 Swooping hawks, exarch

This comes in at 1462, so a few points to play with.

One thing I was considering was to drop a few fire dragons and hawks so I could add a swooping hawk/banshee mask autarch.

Any thoughts welcome!

Offline Rx8Speed

Re: Another 1500 point list
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 07:54:56 AM »
you can drop a fire dragon that will leave you 60 points to get 6 more scatter kasers on your jetbikes. People won't refuse to play you if you do that despite what is being said all over the internet. I also dont think holofuelds are that great anymore. Since the fire power of the serpents got nerfed you can jink a lot more without sacrificing as much damage potential.

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 08:25:59 AM »
I would drop some Dragons to max out heavy weapons on your Jetbike squads. The Dragon Exarch does not need the firepike either - I would however put a sun rifle on your Hawk Exarch. An autarch would be a good idea.

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Aeldari
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 08:52:17 AM »
I would probably have split up the fire dragons to into two 5x dragons units with one wave serpent each, then have the avengers footslogging and bought from the CAD.

With the Avengers bought as CAD, all you need to do to get a windrider host is to add a vyper and a spiritseer(or an Autarch), which I think is possible by dropping 1-2 bikes and some hawks.
Ego in propria persona, non compos mentis.

Offline mechrite

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 09:46:05 AM »
Thanks for the replies. I could make the CAD into a windrider host, but it needs the following:
Farseer
3 units of windrunners
Warlock conclave
Vyper

So I could drop some fire dragons to make that achievable, BUT I lose objective secured on these units.

Some good ideas about maxing out on heavy weapons on the bikes. I'll give it a go.

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 05:13:58 PM »
You already have most of those those models in the windrider host, except for the vyper, I was thinking something like:

CAD: 400p
70 Spiritseer
60 5x Rangers
130 10x Avengers
140 Crimson Hunter

Windrider host: 328p
100 Farseer (on bike?)
35 Warlock conclave consisting of 1x Warlock (on bike?)
153 3x3 Windriders
40 Vyper (proxy the fire prism?)

Aspect Host: 630p
230 5x Dragons in Serpent
170 10x Hawks

1358p still plenty of points for upgrades.

Offline mechrite

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 12:20:02 PM »
Ah yes, good points. I've got a venom that would do as a vyper. I'd have to take exarchs on the dragons and hawks, but otherwise I'll give it a go.

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2015, 12:54:48 PM »
You already have most of those those models in the windrider host, except for the vyper, I was thinking something like:

CAD: 400p
70 Spiritseer
60 5x Rangers
130 10x Avengers
140 Crimson Hunter

100 Farseer (on bike?)
153 3x3 Windriders

Aspect Host: 630p
170 10x Hawks

1358p still plenty of points for upgrades.

Don't forge you have to take Exarchs for the Aspect host.

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2015, 01:58:15 PM »
Exarchs are included in the costs ;)

Offline Wonko the Sane

• Armies: Imperial Guard, Eldar
« Reply #9 on: May 3, 2015, 05:15:51 PM »
100 Farseer (on bike?)
153 3x3 Windriders

My only qualm about the min sized warlock concalves people seem to be running is that they appear to be easy first blood prey. They could be kept in reserve, but that doesn't guarantee anything. They also don't really seem to have a clear role on the battlefield.

Regarding the bikes, the Windrider host requires them--no foot councils/farseers allowed.
-IG w/d/l (since 15th December, 2007): 26/8/6
Last Game: 4,000 point draw in Apocalypse

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #10 on: May 3, 2015, 05:23:41 PM »
100 Farseer (on bike?)
153 3x3 Windriders

My only qualm about the min sized warlock concalves people seem to be running is that they appear to be easy first blood prey. They could be kept in reserve, but that doesn't guarantee anything. They also don't really seem to have a clear role on the battlefield.

Regarding the bikes, the Windrider host requires them--no foot councils/farseers allowed.

Their role is just to be a tax. You would keep it in reserves, then use shroud and jink to keep it alive in the back field on an objective.

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
« Reply #11 on: May 3, 2015, 06:38:11 PM »
Well one technique is to have one lone dude hiding somewhere on the table, some people tend to miss there existence if you don't move them at all. Find a good building where you can leave them be for the full game length is also an option i think. that would be some wasted point i will have to admit but that could work. And in worst case you can always cast shrouded giving you a 2+ save in building ...  the str 9 of the lance is quite descent as well can be used to hunt some tank i think. If played correctly it could become some guerrilla warlock ^^  Remember this is all me theorizing this ><
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Wonko the Sane

• Armies: Imperial Guard, Eldar
« Reply #12 on: May 4, 2015, 08:36:03 PM »
I mean yeah, he could do nothing. But that is just playing with a 40-55 point handicap, depending on how he's outfitted.

At that point, why not just run CAD with no warlocks? Is the one-use shred really worth a 50 point handicap? It might be indeed, but I wonder how one would quantify that.
-IG w/d/l (since 15th December, 2007): 26/8/6
Last Game: 4,000 point draw in Apocalypse

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #13 on: May 4, 2015, 10:38:16 PM »
I mean yeah, he could do nothing. But that is just playing with a 40-55 point handicap, depending on how he's outfitted.

At that point, why not just run CAD with no warlocks? Is the one-use shred really worth a 50 point handicap? It might be indeed, but I wonder how one would quantify that.

I wouldn't. I would personally run a CAD and take scatter lasers so I'm not forced into the conclave (or the farseer)or the vypers. Specially if you're just using min bike squads obsec is much more powerful.

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #14 on: May 4, 2015, 11:05:54 PM »
I have a hard time even considering the interest of shred...  what does it bring  ?  we already have bladestorm on the shuriken weapon... isn't those two rules the same ?  will have to double check this.

The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #15 on: May 4, 2015, 11:16:23 PM »
I have a hard time even considering the interest of shred...  what does it bring  ?  we already have bladestorm on the shuriken weapon... isn't those two rules the same ?  will have to double check this.

They are not. Shred helps you get more wounds, not makes them better :) I only find the formation bonus useful if you are taking 18+ bikes all with shuri-cannons and 2-3 vypers with double cannons. You will also want a good amount of warlocks on bikes to make their catapults worth it as well.

A lot of people are taking smaller units of bikes, just to spam knights.

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #16 on: May 4, 2015, 11:42:17 PM »
Well i think i can say i expected it... if you give people any chance to exploit something they will surely do it, I'm expecting a amphetamine parrot load of nasty things to be seen in tournaments after all its no in every army that you can field guargatuan creature so easily.

Offline mechrite

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #17 on: May 6, 2015, 07:41:27 AM »
OK, so I've tried both the warhost and CAD. this is what I've found:

The bonus from the windrider host isn't significant. Once a game, and having to be within 12" of the enemy to use it, isn't that great.
However, the bonus to the aspect formation for being part of the warhost is useful. Fire dragons moving 12" from disembarking is good, as is hawks moving 24".
The single warlock on a jetbike is fine, he stays in reserves or hides on an objective in cover. Plus, he gives a warp charge.

CAD plus formation has objective secured, which is more important in my meta, although YMMV, so I think for me this is the way to go.

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #18 on: May 6, 2015, 08:38:16 AM »
So in the end their is no absolute option to rule them all, it will just depend on what you plan on doing what type of scenario you will be playing what are the tings you are going to encounter, what are you personnal preference etc... well on my end it will surely be warhost.