News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Little Ork help here! I'm starting a ork army 1500-2000 what should start it?  (Read 2300 times)

Offline Starzparty

• Imperial Guard Will stand Stong!! And orks?? funny
    • you have facebook account?? Join are facebook group call " Warhammer talk" and talk about ANYTHING that has do with warhammer the more people there is the funer it becomes! SO please join we need more members!
Hello to all! I have been always had some of the funnest games orks, no matter if i win or lose haha. So right now i have a about 750 ork (1575 with a ork/IG stompa it really a guard stompa but i can play it with orks to. and i explain later why is guard send message and i tell you about it) Any way i want to build up a ork army up to about 1500-2000 to expand my fun. I was wounding what should i put in this army. What do you use? what are some good thing you have that help a lot? I been reading on here and finding a lot of great things on here so let me hear from you?
                                              Thank you! (Sorry for the spelling/crammer errors. )

Please refrain from advertising outside of your signature. You can edit your signature via the User CP tab at the top of your page. Advertising is only permitted in your signature, as per the forum rules - gutstikk, your friendly green moderator
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 01:29:19 PM by Gutstikk »
"Infantry win firefights
Tanks win battles
Artillery win wars"
                    -Old saying amongst Imperial Guard artillery officers

An i agreed with it

Offline Aristo

• Armies: Dark Eldar
Well, first you should decide what kind of army you want to play. Orks have a variety of playstyles, however each require you to build your list accordingly around the main focus. Some examples are flootslogging horde, mechanized, Nob bikers, dread bash, battlewagon spam, etc.

Regardless of the army you choose, both the AoBR starter set and the Ork battleforce are great sets to start. The AoBR set gives you a Warboss, 20 Boyz, 5 Nobs and 3 Deffkoptas right off the bat. The battleforce is a nice addition, giving you more Boyz, 3 bikers and a trukk. You can experiment using the bikers as Nob bikers, and/or mount a squad of Boyz in the trukk and test out different strategies.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 04:13:22 PM by Aristocrap »

Offline Starzparty

• you have facebook account?? Join are facebook group call " Warhammer talk" and talk about ANYTHING that has do with warhammer the more people there is the funer it becomes! SO please join we need more members!
Ya that what i'm thinking about getting.  Then i going try have a warboss with his temy nobs. Then get about 20 something lootas. With about 6 orks bikers. and  some sluggas boys?? How that sound? This is like a sum of what i'm thinking about getting.
"Infantry win firefights
Tanks win battles
Artillery win wars"

An i agreed with it

Offline ogyon

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
IMO 20 lootas are  too much. 12 are just fine (4 hits with str7 is just fine  to break a rhino or kill a dp)
biker boyz are not  good. Too many points for not  much  to  do. Nob  Bikerz instead  is  a  killing force.
If you get nobz  on foot, put them  in a trukk
Always  take a  painboy. Always 10 nobz, not less. Always different armory on  them so that to alocate their wounds. Typical nob unit:
1  painboy waaagh! banner
3 nobz  powerklaw.  One gots  ammo runt, the other boss pole
3 nobz big choppa. One gots ammo runt, the other boss pole
3 nobz choppa. One gots  ammo runt, the other boss pole.
All nobz got 'eavy armour. All nobz got cyborg bodies.
If you want to make a  nob biker unit, try this stats, and give them bikez.Remove 'eavy armour, as the  bikez give them one. If you want to see their force get  2 units like this. Put some lootas  with  them (to open the  rhinos/vindis e.t.c. and watch them win and not die at all. Your friends  will hate you.)
For each nob unit, get  a boss to make them troop. Boss is  tunk hunter. He's also a killing machine (6x str10 attacks kills almost everything). Give him power klaw, eavy armour, cyborg body, squig. Always keep him in the unit.
You may think that those are too many points to spent in a unit. If you see this unit  on stage, you will reconsider this. Always remember that as you got different kidz, they allocate wounds separately. (don't remove a kid for every 2 wounds. Just say "hmm, this one goes  here, and the other one there). 

Then you could get some shoota boyz. 30 boyz on foot are just 225poits, but every opponent will hunt them, instead of  other units you got. You could always put them in a battle wagon. You  may think that   BS2 is not  good, but think of the 60+(depends on the big shootas) shots you will fire. Something will die there mister. And then. 3 attacks in charge are not bad at  all. You don't need the off-hand. 

After all those, you could think of more  special units. Everything in the ork codex is  worth (well, almost everything) if you know how to play it.. This is why every good player is  afraid of us, and this is why they call us broken-army. We just love to be broken.

(try a boomgun  on a looted  wagon. get a  rhino you got, paint it red, and put a cannon on it. 43" range(with moving 7"), str8AP3. We  just love it. Deff  koptas outflanking with TL-rokkits. Skorcha buggies killing hordes for 45  points. e.t.c. Orkz are  a treasure dude.. LoL)

Offline Starzparty

dud you help a lot!! Thank for the help! It help a lot! on the Nobz i think I'll get some buying on it. Oh about the shoot as.. My friend play a game were one of the black shirts GW guys ran them and he was murder with shot coming every were on him. So to me it sound like a good ideal to me. ha-ha.  OK and anther thing i was think putting some magic Orks guys. Like O'zoga  worth what do you think about having him and his buds?

Oh I love the red go's fasta rule ha-ha i difflent give them a try!

Sorry for this not making since :S i try my best.
"Infantry win firefights
Tanks win battles
Artillery win wars"

An i agreed with it

Offline ogyon

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
LoL.. np dude.

As for the magic  orks:
The weirdboy e.t.c. are  not worth the points at all. They are just fluffy  units. But if you make a really  strong army, you can  put something fluffy just for fun. (Never put snikrot and/or kommandos. We say  we go fluffy but  not  stupid! LoL).

Offline Starzparty

Haha i like fluffy.  Ya  i new about how the komandos was a "get your self kill" haha. Ok i made this 1000 point army of orks. My friend play it and he got 5-1kill points game, making him the winner.
"Infantry win firefights
Tanks win battles
Artillery win wars"

An i agreed with it

Offline Starzparty

moderator don't see my signature??
"Infantry win firefights
Tanks win battles
Artillery win wars"

An i agreed with it