News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Chaos - Deathguard - 1500 pts  (Read 2078 times)

Offline Akaitsuki

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Chaos - Deathguard - 1500 pts
« on: June 28, 2017, 02:53:42 PM »
Battalion Detachment - 3cp
HQ 2-3

Typhus - 164/9
Smite + Miasma of Pestilence + Gift of Contagion

Malignant Plaguecaster - 110/6
Smite + Miasma of Pestilence + Plague Wind

Malignant Plaguecaster - 110/6
Smite + Miasma of Pestilence + Plague Wind

Troops 3-6

20 Poxwalkers - 120/6

20 Poxwalkers - 120/6

30 Cultists - 150/9

Elites 0-6

Noxious Blightbringer - 80/4
plasma pistol

Noxious Blightbringer - 80/4
plasma pistol

Fast Attack 0-3

Foetid Bloat-drone - 158/10
Plaguespitter x2
Plague probe

Foetid Bloat-drone - 158/10
Plaguespitter x2
Plague probe

Heavy Support 0-3
Defiler - 246/16
reaper autocannon
Defiler scourge

Total Roster = 1496
Power Level = 86

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
Re: Chaos - Deathguard - 1500 pts
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 06:00:29 AM »
As is the case with the other army list that you've posted, an indication of how you plan to use this list and the armies you're likely to be up against would be helpful for others to give you advice.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Akaitsuki

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 03:55:44 PM »
Astra Militarum
Tau
Space Marines

thats what i'm likely to face. Same battle plan as other list except the Defiler will camp in my deployment zone and blast away in a defensive support role. I ran him up the board in my previous games and it just wasnt as effective his shooting takes a big hit.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 09:17:02 PM »
List looks fine. Are there any concerns you have?

Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Akaitsuki

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 07:44:38 PM »
Not really. I post my lists to share ideas i aim to not build lists that I'm not confident enough that i want to play as is.

When I am indeed researching i make it pretty obvious with big "HELP!!!!" signs lol. I do very much enjoying the sharing of ideas and seeing what's working for others and perhaps trying things out in a different list at a later date.

This is not to say that I believe my lists are perfect. I don't play many tournaments and I have indeed been known to lose on occassion. But I generally play to a theme or stuff I feel like playing that are laying about in my closet. Thus never feel like "oooh i MUST take someone's advice as God's will so that I will win any game with this army" I notice some people get offended by the lack of needing to be told what to change up at times.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 08:30:18 PM »
Sounds good. Well, let us know how things do.

Any reason you're not including any plague marines? Also, why a squad of cultists instead of a third unit of pox walkers?

Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Akaitsuki

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #6 on: July 1, 2017, 12:17:41 PM »
Sounds good. Well, let us know how things do.

Any reason you're not including any plague marines? Also, why a squad of cultists instead of a third unit of pox walkers?

I have grown to dislike proxies in 40k. I feel like 'if you don't own it or want to spend the time to do your best to convert it, and it already has a model. Then you shouldn't be able to use it'

While I had no problem with my cultists being Plague Zombies in previous editions. Currently we have Poxwalker models thus Cultists will be Cultists in my lists. I only own this many Poxwalkers currently but yes ideally i would prefer more poxwalkers for this type of list.

I love plague marines have had great success with them, but they just wouldn't fit points wise into what I want to run. With cult marines I like to strongly adhere to sacred numbers so a unit of 5 is out of the question. Papa Nurgle disapproves of such.