News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Why? because I can! [1500pts Black Templar]  (Read 931 times)

Offline Draggo Blacksun

• The never ending crusade will, umm.... Never End!
  • Armies: Black Templar 6000+ pts, Soon SOB 1500 pts
Why? because I can! [1500pts Black Templar]
« on: July 7, 2011, 05:55:15 AM »
Black Templar All troop 1500 (1494)

HQ
Emperors champion  /w/ AAC            {140}

TROOP
1st Crusader Sqd = 8x initiates /w/ 7x Neophytes, 1x Plasma cannon, Melta gun, 15 x frag genades, 15x Krak grenades , 5x crusader seals, 6x bolters, 3 shotguns, 4 BP/CCW            {283}

2nd Crusader Sqd = 8x initiates  /w/ 7x Neophytes, 1x Laz cannon , 1x Plasma gun , 15 x frag genades, 15x Krak grenades, 5x crusader seals, 6x bolters, 3 shotguns, 4 BP/CCW         {274}

3rd Crusader Sqd = 8x initiates  /w/ 7x Neophytes , Power weapon , Melta gun , 15 x frag genades, 15x Krak grenades , 5x crusader seals, 13x BP/CCW            {273}

4th Crusader Sqd = 8x initiates /w/ 7x Neophytes, Power weapon, Flamer, 15 x frag genades, 15x Krak grenades , 5x crusader seals, 13x BP/CCW         {269}

5th Crusader Sqd= 7x initiates  /w/ 7x Neophytes , Power fist , Flamer , 14 x frag genades , 14x Krak grenades , 5x crusader seals, 12x BP/CCW         {255}

It generally helps if you tell us in the subject bar what codex and points value you are playing.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 03:53:32 AM by Draggo Blacksun »
For Sigismund, Dorn and..... FOR THE EMPEROR!
8th ed record
                                W / D / L
Black Templars         1 / 1  / 3
Sisters of Battle          2 / 0 / 1

Offline Shadowstorm

• Suffer not the witch to live!
Re: Why? because I can! [1500pts Black Templar]
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 02:41:43 AM »
First off, you can't hand-select crusader seals to give to models. You have to give them to all models or none of them, not including neophytes.

I'm not sure what you want to do with the list. It looks kinda like black tide, but you've got heavy weapons in two of those groups that will either not be doing anything, or forcing everyone else to not be doing anything. Without any kind of heavy support, you're definitely going to need heavy weapons groups, but they should really be in dedicated squads so you're not wasting melee potential to shooting or shooting potential to movement/melee.

Also, BP/CCW for everyone?
A dream, to some. A nightmare to others!
-Merlin

Offline Draggo Blacksun

• The never ending crusade will, umm.... Never End!
  • Armies: Black Templar 6000+ pts, Soon SOB 1500 pts
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 03:47:04 AM »
First off, you can't hand-select crusader seals to give to models. You have to give them to all models or none of them, not including neophytes.

After re reading the codex I still can't see where it says you cannot purchase just one or two seals for a unit. In the sentance titled Crusader Seals: (page 37) it says "may" take the seals at x points per model. which says to me, you can choose.

Also, BP/CCW for everyone?
Also the there is a mix of all bolter and all BP/CCW sqds in this list I just forgot to mark which was which. I will correct this oversight.

And as for having heavy weapons in some sqds. The reason is to give them a bit more flexablity. I know they cannot move if you want to fire the Hvy's, but I also know about the zeal rule. Which Im counting on for movement.
For Sigismund, Dorn and..... FOR THE EMPEROR!
8th ed record
                                W / D / L
Black Templars         1 / 1  / 3
Sisters of Battle          2 / 0 / 1

Offline Major Arah

• Major
  • Don't think that arrows are outdated
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 09:27:12 AM »
you can't pick crusader seals.

Quote from: Codex: Black Templars pg 37
Crusader Seals: All initiates in the squad may take cursader seals at a cost of +x points per model

emphasis added by me.

I don't like the fact that there are heavy weapons in this list. If you want to have heavy weapons I think you should just make mini devs.
Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet. - Dave Barry

Offline Shadowstorm

• Suffer not the witch to live!
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 02:11:09 AM »
Relying on zeal for movement will get you about half-way across the table before you run out of steam and wind up without enough melee staying power to take out a squad of fire warriors. Especially if your squads are all below full 20 man strength to begin with.

Just put the heavy weapons in mini-dev squads of 5 initiates that you can assign specific targets to. Then load up your melee squads with a fist and melta gun. Flexibility and immobility do not go hand in hand.
A dream, to some. A nightmare to others!
-Merlin