News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Corsair POC: Scions of the Void  (Read 50499 times)

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
Re: Corsair POC
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2012, 08:13:01 AM »
I've been a bit absent too but I'm in the middle of moving house and there's something to do with a wedding or something my fiancee keeps talking about ...hmm, whatever...

Anyway Im making good but slow progress with the POC outline and how the thing will work.
I'll keep you posted.

I've also come accros a bit of a bump getting hold of some of the minatures I want to convert so my Void Dragons have ground to a hault. still when I'm moved I'll start up the assembly line again....

Watch this space!

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
  • Armies: DE, CWE, Eldar Corsairs
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2012, 10:31:59 AM »
We await your ideas!
I too have been very busy but just starting up again.

On the Void Dragon note I am going to paint certain elements of my Dark Eldar army in Void Dragon style (see my Trueborn for a start on that). Next item is the Razorwing Jetfighter which will be painted similarly to the Void Dragon Nightwing. Modifications to the colour scheme will be colour transitions/blending and symetrical pattern (I dont like the odd one side red other side black IA11 colour schemes). For the most part I will use Void Dragon decals on my Dark Eldar.

Its being painted in the colours so it can proxy as a Nightwing. From a more personal perspective, the reason Im using the Void Dragon colour scheme is simply because red and black are my favourite colours.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 11:22:17 AM by Khorne25 »

My Voidborn Eldar Corsairs

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:
Tau, SM, CSM, 3rd Ed DE (updating to 5th Ed)

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2012, 11:13:28 AM »
I'm really looking forward to seeing that NightRazor.

I had a long think about the Sunblitz Brotherhood paint scheme but as I already have 8000 points of Iyanden I'm getting pretty bored of yellow paint.

I really like the razorwing model and will also proxy it as a Nightwing, until the plastic Nightwing comes out that is then the Razorwing will be proxy as a Phoenix.

I quite like the non symetrical pain job. Sets them apart from their more formal Craftworld cousins. Still its horses for courses!
Hope to see some pictures in the Painting Forum soon!

Arq.

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2012, 09:33:36 AM »
On the topic of converting Razorwings to Nightwings, actually to think its just a weapon switch.
I reckon you can fit two shuriken cannon underslung beneath the front, add brightlances and dont put missiles on and sorted its a Nightwing.

Hidden in the Warp: Ulthwé Razorwing

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2012, 11:05:13 AM »
I like the Ulthwe one and thats where I'd put the Bright Lances.

I'd be tempted to embed the Shuricken cannons in the nose though. Having one underslung just doesn't look right to me.

Offline Radium

• Just another guy.
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2012, 01:53:06 AM »
You might also want to check out Fable's Eldar blog over at Warseer (Fable's Ulthwe Army - Page 13), he has converted a Nightwing and a Phoenix from the Razorwing kit.
Knowledge is power; guard it well.

Offline Treadiculous

• It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom.
  • Armies: 14k Ork, 8k Marine, 7k Guard, 1k Corsair... so far
« Reply #46 on: April 1, 2012, 06:08:47 AM »
I also have a couple of Razorwing's which I bought for my Eldar Pirates.. I am thinking to make 2 Warp Hunters using the D-Cannon from the Eldar Support Weapon (I will end up with 2 un-used support weapon platforms + crew + non D-cannon weapons if anyone wants)...

I am also thinking about getting another 2 to use as hornets (in which case there will be very little conversion work needed)... hornets don't fit my hidey sneaky jump-shoot-jump list, but I prefer the spikey skimmer concept to wasps weak walky approach ... maybe I just need to look at adding more wings, jets and spikes to a wasp...

I am thinking of calling my Corsair fleet the Night Furies.. nothing at all to do with the film 'how to train your dragon'.. Quite likeing the idea of lightning blue and black as main colour scheme, with maybe a bit of slaanesh purple and pink going on here and there.

I also noticed a little entry in Codex Eldar about the Crone worlds - an area of space near the eye of terror where Corsairs and Outcasts like to treasure hunt, and may also inhabit with either loyal Craftworld Eldar and Exodites entrapped within the realms of chaos, or evil twisted Eldar Fallen in league with she who thirsts.

are they crone as in cron as in Necron...?

anyways...

I have recently finished my outstanding paint missions, so can now get on with more corsair building and painiting!

yay!
« Last Edit: April 1, 2012, 06:20:11 AM by Treadiculous »

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
« Reply #47 on: April 1, 2012, 06:39:09 AM »
Crone Worlds are:

CRONE WORLDS
When the Eldar worlds where overwhelmed by the rift in time and space known as the Eye of Terror they were not destroyed. They were drawn into the warp and horribly altered, so they became abodes of daemons and other foul Chaos entities. To the Eldar these worlds are known as the Crone Worlds. According to tradition the Crone Worlds still preserve some of the Eldar's greatest treasures despite the changes that Chaos has wrought upon them.
Source: Eldar - Encyclopedia/C - CcmWiki

There was a trend for Crone Eldar, essentially Chaos Eldar which may be what youre looking for.

Speaking of adding bits onto Eldar Corsairs. Im fixing blades to my Wasps, I never much liked the idea of kangaroo power War Walkers and now theyve got jet engines Im going to fix bayonets to them for good measure :D

EDIT:

Posting the Corsair signature again, you have to add your IMG brackets around it.
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/8586/corsairbannerforumsize.png
« Last Edit: April 1, 2012, 08:17:03 AM by Khorne25 »

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:

Offline Radium

• Just another guy.
« Reply #48 on: April 1, 2012, 12:19:14 PM »
Wow, I finally got around to actually taking a picture of my first painted Corsair (well, he's mostly done). I painted him a couple of weeks back but it's taken me until now to actually grab a camera and get a picture for you guys:

As you can see I've decided to paint my Corsairs as Void Dragons (mostly because I already have 2 Phoenixes painted in the original Void Dragon scheme), but I've slightly changed some of the colours used to better suit my own tastes. Still some minor touching up to do, but I tend to those when the entire unit is done so this will have to do for now.

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #49 on: April 2, 2012, 05:51:15 AM »
Ok Guys,

As per the IM here's the discussion relating to some of the questions I posed;

1) Name! we need a name. Have a think about that that could be
2) Where should the POC be held. i.e on what board. so far its either here in the Harle / Exo board or witht the other POCs on the Eldar board
3) Thread continuity. Should we do it? how would it work?
4) any other business... (as I'm sure I've not thought of everything!)

Arq.

P.s GREAT armies guys. We should definatly think about a thread on the painting board in the furture to show case our stuff.

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
« Reply #50 on: April 2, 2012, 06:37:46 AM »
Corsair PoC: the Skyreavers

The PoC should be kept on the Harlie, Exo board because we dont actually have a Codex, we just have a Forgeworld army list. Although I see the point to having it with the others we are not a Craftworld per se, if we were to move we'd better give warning.

Anything to do with using the IA11 army list should have Corsair in the title as we have been doing.

Heres the new thing, I think our PoC should not be restricted to just IA11 users but to all Corsair players whether they be using C:CWE, C:DE or IA11. If we look at the other PoCs, sure at one point they had different FOCs but now its purely an aesthetic/strategy community. In the same vein, there are plenty of Corsair themed armies and Corsair "strategy" armies. We should group them under one PoC.

The Harlie, Exo board could be renamed to Harlequin, Exodite and Corsairs. We are rogues like the other two after all.
« Last Edit: April 2, 2012, 06:58:51 AM by Khorne25 »

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #51 on: April 2, 2012, 06:53:48 AM »
Corsair PoC: Skyreavers
name noted. I 'll keep a log of all our thoughts (you don't have to have just one!) and we can have our first poll on it!

The PoC should be kept on the Harlie, Exo board because we dont actually have a Codex, we just have a Forgeworld army list.
This would be my preference and I think it would benefit the Harlequins and Exodite board. Strictly speaking none of the other POCs have armylists either  ;) but I see whet you're getting at.

Anything to do with using the IA11 army list should have Corsair in the title as we have been doing.
I agree but we're going to have to think about consolidating on the boards and topics. I mean we'll start pissing a lot of people off if the boards are jammed with Corsair POC everywhere.

Heres the new thing, I think our PoC should not be restricted to just IA11 users but to all Corsair players whether they be using C:CWE, C:DE or IA11. If we look at the other PoCs, sure at one point they had different FOCs but now its purely an aesthetic/strategy community. In the same vein, there are plenty of Corsair themed armies and Corsair "strategy" armies. We should group them under one PoC.
Fully agree. As is our nature the POC should not be limited to a single path and we should inclued anyone who wants to field a Corsair force regardless as to what codex they're using. However we will have to be careful not to step on anyones toes.

The Harlie, Exo board could be renamed to Harlequin, Exodite and Corsairs. We are rogues like the other two after all.
A name chage may be a compromise the powers that be could grant us for not giving us a fully fledged POC of our own but I wouldn't count on it.

A great start Khorne25, what do the rest of your guys think?

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
« Reply #52 on: April 2, 2012, 07:02:39 AM »
Actually change that to Corsair PoC: the Skyreavers. That's based off the Vampire Raider apocalypse formation. Currently we also have:

The Unbound

By in large, our Corsair army lists have been going up on the Eldar Tactics and Strategy forum which seems to be working. However, considering the Harlies post in this board and not the other, we may have to move here. Its a grey area because unlike the Harlies we do have a proper army list rather than either using the DE or CWE or mixing and matching. It would give this board a lot more traffic but also divorce us from the greater Craftworld community (I mean cmon who comes in here!)

Obviously Corsair themed players using CWE and DE should post in their respective boards.

EDIT: And wow, I strongly recommend looking at the conversions here: 291st Death Korps of Krieg: Enemies of the Imperium: Corsairs of Helcaraxë
« Last Edit: April 2, 2012, 07:06:05 AM by Khorne25 »

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #53 on: April 2, 2012, 07:49:14 AM »
By in large, our Corsair army lists have been going up on the Eldar Tactics and Strategy forum which seems to be working. However, considering the Harlies post in this board and not the other, we may have to move here. Its a grey area because unlike the Harlies we do have a proper army list rather than either using the DE or CWE or mixing and matching. It would give this board a lot more traffic but also divorce us from the greater Craftworld community (I mean cmon who comes in here!)

Obviously Corsair themed players using CWE and DE should post in their respective boards.
You're absolutly right. The DE and CWE armylists intended for tactical critique should still be posted in the relevant army list board.
Corsair Lists should have the moniker "Corsair POC" (or whatever we decide) in front to let peolple know its an IA11 list.

I agree that having the POC in the Harle/Exo board will divorce us somewhat we’ll all have to make a decision on that. We must be mindful of what posts go where as we don’t want to be seen as clogging up the boards.

Three Warp hunters, for legalised cheating. Very strong cheese
Love it!

Offline greenmtvince

• I build rendundancy into lists with redundancy
    • Void Dreaming - 40K in Space
  • Armies: Sky Raiders Corsairs
« Reply #54 on: April 2, 2012, 08:41:28 AM »
I'm comfortable with our general and strategy threads hanging out in this forum.  I mean fluff-wise it's the corsairs that keep contact going between the craftworlds and exodites.  Based on our corsair threads in the craftworld forums, the only folks who seem to reply or comment are those with a vested interest in corsair lists.  I don't think we or the 40Konline community as a whole loses out on much by us posting in a seperate forum.  Those that become tired of the craftworlds and the rigid path system eventually find their way...

My proposed tiles are the whimsical:
Corsair PoC: Pirates of the Immaterium  (YAAARRRR)

or the more serious:
Corsair PoC: the Void Stalkers

taking from the only Battleship (more of a grand cruiser really) class that the corsairs have in Battlefleet Gothic.

Offline Treadiculous

• It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom.
  • Armies: 14k Ork, 8k Marine, 7k Guard, 1k Corsair... so far
« Reply #55 on: April 3, 2012, 08:10:29 AM »
I find the current spread of Corsair topics tricky to navigate and would really love to see one dedicated corsair area for all of the discussions. (fluff and tactics and armylists).

The Harlequins and Exodites area does make sense if we can't get our own location. An inclusion in the title would be great as it would help focus and identify the area for Corsairs.

Offline Radium

• Just another guy.
« Reply #56 on: April 3, 2012, 09:20:27 AM »
I agree that having the POC in the Harle/Exo board will divorce us somewhat we’ll all have to make a decision on that. We must be mindful of what posts go where as we don’t want to be seen as clogging up the boards.

I feel this is the best place for this discussion, as Corsairs are neither Craftworld nor Dark Eldar. Placing the Corsairs within either one wouldn't do them any real justice. We do need to rename this board to Hariles, Exodites and Corsairs of course.

For a name for the POC: anything with proper Corsair feel to it is finy by me, so something like Corsair PoC: The Eldritch Raiders. I quite like the earlier mentioned Void Stalkers and Sky Reavers as well.
« Last Edit: April 3, 2012, 09:30:52 AM by Radium »

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #57 on: April 3, 2012, 10:47:08 AM »
So far the concensus is for the POC to stay on the Harlequins and Exodite board. I'll ask the powers above if its possible to get a name change to the board int he instance we don't get a Full POC.

RE our name, so far all the suggestions have been of existing Corsair factions. While there is nothing wrong with this I though that the name could be more inclusive of us all and maybe also a little more profound. a name that alludes to the spirit of who we all are. As duisparate as we all our we have a few strands of culture in common. Here's what I've come up after eating a Thesaurus...

As those unbound from the path;
   Corsair PoC: Spirits Untamed
   Corsair PoC: Essence Liberated
   Corsair PoC: The Epitome Unbound

As those with no home or as wanderers;
   Corsair PoC: The Endless Vagabonds
   Corsair PoC: Trespassers of the Stars

As those who aspire for glories once more
   Corsair PoC: Mortals in the Realm of Dreams

As those who hunger for the unknown
   Corsair PoC: Inexorable Aspiration / Ambition
   Corsair PoC: Desires Remorseless Pursuit
   Corsair PoC: Unremitting Ambition

As those relating to Pre-Fall Eldar
   Corsair PoC: True Spirits of Eldanesh
   Corsair PoC: Ishas Tears agmonst the Stars

« Last Edit: April 3, 2012, 10:58:01 AM by Arquarian »

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
« Reply #58 on: April 3, 2012, 11:10:43 AM »
Well Skyreavers was a derivative of the Apoc Formation: Skyreavers Corsair Host

I think we should play on the theme as the Corsairs 1) being free, 2) returning to the old path/glories, 3) indulging in the joy of combat, 4) owning the stars

We're also not using the Eldar language: Iadanna

Corsair PoC: True Inheritors
Corsair PoC: Iaddana Drasion (Pirates out of Shadows)
Corsair PoC: IIirun-Iadanna (City of Pirates)
Corsair PoC: Outcast Harvesters (Iadanna means Outcast Harversters)/ Outcast Gathering
« Last Edit: April 3, 2012, 12:36:09 PM by Khorne25 »

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #59 on: April 3, 2012, 11:22:33 AM »
That's the spirit. Get some Eldar tongue in there....

Good ideas K25. Cavalier and greenmtvince are quite good with this sort of thing.
You guys got any ideas?