News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Rough Riders  (Read 744 times)

Offline Dark Fire

• I want your heart to stop beating
Rough Riders
« on: November 18, 2002, 08:04:30 PM »
Did they ever come out with rules for a rough rider regiment, and if so where are they?
Pain is an illusion of the senses; Fear is an illusion of the mind.

Offline SkavenGuard

• If killing Tau is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    • Under-Redwall Gaming Group
Re:Rough Riders
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2002, 10:17:37 AM »
To my knowledge there are no rules for an entire rough rider army.  I don't see an all rough rider army doing that well.

As an aside, in the main rule book in the appendix armies under the rougher army, it says that you can't fire heavy or special weapons (melta, plasma, flamer) as it scares the horses.  And in the codex rough riders can carry one special weapon.  Go figure...

When the cat is a way the mice will play...
Then the cat came back the very next day...

Offline tallarn_commander

Re:Rough Riders
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2002, 07:48:40 PM »
Dark Fire, I'd say go ahead and put together a rough rider company/regiment if you really want to.  I bet ya most folks would be willing to play against it in pickup games and league games.

Of course, for RT's or GT's you would have to leave your roughrider army on the shelf as it is not legal.  But you could still a roughrider-themed army.  For instance, 3 full 10-trooper rough rider squads to those games and call your army a rough rider themed army.  You could even theme it as a scouting force by attaching a sentinel squadron to your HQ, by not taking any heavy supports, etc.  It would be cheap (points-wise not money-wise) and you would stand a decent chance at getting best selection for bringing a unique IG army.

Heck, if you wanted to be really sick about it you could take the full 5 commissars, assign them to your captains and lieutenants, and then assign all other commies to your roughrider squasd.  Commies with powerfists on horseback would be fuffy and fun indeed.

IG, "We are many. They are few."