News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Command Squad Apothecary  (Read 758 times)

Offline NewHeretic

• Same Heretic, New God | Ork Boy
Command Squad Apothecary
« on: January 14, 2009, 11:25:54 AM »
Ok.  I'm a dork.  I finally remembered to take pictures of my work in progress.  Unfortunately, my wife's camera was set to video instead of photograph and I wasn't aware of it.  ::)  So, if you just want to see a few pics of the finished, primed Apothecary, skip to the bottom of my post.  Otherwise, the videos are only about 5 to 20 seconds long and show him in progress.

I wanted an Apothecary to accompany my Command Squad seen here:  http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=176085.0.  I have a couple already, but they are equipped as Vet Sgt/Apothecaries from 4th Ed.  Since Apothecaries in the new Codex: SM are able to be equipped with any extras, I konverted a new one.

First, here are some better pics (vids) of my Command Squad and Standard Bearer.  Just left-click on them to play (five seconds).  You can pause it for a better look.

My first vid is of the right arm finished.  It is made of three separate pieces.  The shoulder is from a metal Terminator's Thunder Hammer arm.  His forearm is a metal Apothecary forearm with Narthecium.  It doesn't have the Chainsaw, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is.  Whatever, it looks close enough that I wanted to use that bit for a Narthecium.

You can see two of the three bitz I used for his left arm in the above video.  I used a Missile Launcher arm with a normal shoulder guard.  Then I cut off the hand and attached a Chainsword hand from a very old Sgt model.  (That old plastic is much harder to cut than the newer stuff!  :-\)

Here is a video of some of the bitz I used for his Apothecary backpack additions.  (Pause it as it begins.)

Here is a video comparing his completed backpack with that of an official GW Apothecary's backpack.  (Immediately pause it for the best shot.)

Some more shots of his backpack.  (Let the videos run through, then pause them at the best spot for a good look.)

And, finally, here are some pics of the completed, primed Apothecary.

And a couple of pics comparing his equipment to that of the official model.

I modeled him with two Chainswords for looks.  He has a Bolt Pistol on his right hip, so will count as being equipped with a Bolt Pistol and Close Combat Weapon.

I got great use out of my needle-nosed pliers when trying to cut the wire and glue it and some other bitz into place on his backpack.  I'm awefully proud of it.  I hope you enjoy it as well.

NewHeretic
Good advice from Joshua:

Choose you this day
Whom you will serve...
As for me and my house,
We will serve the Lord.

NewHeretic, forum policeman.