News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Fixin The Krooza, Gitburna Finds Something. Orks vs Nids  (Read 1836 times)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Fixin The Krooza, Gitburna Finds Something. Orks vs Nids
« on: October 14, 2011, 07:13:20 PM »
Mission 2: Capture the generator

Mission Objective:
Non Standard Mission

Victory Conditions
Objectives. Your opponent places 3 objectives in the 12" center if possible with no objective closer than 6" of one another. Think of each objective as a type of control panel, fuel port, injection manifold, reaction assembly, or other worky bit needed to operate the Generator. He who controls the most objectives; wins.

This was a 2k game of orks vs nids.
The big boss looked at Gitburna; “gets out dere and finds me some lectricity!” Just then one of the shoota boys came in and tugged at Gitburna’s shirt. The boy whispered into his ear; “Boss, we found a crashed humie ship, maybe it has dat genertator thingie we need”. Gitburna looked at the big boss and said “right then, we may have sumptin for ya tonight”, and he left the room. Gitburna turned to the boy and told him “gets me da burna boys and dere wagon, we is goin to work”.

My List: I took this list as I thought he was going to take the ol’ five termagone list, but he didn’t he went with his kraken list. I as always came with a speed freak army.
BIG MEK: Gitburna; Cybork, Kustom Force Field, BP, Burna
FAST: 
1:  2 War Buggies, Tracks, Red Paint, Skorcha

ELITE
1: 10 Nobs, ‘eavy armor, Cybork Body, 9 twin link shootas, Waugh Banna, Boss Pole, 9 big choppas, 1 is a pain boy
Battle Wagon; red paint, grot rigger, Death roller 2 big shootas.
2: 15 Burna Boys, 3 are Meks with Mega blasters.
3: 6 Grot Tanks; skorchas, pintle shootas, grot leader tank

TROOPS
1: 12 BOYS; Slugga and Choppa, NOB, ‘eavy armor, boss pole, Power Claw.
TRUKK: Red Paint ram
2: 12 BOYS; Slugga and Choppa, NOB, ‘eavy armor, boss pole, Power Claw.
3: 12 BOYS; Slugga and Choppa, NOB, ‘eavy armor, boss pole, Power Claw.
4: 12 BOYS; Slugga and Choppa, NOB, ‘eavy armor, boss pole, Power Claw.

HEAVY:
1: Battle Wagon; red paint, grot rigger, Death roller 2 big shoota.

His list:
Swarm Lord with three tyrant guard

FAST:
6 spoor mines

TROOPS:
6 warriors with rending claws
15 Gene steelers
15 Gene steelers
18 Hormagaunts
18 Hormagaunts

ELITE:
Three squads of 1 Zoanthrope

HEAVY:
2 Carnifex with frag spines and bio plasma
3 Biovores

He won the roll for first turn, and I failed to seize the initiative.

Set Up
The objectives were covered with spores

Nid Set Up

I set up everything within the KFF bubble just in case I didn’t seize the initiative.
   The passengers:

TURN 1
NIDS
The nids advanced en mass to the center, the tyrant and his guard get onto an objective. The zoanthropes all hit but fail to pen due to the KFF confusing them. The Biovores also hit twice but failed to pen due to the KFF.

ORKS
Moved everything forward towards the nids, the grot tanks moved to try to block the steelers from getting to a truck or BW. The skorchas and two trucks move to the left flank. Shooting does nothing, but one of the grot tanks caused a wound on a tyrant guard.

TURN 2
NIDS
Everything continues to surge forward, that is one thing I love about playing against the nids, is that they don’t try to run away from you. One zoanthrope got a immobilized against the truck on the far right that was out of KFF range. Now he has scoring units on all three objectives from running. His carnofexes charge the skorcha buggies, and immobilize one causing it to be destroyed, Then a unit of homagaunts charged the immobilized truck. The Homagaunts glance to death the truck and get a krunch result (They had been given furious charge from the tyrant’s command ability).

ORKS
The grot tanks tank shock their way through the gaunts, and the gaunts try a death or glory, and get a death. The nob BW attempted to tank shock the tyrant who death or gloried and got an immobilized, and the nobs got out to take on the tyrant. The burna wagon had moved into position and flamed the other unit of homagaunts to disappear. 84 hits became 62 wounds with no save for the gaunts, of course the unit was wiped out. The grot tanks flamered the other unit of gaunts out of existence.  The nobs machine gunned the tyrant and killed two of his guards. All the trucks fired at zoanthropes and caused a wound on one.

The nobs charged the tyrant and caused three wounds on the tyrant and a wound on the guard, in exchange the tyrant dished out a pair of wounds that you cannot save from as you have to reroll successful invuln saves. We tied the combat and hugged up. The two squads of boys charge the two carnifexes and wipe them out for a loss of only 5 boys.

TURN 3
NIDS
His two units of steelers head for different targets, one going after a truck, and the other after the dis-trucked boys. The warriors move to help the tyrant. One spoor mine moves onto the wrecked battle wagon and is destroyed.

The biovores pound the red pants boys getting 33 hits and 18 wounds, killing all but the nob who took one wound and then passed his LD. A zoanthrope hits the burna boy wagon and the KFF fails allowing the penetrating shot to get through and the wagon was wrecked. The other two zoanthropes shoot warp blast at the black boots killing two, and I took the ones that were not in cover.

The steelers assaulted the black boots and the ork boys swung first as the steelers don’t have grenades (or the equivalent) the boys then proceed to only kill one steeler, and the steelers killed 4 boys. Then the nob cued up and killed 3 steelers for the tie, they all hugged up. The nobs and tyrant combat was joined by the warriors. The nobs cause 4 failed saves on the warriors and wiff on the tyrant, the tyrant and warriors killed 2 nobs, and they too hugged up. The steelers charged the skorcha and got a weapon destroyed result.

ORKS
The burna boys move to the empty BW, the red boots get back in their truck and get to the other side of the destroyed BW, The lone red pants nob gets back into his truck and drives onto an objective following the skorcha less skorcha who ran into a spore mine causing it to explode harmlessly. The Blue boys move behind the biovores and disembark.

The trucks shoot at zoanthropes and cause a wound. The grots fix the BW so the three meks fire their KMBs at a zoanthrope hitting it twice but it made both of its saves. The black boots lose three more boys and kill three more steelers continuing the standoff. The big fight in the middle goes south as the tyrant kills 2 nobs, the pain boy kills the tyrant guard, and the waagh banna nob gets the last wound of the tyrant killing him. The warriors attack and cause 6 wounds but with FNP the nob saves all but 1 and the pain boy saved all of his. The nobs had lost by one and of course failed their LD, since the boss pole was dead they couldn’t reroll, so instead fled 6”, making good their escape from the warriors, who consolidated towards the fleeing nobs. The Blue boys wipe out the biovores with no losses in return and consolidate back towards their truck.

TURN 4
NIDS
The warriors and steelers head towards the fleeing nobs. One spoor mine moved into the combat with the black boots and dissolved. Everything else was still in combat. One zoanthrope fired at the weaponless skorcha and missed, the other fired at the BW and got an explosion, killing 3 burna boys. Go figure, get out of one, just to have the next one blow up. Gitburna needs to recalibrate his KFF. The warriors charged the burna boys and kill 4, the burna boys and Gitburna strike back causing 9 power weapon wounds, and the warriors failed 4 of their fearless wounds and so only one warrior remained with one wound remaining and they hugged up. The black boots continued their fight with the steelers, losing 1 boy, and killing 3 steelers with one more failing his fearless save and the nob and two remaining steelers continued to hug up. I am going to have to get some nid parts to put on his boss pole.

ORKS
The grot tanks moved in and once again flamed the zoanthrope finally killing it. The red pants nob moved his truck trying to tank shot a zoanthrope that moved out of the way. The weaponless skorcha moved into another spoor mine causing it to explode harmlessly. The Blue boys moved their truck next to the central objective. Shooting was minimal and except for the grot tanks nothing was accomplished. The black boot nob took a wound, but killed a steeler and they continued to hug up. The warrior killed a burna boy and in return was killed. The burna boys formed a line awaiting their doom at the claws of the rapidly approaching steelers.

TURN 5
NIDS
The steelers move and then run towards the burna boys. The zoanthropes both move into cover to contest objectives. One zoanthrope shoots the red pants truck and gets a krunch, the other shoots at the blue boy truck and misses. The steelers assault the burna boys killing 3 and the burna boys killed 3 back, so they hugged up way away from any objectives. The last steeler finally kills the black boot nob and consolidates into the center to take an objective.

ORKS
The grot tanks move in and cook the last steeler, the blue boys moved around to the bottom objective and disembark, the skorcha runs off the last spoor and the red boot truck moves to take the center objective. The red pants nob assaults the zoanthrope and is killed before he can strike. The zoanthrope consolidates 4” to use the ork truck for cover from the grot tanks. The burna boys and steelers exchange blows, the burna boys causing 4 wounds, the steelers only killing two burnas and another steeler dies to fearless, then they hug some more.

TURN 6
We rolled the dice and it came up a 1. Victory to the orks! One objective to none. It turns out that if the zoanthrope would not have consolidated behind the ork truck he would have contested the center objective and the game would have ended a tie.

Had the game gone on, I am sure his last 6 steelers and 2 zoanthropes would have put up a good fight but I still had more army left than he did. Like I mentioned in the beginning of the report, I took lots of skorchas and burnas as I expected to go against the 5 tervigon army of endless gaunts, but he went with his killy list as he thought it was going to be a straight up king of the hill kinda fight. Not to mention that his dice did not like his steelers. In the last turn he rolled a double yahtzee of 1s and 2s to royally wiff at killing off burna boys.

Thanks to my buddy Brian for bringing his nids to the table, I told him nids are fun to fight as they are one of the few armies that doesn’t try to run away. Brian is a great sportsman and a great opponent, like I said, the game was a one move game, not even a dice roll, but a single move decided the game. Good Stuff, now onto assembling the generator.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 08:39:50 AM by SKEETERGOD »
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Log

• Burna Boy
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Fixin The Krooza, Gitburna Finds Something
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 02:00:45 PM »
Good report skeet. I enjoyed the read and I love the pictures. Congrats on the victory, yet another convincing win for the speed freaks!

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 06:05:31 PM »
Very well played skeet.   I see you got to try out those grot tanks, what did you think?

Nids would be a good foe for this mission as they could lump up and hold the objective, pretty much the same way as I am planning on doing with my kan wall.   

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 07:06:28 PM »
Very well played skeet.   I see you got to try out those grot tanks, what did you think?

The grot tanks were just like taking 2 squads of 3 skorchas, and about the same points only with extra shootas. The variable move was a hoot, and I did roll well most of the game. I love em, and since they are an elite and not a fast attack choice, I might have to take them more often.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak