News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The 40kOnline Forum Awards 2008: Tau Poster of the Year Nominations  (Read 1293 times)

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
EDIT - Please, don't use shorthand or nicknames for people. I don't know everyone on the site, nor do I know all of their nicknames ;).

The 40kOnline Forum Awards 2008.

See the above for the rules and specifics of the Forum Awards, and use the linked thread for general questions.

Make your nominations for the Tau Poster of the Year here in this thread or through PMing me (though clearly title it so I can easily tell what it's about). The only limit is that you can not nominate the previous winner, which was in this case was Oink.

Only one nomination per person please.

Nominees
  • Deadalus_Mk_V [1]
  • Wyddr [3]
  • Rummy [1]
  • Derikari [1]
  • Locke [2]

~MTWC
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 05:40:29 PM by -Makenshi- »
Quote from: IainC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
Re: The 40kOnline Forum Awards 2008: Tau Poster of the Year Nominations
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 11:24:04 AM »
I think a few people have misunderstood the 'one vote per person' rule (especially in the board-specific nomination threads), so I'd just like to make it clear:

You can nominate one person per category, however you can not nominate the person who won it the previous year and you can not nominate yourself.

The 'one nomination per person' pertains only to each category, so you can't nominate two people for the same award. You can nominate someone for every award out there if you so wish (obviously not the same person though, as no-one is that active, not even Rasmus :P). You can also second/third/etc. someone who has already been nominated, although how many times someone has been nominated only comes into account if we have more than 8 nominees, in which case the ones with the most nominations go through.

Hope that clears things up.

~MTWC
Quote from: IainC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 04:27:43 PM »
What the heck, I'll get the ball rolling:

I nominate Deadalus_Mk_V. He's put some good stuff up on these boards. That last Vehicle Wargear Rundown was especially nice.

I also find myself agreeing with him most of the time, which puts him even higher in my esteem.  ;)

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 04:45:30 PM »
Then I'll nominate you Wyddr.  :)
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Locke

• Bring the Rain
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 05:00:07 PM »
Hmm. I don't think we'll get 8+ people off the Tau board, but I second oink in nominating Wyddr. He's taken Sytoru's old spot of tediously looking over lists, and has great input :D.
Locke's Record (2010):
 Shas'el'Sa'cea'Kanvah'Kais: 3-1-1
 Simulation (Vassal) Record: 31-4-9
            Tau: 21-3-6
     Necrons: 3-1-1
 Dark Eldar: 7-0-2

Offline tzeentchling

• Infinity Circuit
  • Cthulhu for Pres! Why vote for the lesser evil?
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 02:04:06 AM »
Let's go with Rummy, if we can.  He's been a good moderator and a good commentator in addition.  If not, then Locke.
"Every intelligent person, as you know, dreams of being a gangster and of ruling over society by force alone" - Albert Camus

My eldar record in 5th Edition: 3W-1D-1L (12/6/08)

Tactical Guide to CSM: http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=148628.0

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
    • oinks overambitious terrain project(s)
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 10:45:57 AM »
Derikari please

his army lists are lessons to us all!

Offline Sayt

• The Devil you think you know.
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 07:41:37 PM »
I'd like to nominate Locke, as he seems to be a genuinely helpful kinda guy

Offline Tarrin the Space Marine

• Sullied Smug
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • It's ok to be scared...
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2008, 02:31:30 AM »
I would like to back Wyddr.

We don't see eye to eye on somethings purely down to style, but all his discussions have been well thought out, and his views on building lists are never "do what i do", more "this would help your army and needs"

Therefore i cast my vote.

However, everything about Tarrin is unfair and should be sanctioned with extreme prejudice.

The Globals have issued a 2:1 ruling that yes, yes everything about Tarrin is indeed unfair. We have also been sullied merely by contemplating this.

Offline fuegan17

• orkses are never beaten in battle!
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2008, 04:31:53 AM »
I also nominate Locke even though we have a disagreement on army lists he was still able to help me make an army list I'm very happy with.