News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Speed Freeks  (Read 3227 times)

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
Speed Freeks
« on: October 20, 2018, 10:00:27 AM »
Speed Freeks | Games Workshop Webstore

It's up for pre-order now and looks as though it could be a lot of fun.  It reminds me of a racing game that my gaming group created to play during lunch hour when we were at secondary school.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
Re: Speed Freeks
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 12:11:42 PM »
I love how GW is making all these kinds of games again.  :)

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 10:44:14 AM »
If you folks are wondering how the game plays, my buddy Ash has a review copy from Games Workshop, and has put up a let's play video. Looks like a fun little game.

Let's Play! - Speed Freeks by Games Workshop - YouTube
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Blazinghand

• Warlock | Master of the Ravenwing
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Die for the Emperor or die trying!
  • Armies: Eldar, Orks
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 09:24:15 PM »
Looks pretty cool! These minis will be usable in a regular WH40k game as well, right? I've been thinking about dusting off my orks once the codex is out and it might be nice to buy some new vehicles.
Quote from: Howard Zinn
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 10:04:29 PM »
Looks pretty cool! These minis will be usable in a regular WH40k game as well, right? I've been thinking about dusting off my orks once the codex is out and it might be nice to buy some new vehicles.

Yeah, all the new buggies are in the codex, and all the new buggies have speed freaks rules. I think though, that the two in the box might not be sold separately however.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 03:58:49 PM »
Looks like my kind of game. Too bad it doesn't come out for a whole year!!! (10-27-2018)

Hope it is not a lame reincarnation of gorkamorka. I will get one when I see it will actually show up in a couple weeks. (I don't like to wait too long for mail order stuff)

Now, on the other hand, new buggies are now on my radar. I have sent out my grots and meks to procure some for the future fifth army of gofasta orks.

Hmmm, maybe I should just skip 5 and 6 and go straight to 7th so I can plagiarize certain calvary symbols and icons....

"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

• Ancient
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 04:09:23 PM »
Looks like my kind of game. Too bad it doesn't come out for a whole year!!! (10-27-2018)

What? It's out in three days in stores...
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2018, 04:44:30 PM »
Well, then.... I guess I read the date wrong. Three days you say? Should give me just enough time to convince she who must be obeyed that I really need this. ;)
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Blazinghand

• Warlock | Master of the Ravenwing
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Die for the Emperor or die trying!
  • Armies: Eldar, Orks
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2018, 03:39:35 AM »
I bet they'll have some boxes at my local game store when it releases, i'll check it out
Quote from: Howard Zinn
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.