News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500 competitive eldar list  (Read 1955 times)

Offline groedius

• I *LOVE* EO and 40K.ca
1500 competitive eldar list
« on: July 4, 2011, 08:35:26 AM »
Going to be using this list or something similar in an tournament this weekend with some local gamers. Wanted some advice on my list and what you guys thought. I could come up against pretty much any army in 40k.

Farseer
Spirit stones
Runes of warding
guide
fortune

5 x fire dragons
wave serpent
twin linked shruiken cannon
spirit stones

8 x Striking scoprions
Exarch
Scorpions claw
Shadoswstrike

10 x Dire Avengers
Exarch
dual avenger shruiken
bladestorm
Wave serpent
Twin linked shruiken cannon
Spirit stones

6 X Jetbikes
2 x shruiken cannon

6 X Jetbikes
2 x shruiken cannon

Fire Prism

Fire Prism

3 X war walkers
Scatter Lasers

Was going for a fast mobile list with alot of shooting in there and quite alot at str 6 and above and also good mobility in the hope to control the board and being able to pick off enemy units but surrounding them with a couple of my own.

In addition to this I have some other models i can field

Maugan Ra
Around 6 warlocks on foot.
Harlequins x 10 with troupe master, death jester, shadowseer
10 Banshees with exarch
5 Wraithguard
60 or so Guardians with 2 interchangeable platforms and 2 EML.
another DA squad
4 x vypers 2 with shruiken cannons and 2 with Bright lance
5 x warp spiders with exarch
Falcon Scatter laser
Falcon Scatter laser
Wraithlord EML / Bright lance
5 Dark reapers exarch with tempest launcher

Offline Frostbyte

• Failing 2+ Invuls since 2004
Re: 1500 competitive eldar list
« Reply #1 on: July 4, 2011, 08:08:02 PM »
How do you plan on using the scorpions? My guess is that your planning on out-flanking them with the scatter walkers, but then that doesn't seem to fit with the farseer (my guess is you took guide to help the walkers get more hits).

Also you may want to include a little more anti-tank in your list, while the fire dragons are a solid AT choice, if you come across an opponent with things like storm ravens, land raiders, leman russ chassis', or other heavy tanks the fire dragons might not be enough. A combined fire prism shot is a decent backup AT choice, but I would likely want to use my farseer's guide just to make sure the template doesn't scatter off. Those big scary tanks look so much smaller when you've got a template, tape measure and scatter dice in hand.

Overall I like the composition, You've got 3 scoring units, 2 of which are jetbikes that can turbo boost onto an objective in the last turn, A pile of Str 6 shots, and a lot of speed.

I hope this helps, and good luck.

Note: You also might want to check the points cost of your fire dragons/serpent, By my math 5x FDs + a Stones/SCannon serpent is only 190.

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: July 4, 2011, 09:22:17 PM »
Pretty good list however The scorps and walkers seem a bit out of place in a rather mobile skimmer army. Also if you plan to use scorps Doom would be better than guide as most everything else has a good enough BS. Granted the bikes could benefit from guide, but I don't see them getting as close as the Avengers who I assume the Farseer is going with. I am also unsure about the lack of long ranged S8 AT. Dragons are excellent, but can only be in one place and have to be up close. S6 is ok at light transports, but I wouldn't rely on it.

Considering the rest of your list, I think you would benefit from dropping the walkers to outfit the Scorps with a serpent and get a lance or EML on the Avenger serpent. Give the Farseer Fortune/Doom and he can swap between the Scorps and Avengers depending on the opponent. An extra serpent in the front lines will also make it more difficult for your opponent.

Offline Moriat

• Fertilize all available Maiden ...Worlds!
« Reply #3 on: July 5, 2011, 11:21:47 AM »
Quote from: groedius
Farseer
Spirit stones
Runes of warding
guide
fortune
Imho to expensive, plain doomseer would fit, unless DA are given shimmershield and defend there is no reasonable unit on battlefield to be fortuned

5 x fire dragons
wave serpent
spirit stones
Cheap, fast and deadly. I tend to give them undeslugg cannon as inevitable proximity of WS to enemy lines may give you nice opportunities for full 6" salvo.

8 x Striking scoprions
Exarch
Scorpions claw
Shadoswstrike
Generally unit is bit out of place in the list, but if you want to fit them rise numbers to full 10.

10 x Dire Avengers
Exarch
dual avenger shruiken
bladestorm
Wave serpent
Spirit stones
They will jump, shoot, jump, shoot - Id improve WS with some more reliable weapon (SL or BL) to enhance squad.

6 X Jetbikes
2 x shruiken cannon
6 X Jetbikes
2 x shruiken cannon
without embolden warlock they will run away, pity
Id rather go for 2x3 and play reserve,hide, cap/contest game with them

Fire Prism
Fire Prism
3 X war walkers
Scatter Lasers
Enough strong and deadly. However I see that nightspinners are a very nice addition for mobile armies.
Ability to slow down enemy before it is able to catch skimmers is really hard to overestimate.
Assault unit that fails to charge due to difficult terrain test is as good as a dead one.
Id swap Prisms for Spinners :)
Moriat

Proud user of NO Guardians!

Offline groedius

• I *LOVE* EO and 40K.ca
« Reply #4 on: July 6, 2011, 06:23:04 PM »
Had a rethink of how the list would work now everything is inside WS / Falcon with supporting prisms and upped the fire power on the tanks. Only thing I was worried about a little is only 2 scoring units.

Farseer
Runes of warding
Doom

5 x fire dragons
80                                                                                                                               

10 x Banshees
Exarch
Executioner
Wave serpent
Twin linked bright lance
Spirit stones

10 x Dire Avengers
Exarch
dual avenger shruiken
bladestorm
Wave serpent
Twin linked bright lance
Spirit stones

10 x Dire Avengers
Exarch
dual avenger shruiken
bladestorm
Wave serpent
Twin linked EML
Spirit stones

Fire Prism

Fire Prism

Falcon
Scatter laser
Holofields
Spirit stones
« Last Edit: July 6, 2011, 06:24:35 PM by groedius »

Offline Phantomime

• The BEasT wHat LIcKED Me
« Reply #5 on: July 7, 2011, 04:26:18 PM »

Farseer
Spirit stones
Runes of warding
guide
fortune

5 x fire dragons
wave serpent
spirit stones

8 x Striking scoprions
Exarch
Scorpions claw
Shadoswstrike

10 x Dire Avengers
Exarch
dual avenger shruiken
bladestorm
Wave serpent
Spirit stones

6 X Jetbikes
2 x shruiken cannon

6 X Jetbikes
2 x shruiken cannon

Fire Prism

Fire Prism

3 X war walkers
Scatter Lasers

I like this list more. would change for a doom seer (as was said, not a lot benifits from guide, and only the scorps for fortune, and if they advance deploy your seer will be a long long ways away for them to benifit from him, where as doom has range and benifits the bikes, scorps, and DA's (aka most of your army) in a HUGE way.)

with the extra points, a missile launcher on a serpent wouldnt go wrong, nor would an extra scorp (they are your primary assault, they WILL draw fire.) Shimmer on the Avengers would also be nice as it gives them a 2ndary roll to tarpit for the scorps, also, the dragons might do with an extra guy or two, just because they tend to explode with the vehicles they shoot at, not to mention your opponent will WANT them dead in a huge way..

personally, the bikes are fine. yes for sniping, 2x3 is better than 1x6, but if you dont want to be giving out the KP, this should be ok.. just be careful where you put them and be concious of assault troops/return fire.

Food for thought: you could try 4x bikes + 1 cannon + 1 warlock + emboden + spear. (141pts) this is a little better for armor hunting, but much less survivable (has to get closer for the spear), possibly slightly less likely to run (emboden vs 1 less model)..

with the extra points from this you could afford another EML or more of the above mentioned options.. all in all, I like this list alot.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 7, 2011, 04:28:09 PM by Phantomime »
"Say hello to Mr. Yellow.."