News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Harlequin Revision - EO!  (Read 147712 times)

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re: Harlequin Revision - EO!
« Reply #440 on: June 10, 2004, 04:15:54 AM »
If you notice very little has been posted in any section for a while. The site isn't updating very quickly right now. However, once they start updating it will be on there, trust me.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #441 on: July 15, 2004, 05:17:08 AM »
Revision updated with new killzone-clarification.

I think I will add pics to this too once I have some decent ones.

Offline Archon Khiraq(danceman)

• The Devil in Pale Moonlight
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • What's the matter? Don't you like clowns?
« Reply #442 on: July 17, 2004, 07:39:55 AM »
VERY nice work rasmus and anyone else who might have been involved... recently ive been looking back my harlies and if time and all is nice to me i´d hope i can convince my friend to let me use/playtest this list.

again, hats off to you rasmus
"The blade itself incites to acts of violence" - Homer.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #443 on: July 17, 2004, 07:42:35 AM »
Thank you, and credits to all those who have participated in all of this. It is not my Revision, even though I am the principal Author. There are lots of people involved in all of this, not counting the hundred-or-so playtesters.

Offline Wurzelmaniac

• MINF: Back on the Market
  • Ancient
  • Masculine In Sex
« Reply #444 on: July 30, 2004, 06:37:32 AM »
How about a selection of 'Exarch Powers' for certain characters (need new name if we do).

Only certain powers will be apliccable o/c, these are the ones I feel should be included.
Bounding Leap
Defend
Evade
Skilful rider
Crushing Blow
Hit and Run (the WS one)
These are the ones I can recall offhand there may be more plus I have a couple of other ideas.

If we use them they need a limiting factor so I propose that they are limited as follows.

Troupe Leaders may have one power because they are fairly experienced.

Warlocks may not have powers because their psychic training takes up so much time.

Shadowseers may have one power because they have had more experience than Warlocks.

Master Mime may have up to two due to his high level of experience.

Great Harlie may have up to three because he is so experienced and infused with the power of Cegorach.

Quote from: Razyus
Quote from: Salami Tadico
I could do rules, but I really just want to spam Goatse and the like somewhere without restraint or fear of reprisal.
We get it. You've got issues.

Offline Zer0k@y

• When all understand the Harlequin, Chaos will fall
« Reply #445 on: July 30, 2004, 01:37:24 PM »
Rasmus have you considered special characters?

I made a codex for 2nd ed. which included:

The child of Cegorach (High Avatar).  Cegorach still lives and deities always produce Demi-gods.

A Generational Armor DJ.  The DJ wears a Wraithbone armor like the Phoenix Lords'.

A Mortal Guardian of the Black Library (Shadow Seer)

Cegorach!  If the Eldar get Avatars why not.  He is the only living non-fragmented Eldar God after all.  Now with the irratating C'tan he's even more important.

An ancient (only by human standards) Master Mime.  Created as the ultimate infiltrator/assassin.  The imperial assassins irratated me.  There dinky little life spans and they are better than Mimes who have practiced the art for likely several mortal life spans.  DON'T THINK SO.

Finally the actuall Guardians of the Black Library.  These were pretty much mindless creatures that hunted down any non-eldar essence.  They were composed of multiple spirit crystals of fallen Harlequin and Wraithbone thread.  Try shooting something that moves with even more grace than a Harlequin and is for the most part not there.

Oh.  I'd have to disagree with you on the major strength of the RT Harleys.  There two greatest strengths were that two thirds of the army could buy psychic powers and their ability to strike in hand to hand without retalliation.  If you recall in RT you could only attack to the front of the model, changing facing cost movement points.  Any model blocked line of sight and ground movement.  The Harlequin were the first army to have 365 degree LOS and  were able to pass through models, sighting there inhuman agility further enhanced by their antigravitic flip belts
Empires do not suffer emptiness of purpose at the time of
their creation. It is when they have become established that
aims are lost and are replaced by vague ritual.
      -Words of Muad’Dib by Princess Irulan

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #446 on: July 30, 2004, 02:14:32 PM »
The Exarch-powers would push the point-cost higher than they are now though. Do we want that? Even for underpriced (for its powers) Shadowseer? For the overpriced Troupeleader is is certainly not a very practical thing to do, I feel. Have you done the math to see how many points all these things would increase the basic line with?

Yes I have considered making special characters, but I, unlike many others with such aspirations, have started with the models. Once the models are done I will make rules for them. Keeps them a tad saner. I am making a way-laying Shadowseer.

Offline Zer0k@y

« Reply #447 on: July 30, 2004, 03:03:28 PM »
Great Harlie may have up to three because he is so experienced and infused with the power of Cegorach.

According to original fluff only the Solitare was touched by Cegorach.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #448 on: July 30, 2004, 06:23:29 PM »
Yes, but this has been altered now. I personally liked the older fluff better though.

Offline Zer0k@y

« Reply #449 on: July 31, 2004, 09:22:09 PM »
Yes, but this has been altered now. I personally liked the older fluff better though.

It appears that they changed the fluff for the Solitare but I didn't read anything in the fluff for the High Avatar that showed they were touched by Cegorach.

I definately like the old fluff better.  The old stuff said that Cegorach was still alive and had an active part in creating Solitares.  The new stuff shows no intervention by him and he could be dead for all they care.   I love the Harley fluff on Craftworld EO.  It's like somone interpreted the artifact out of the Eldar Codex the same way I did.  "Through the intervention of Harlequins shall we again become one, strong enough to rid ourselves of our greatest shame."

Offline Zer0k@y

« Reply #450 on: July 31, 2004, 09:27:35 PM »
BTW Rasmus did you receive the document I e-mailed you?  What did you think?  I just wish I didn't have to reformat my drive and forever destroy the completed codex that I had.  What do you think of the idea of the Muses?         

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #451 on: August 1, 2004, 02:53:41 AM »
BTW Rasmus did you receive the document I e-mailed you?  What did you think?  I just wish I didn't have to reformat my drive and forever destroy the completed codex that I had.  What do you think of the idea of the Muses?         
   The stuff you sent I commented. Did you not get the reply?
   In short "overpowered" was my reply. If toned down to the Nth power it could work, but you could post some of your ideas here, and we could all work on them. I am not sure why you sent it to me exclusively... Oh well. It can't be used as they stand now. It it just simply far too powerful. Like the Dark Harlequin Assassins (shudder).

Offline Zer0k@y

« Reply #452 on: August 1, 2004, 09:42:44 PM »
Rasmus, when you were looking at it you did take it in 2nd ed. context right?  Your probably right about the overpowered though I was trying to make them like they used to be in RT which was overpowered at the time also.  How much of my idea would I be able to post?  I was also thinking of doing it in 3rd edition before I did anything.  Why just you, well I'm used to people thumbing there noses at my work so I guess I figured I'd rather have one person do it instead of everyone on the board.  I've never seen the DHA.  Color me stupid but how would I go about posting the entire document, and as I said before how much would I have to keep out?  Every pice missing would be detriment tword collaborating on the work.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #453 on: August 2, 2004, 11:21:40 AM »
Tone it down (in some cases WAY down :) ) and then post it in its own thread, formatted to 3rd ed. We can hammer out the details, what can stay and wha needs to go, and how, and then add it to this work. Fair enough?

Just don't post anything that breaches copyright, ok?

Offline Zer0k@y

« Reply #454 on: August 2, 2004, 09:32:23 PM »
Tone it down (in some cases WAY down :) ) and then post it in its own thread, formatted to 3rd ed. We can hammer out the details, what can stay and wha needs to go, and how, and then add it to this work. Fair enough?

Just don't post anything that breaches copyright, ok?

Can you give me a few examples of what to tone down?  I figured I'd give them the current Harley stats  but I wanted to keep the high amount of psionics in maybe not the particular powers though.  I'd probably base the characters off of current special characters.

If I happen to post something that does breach copyright is there a way that you can just edit it out of the body of the text?

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #455 on: August 3, 2004, 01:46:05 AM »
Yes, if you commit a breach of copyright I will deal with it. Never fear, it is why I am here, after all.

And what to tone down? Look it over, and anything you see that you feel you would not be comfortable facing across the battlefield; change it. If you can honestly say that you, using another army, think it would be "ok"  to face, and imagine yourself having a good battle; it is ok.

Offline Lythsarra

• Newest
« Reply #456 on: August 10, 2004, 11:36:06 AM »
It's probably just something wrong with my computer, but I cant seem to get the army builder file to work...

Offline Wurzelmaniac

• MINF: Back on the Market
  • Ancient
  • Masculine In Sex
« Reply #457 on: August 10, 2004, 12:51:14 PM »
Nor me but there are these wonderful things called spreadsheets about (or in my case Lotus Wordpro because I hate spreadsheets, everyone else seems to like them though) which are easy to use and can fulfil much the same purpose.
Quote from: Razyus
Quote from: Salami Tadico
I could do rules, but I really just want to spam Goatse and the like somewhere without restraint or fear of reprisal.
We get it. You've got issues.

Offline ArchonSW

• Thats me!
« Reply #458 on: September 10, 2004, 09:06:08 PM »
is it just me or is a possible 24" "the hunt" overpowered?  With a Deep Striking Shadowseer (fly belts (forgot the name)) in the middle of an army (or close) then using this could cripple them... Even if the shadowseer is not deepstriking if he was on a venom or something it would become unfair 3-4 units taking pinning tests?  Is this just me?
One more thing, can you use a psycic power if they are in a vehicle that moved 24"?

Martin

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #459 on: September 11, 2004, 02:47:41 AM »
1. Yes, I have seen this used once, and most units just turtned and blasted the poor sod out of his dancing-shoes. It is rarely worth the points.
2. No, psychic powers follow shooting-rules. If you can't shoot; you can't use psychic powers.