News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Harlequin Revision - EO!  (Read 138554 times)

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re: Harlequin Revision - EO!
« Reply #640 on: June 5, 2005, 05:03:08 AM »
subrace - Welcome to 40konline. Tell me; how would you balance out the fact that the Harlequins get killed in cc then? Is there a way we are missing?
JaedenKaal - I will fix the wording on the Stormglove. Nightshades powerglove would be a poserfist. I will change its name too. Thanks for pointing it out.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Roy

• Infinity Circuit - Harbinger of the Dark Millenium
  • Ancient
« Reply #641 on: June 5, 2005, 11:09:28 AM »
subrace - Welcome to 40konline. Tell me; how would you balance out the fact that the Harlequins get killed in cc then? Is there a way we are missing?
JaedenKaal - I will fix the wording on the Stormglove. Nightshades powerglove would be a poserfist. I will change its name too. Thanks for pointing it out.

Fear Nightshade and his mighty poserfist :P

Offline Destoroyah

• I'll show you how the gods kill.
    • The Myspace
« Reply #642 on: June 5, 2005, 11:55:09 AM »
All I have to say is wow, Rasmus. You've clearly put a lot of work into this and in the process have created some very unique rules that have me rather excited. I'd love to see the official return of the Harlequins since they are the coolest form of the Eldar race and I think that your rules would make an excellent army list for a GW codex.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #643 on: June 5, 2005, 12:23:30 PM »
Thank you. We have worked very hard at this.
If you want to see the Harlequins return; submit something to GW, a pice of fluff, a battlereport, anything. Everything counts.

Offline InfinityCircuit

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Useless, useless."--JWB
« Reply #644 on: June 5, 2005, 01:50:17 PM »
The third sentence of Flip-belts should probably read, "This too reflects the superior speed and agility of the Harlequins."

I hate to break it to you but now I'm starting to wonder if Tanglefoot Grenades really should be 4 points--the new rules make it so Tanglefoots essentially auto-catch the enemy.   For example an enemy with I4 would only have a 1/12 chance of escaping by my count--a bit much for 3 points.

Offline Destoroyah

• The Myspace
« Reply #645 on: June 5, 2005, 03:35:46 PM »
Y'know, I would. Good thing my friend has some Harlequins and a buttload of Eldar for proxies. I think he and I are gonna get together, play a BUNCH of 40k and send battle reports to GW.

Offline Roy

• Ancient
« Reply #646 on: June 5, 2005, 08:27:02 PM »
Y'know, I would. Good thing my friend has some Harlequins and a buttload of Eldar for proxies. I think he and I are gonna get together, play a BUNCH of 40k and send battle reports to GW.

That's a brilliant idea. Take pictures as well, and let GW know that the list definatively isn't in any really playable shape. Ask them to please make som official rules etc. From what I gather, alot of people at GW like the harlies, and want a list for them, they just never seem to prioritize them. They need an incentive to do so. The more people that send in reports, the more incentive they have to make a complete list.

Offline Destoroyah

• The Myspace
« Reply #647 on: June 5, 2005, 08:31:05 PM »
Eldar needs to be revived BADLY. I think it's time they had some time in the limelight. I don't wanna see a new Space Marine model for five years.

Offline Roy

• Ancient
« Reply #648 on: June 5, 2005, 08:33:48 PM »
Eldar needs to be revived BADLY. I think it's time they had some time in the limelight. I don't wanna see a new Space Marine model for five years.

Work has started, and phil said he'd like to do the harlies in a chapter approved after the Eldar dex was done. But I'd rather wait a year longer for the codex, then get another botched work of it.

the SMurfs are GW wonderchild, and you'll be seing releases for them at least once a year, and likely more.

Oh, and you should probably fix the link in your Forum Awards banner to direct people to the polls :)

Offline Destoroyah

• The Myspace
« Reply #649 on: June 5, 2005, 08:39:51 PM »
I'm aware of the Eldar revision, but I did no know about the Chapter Approved bit. I would also rather wait a year for the codex - Harlies and Ulthwe are the only Eldar I'd play. Trouble is - Harlies aren't official and there are way too many Ulthwe armies out there.
I ain't directin' no one nowhere. Whaddya think I am?

Offline InfinityCircuit

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #650 on: June 5, 2005, 10:13:53 PM »
I'm aware of the Eldar revision, but I did no know about the Chapter Approved bit. I would also rather wait a year for the codex - Harlies and Ulthwe are the only Eldar I'd play. Trouble is - Harlies aren't official and there are way too many Ulthwe armies out there.
I ain't directin' no one nowhere. Whaddya think I am?

Some guy with a formerly broken banner in their sig?  ;)

Roy where did you get this information about Chapter Approved?

Offline Roy

• Ancient
« Reply #651 on: June 6, 2005, 05:29:37 AM »
Quote from: InfinityCircuit
Some guy with a formerly broken banner in their sig?  ;)

Well, just that his forum awards banner link to the locked nominations thread, rather than the polls, (like mine does).

Quote from: InfinityCircuit
Roy where did you get this information about Chapter Approved?

Phil Kelly said so when asked at GD Atlanta 2005. Gav has earlier said in an interview with dysartes that it's not an if with the harlies, but rather a how and when.

Offline AngloHarl

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #652 on: June 6, 2005, 07:29:39 AM »
Mister Kelly repeated the Chapter Approved Comment at Warhammer World a coupla months ago.
no matter where you go...there you are!!

Offline InfinityCircuit

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #653 on: June 7, 2005, 09:31:50 AM »
The third sentence of Flip-belts should probably read, "This too reflects the superior speed and agility of the Harlequins.

This still needs to be fixed, and one more thing:

Under Fell Blade the capitalization needs to be consistent.

Under Mime Disruption, I think it is unclear if you role for each Mime unit in your army or each Mime unit on the table.

Sorry to nag but I wasn't sure if you just missed it!

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #654 on: June 7, 2005, 09:40:02 AM »
This has been fixed, but not uploaded yet. I can do it in a few hours or so.

Offline subrace

• i laughed i cried i ate my own head
« Reply #655 on: June 8, 2005, 05:48:54 PM »
alright, as a suggestion to my earlier post, what if you make it so any squad can equip dominoe fields.  That would cost a lot, so maybe lower the cost for the squads or for the d-field--and then make it less powerful (like they can hit on a roll of 5 or 6 in CC).

Offline Roy

• Ancient
« Reply #656 on: June 8, 2005, 05:55:45 PM »
alright, as a suggestion to my earlier post, what if you make it so any squad can equip dominoe fields.  That would cost a lot, so maybe lower the cost for the squads or for the d-field--and then make it less powerful (like they can hit on a roll of 5 or 6 in CC).

Most enemy units only hit harlequins on a 5+ as it is...
With the Holofield, they halve their WS.

Having D-fields on the is just senseless, and far too expensive. The fact that they are so hard to hit in the first place is what makes up for having no armour, (in the CJ lists at least).

Offline InfinityCircuit

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #657 on: June 9, 2005, 11:44:28 PM »

Most enemy units only hit harlequins on a 5+ as it is...
With the Holofield, they halve their WS.

Having D-fields on the is just senseless, and far too expensive. The fact that they are so hard to hit in the first place is what makes up for having no armour, (in the CJ lists at least).

I completely agree.  The only time I could see the Domino Field idea being useful would be against something like an Avatar which already has high WS.  Then again, such a creature could easily be taken down beforehand.  Therefore I think adding in this option would add another layer of uneeded complexity to the rules.

Offline JaedenKaal

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Archon, Kabal of the Black Contagion
« Reply #658 on: June 10, 2005, 12:12:41 AM »
Ah, however, the domino field is also effective (albiet partially) against units with the Preferred Enemy rule, and units with even better rules (Kharne).  While we're at it, I'd change the ruling so that rather than being effective half the time (a lot of pointless die-rolling), D-fields and special to-hit rules cancel each other out.  IE the unit hits normally (with it's weapon skill halved, as per the holo field), instead of hitting on a 3+ with it's own rules, or hitting on a 6+ as per the D-field
Scream, mon-keigh!  Scream for your emperor!  He cannot hear your cries, cannot save you from eternal torment at the hands of my haemonculi!  Which reminds me...  I need new bedsheets...

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #659 on: June 10, 2005, 01:55:03 AM »
That lends to another problem though; we are setting a precedent. There is nothing else in the rules that state that special rules are simply "cancelled out" in that fashion. And there are not that many situations where you need to roll off like that anyway.