News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1000pt Bloodbound List  (Read 1158 times)

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
1000pt Bloodbound List
« on: December 10, 2016, 12:44:06 PM »
This is a list I've already used a few times to moderate success against my friends stormcast. It's pretty straight forward and you've probably seen lists similar to it before:

Might Lord Of Khorne (140pts)

Bloodsecreter (120pts)

Blood stoker (80pts)

40 Bloodreavers (240pts)

10 Blood Warriors (200pts)

1 Khorgorath (80pts)

5 Skullreapers (140pts)

I've got two questions; is it better to field the infantry units as full sized blocks or to split them in half?  For example, should I take one unit of 40 reavers or two units of 20?  And against the stormcast, is it better to give the reavers meat ripper axes or to stick with reaver blades?

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Bees. My God" was an obscure Batman quote.
Re: 1000pt Bloodbound List
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 01:42:59 PM »
Wow, the names have gotten even more repetitive. Impressive.
(Sorry for the aside).

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 02:55:09 PM »
Looks like a solid list. Pivot issue I could see, is that you lack anything super-speedy which can sneak around enemy lines, which is hard for pure Bloodbound too do.

You'll need to have a plan for dealing with gift from the gods, or places of power missions, where you need to potentially get past a wall of troops quick in order to contest an I objective, or Assassinate a hero.

I personally like an msu approach to blood reavers. I'd go four units of ten. Then you have more freedom of movement, and potentially more flexibility in the order of combats in the assault phase.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 03:24:08 PM »
Looks like a solid list. Pivot issue I could see, is that you lack anything super-speedy which can sneak around enemy lines, which is hard for pure Bloodbound too do.

I eventually plan to get skullcrushers, but yeah, it is quite a slow army.

You'll need to have a plan for dealing with gift from the gods, or places of power missions, where you need to potentially get past a wall of troops quick in order to contest an I objective, or Assassinate a hero.

Yes, that's another problem I've been having.  I can't get around the enemy so I always have to go through them.  It's very khorney, but it's not helping me win.  :P

I personally like an msu approach to blood reavers. I'd go four units of ten. Then you have more freedom of movement, and potentially more flexibility in the order of combats in the assault phase.

That's a good idea.  I'll give that a try.  Thanks.  :)