News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Lost Roads of Lociam - gamethread II - no more updates.  (Read 12258 times)

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
Re: Lost Roads of Lociam - gamethread II - next update July 22nd
« Reply #100 on: July 22, 2011, 11:55:19 PM »
Jeol saw the group was determined to get themselves killed.

"Very well," he said drawing his rapier, "Shall we then?"
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re: Lost Roads of Lociam - gamethread II - next update July 22nd
« Reply #101 on: July 24, 2011, 04:29:12 AM »
[[Two weeks, not a single check using any skills, no checks against Common Sense or a plan better than "Charge!".
To be fair I am a bit surprised by that.
Perhaps it was my fault for giving you the room to plan and expecting you to use it, and not just post in the last three days.

To be honest I don't know how to proceed at this point. As you invest so little time in this (and it is not like I am asking for a lot here, and you had two whole weeks) we might as well call it. Or do you want another week to try to do something a tad more involved?]]

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: Lost Roads of Lociam - gamethread II - next update July 29nd
« Reply #102 on: July 24, 2011, 05:55:57 AM »
Two weeks, not a single check using any skills, no checks against Common Sense or a plan better than "Charge!".
To be fair I am a bit surprised by that.
Perhaps it was my fault for giving you the room to plan and expecting you to use it, and not just post in the last three days.

Wow, condescending much?

I'm sorry, but I think that play-by-post is not the best way to play a pen and paper roleplaying game. Having to wait long intervals to get the result of a single skill check that will affect the next action is not ideal, especially given how quick such a thing would usually be. Hell, planning itself is difficult in this format; it requires long chains of short posts between posters not online at the same times, rather than a quick discussion between people actually present.

On a personal note, I found it difficult to get attached to my character, since I had basically no input in his creation.

My vote is to not continue.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2011, 03:43:55 PM »
Sorry if my tone seemed abrupt. It was not my intent. I was just a bit saddened and surprised.

The pace was set low so that noone felt compelled to post most everyday, and most skillrolls can be resolved during the time between posts - the posts in the thread are to move the
story forward, as has been demonstrated before when players have used Common Sense in particular in the "between"-posts.

Oh well.

Offline Karynos

• Independent Political Report
« Reply #104 on: July 26, 2011, 01:44:54 AM »
I have enjoyed the rp. I did feel lately very unsure of where to go forward, as from what we knew the task seemed quite impossible. I am sure part of that was our lack of common sense checks. I would be willing to take another stab at it if others were, of course posting sooner than later.
If you go to this link I have a made a craftworld-kabal battle system that needs ironing out and testing. If you have any edit suggestions, please PM me or post in the thread.

http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=184437.0

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
« Reply #105 on: July 27, 2011, 12:13:31 AM »
I too am willing to keep at it, but it has been a bit confusing. For one I was never certain of all my options. Two, none of us, myself included, really seemed to get into our characters. Part of this I think is the updates are a bit too spaced out. One a week seems a lot of time. And each update has a ton of information. I am working 12 hrs a day, 6 days a week. When I get an update that is several paragraphs long, I have to park it until a latter time so that I can properly read through and understand it, and even then its hard.

So, shorter updates, with less time between them. And I guess often I have felt that it would be common sense for us to simply always use common sense. To act otherwise would be against the norm. Most of us don't go around all day having to stop and think, 'ok, what would make sense here?" No, we simply analyze it and do it. I feel that an RPG where we have to detail out every single check is going to be a bit tedious. Kind of like spotting something, it should be automatically tested against...
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2011, 06:22:23 AM »
Considering the lack of activity I think we will close it down.

However, before we go - please PM  me your names as you would like them to appear in the credits for the adventure once it goes to print. Thank you for your participation.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
Re: Lost Roads of Lociam - gamethread II - no more updates.
« Reply #107 on: August 27, 2011, 07:27:45 AM »
As you have all participated in the game I figured you should at the very least get a FREE copy of the game for your trouble.

You can get it from drivethruRPG on the link below.

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=93974

Also check out the homepage at http://www.lociam.com and over at facebook at https://www.facebook.com/LostRoadsofLociam