News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Three or four way battles: shooting into a combat  (Read 343 times)

Offline Sgt. Sota

• March Avatar, Death Awaits!
  • Tonight we dine in... Denny's!
Three or four way battles: shooting into a combat
« on: March 17, 2003, 04:48:59 PM »
I just though up these rules, for games with more then 2 players. Lets say my two opponents are wacking each other in combat. Well I don't care at all about them, so I'm going to want to hoot them right? Well the thing is the rules don't really address what to do in this situation. So here's how it works. You treat the people in combat as one unit. First roll to hit as normal. Now after that roll to see who you hit, one enemy on 1-3 other 4-6. Now we get to modifiers on who you hit. If one unit outnumbers the other 2:1 the "2" unit will be hit on 1 more roll, ie 1-3 becomes 1-4. If a unit outnumbers 3 or greater:1 the "3" unit will be hit on 2 more dice, ie 1-3 becomes 1-5.  A unit will always be hit on at last a one or six depending on which one they were originally. Then you work ut strength and stuff wounding and armor saves. So there ya' go!
Only the dead have seen the end of war

Offline Mohawk man!

Re:Three or four way battles: shooting into a combat
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2003, 05:48:17 PM »
what about if there was more than 2 players?  it could get really complicated. GW should come up with rules for this in 4th edition, i think the rules you've made up would be suitable. maybe you could write in to chapter approved. don't they know this situaton happens sooo often?

Offline Volo

• Pada-mod Learner / Infinity Circuit
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2003, 06:00:12 PM »
also, friendly fire rules. i know very well that chaos would fire into assault. IG could too
Eldar ~6000pts
Space Wolves- Black Claw Company, 6,000pts
Saim Hann- ~2000pts and slowly converting over my vanilla Eldar army.

Offline Sgt. Sota

• March Avatar, Death Awaits!
  • Tonight we dine in... Denny's!
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2003, 06:03:08 PM »
Well IG CAN shoot into combat, I think they can with Ordnance anyway, but wait Guard have no Ordnance  ;D
Only the dead have seen the end of war

Offline Redeemer

• "Why do you wear that silly man suit"
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2003, 07:04:57 PM »
Although it is fun to play 3 and 4 way battles i think personally that when GW made 40k they intended it to be a 1 on 1 situation 99% of the time. Thats just my opinion though.