News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Building Trueborn  (Read 2232 times)

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
Building Trueborn
« on: August 30, 2013, 01:34:13 AM »
As of now I own 1 unit of TB that has 2 blasters, 2 shredders, 2 splinter cannons, 3 shard carbines and the dracon with agonizer and blast pistol. I also have 3 units of 20 warriors that have 2 dark lances and blaster in one, blaster and 2 splinter cannons and one with a dark lance, splinter cannon and blaster. I am building another box of 10 models. 3 will be dark lances to put in the warrior units and taking out the splinter cannons. Of the other 7 models, 5 will be made into trueborn to ride in a venom. One will be dracon but the other 4 is what I'm wondering on. One with blaster(only have the one blaster bit) as for the other 3 I'm thinking shard carbines. What do you think I should model them with? I know blaster born is probably the general consensus, which I can do if I take the 3 blasters from my warriors, but if I do, should I add shredders to the warriors of just splinter rifles?
Thanks for any responses.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Plastikente

• Back Online!
  • Armies: Craftworld Eldar, Dark Eldar, Tau
Re: Building Trueborn
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 03:46:04 PM »
Do you have any blast pistols lying around?  A shredder with the barrel cut off and replaced with the one from a blast pistol makes a good stand-in blaster.

Personally, I find that the best builds for Trueborn a 3 with 2 lances to sit back and snipe, or 3/4 Blasterborn in a venom.  If I am going anti-infantry I would never take shredders over more carbines, because I just don't think they bring enough extra. 

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
Re: Building Trueborn
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 04:57:43 AM »
Thanks for that. I have started the conversions on the blasters.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword