News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: HELP!!!  (Read 1711 times)

Offline AGGuy79

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
HELP!!!
« on: April 14, 2013, 12:46:55 PM »
Howdy new to WH40k and am building a DE army and about to try them out in my first local play league. Here is the requirements for game 1 750 pts, 1 HQ(Only 125pts can be spent on the HQ), 2-3 Troops, 0-1 Elites, Fast Attack, and Heavy. Any advice at what i should bring to the table? Thanks!

Offline Revener

• Moooo!
    • VÄS
Re: HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 01:03:14 PM »
Why don't you post an example of what you would like to play with, plus what you actually have and then maybe we can help you instead of just build your list for you :)
Anyway......

Offline Koval, Master Verispex

• 40kOnline's Care Bear of Tanks | The Velvet Glove of Fated Tenderness and Ambition
  • Ancient
  • Well, that was unexpected...
  • Armies: Imperial Guard (Indelvian 190th Mechanised)
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 01:08:36 PM »
To clarify, is the points limit 750, or 1750? It's not especially clear, but if it's 1750 then the limited FOC is going to leave you scraping for upgrades just to fill out the points, so I'm just curious.

Beyond that, what sort of things do you like the look of? Do you prefer the feel of a Kabal army, a Wych Cult, or a Coven?

We can't build a list for you, but we can give you a few pointers.

Offline AGGuy79

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 01:09:35 PM »
LOL sorry ok i got 20 wyches, 3 reavers, 5 scourges, 5 hellions, and no HQ yet.

Post Merge: April 14, 2013, 01:11:05 PM
In the future, please use the modify button. Double posting is against the forum rules, and for that reason, the system merged your posts.

its 750 pts no more then 125 for HQ and i dont need you to build my army i have minitures as posted in last reply i guess i need HQ advice mostly.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 01:11:05 PM by AGGuy79 »

Offline Revener

• Moooo!
    • VÄS
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 02:48:17 PM »
then you have a problem if you are only allowed 0-1 fast attack, because reavers, scourges and hellions are all fast attack.

Baron Sathonyx would make hellions troops though so....

Do you have any vehicles ?   wyches on foot will die when your opponent stare at them too hard :)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 03:53:28 PM by Revener »
Anyway......

Offline Starrok

• Emerhelp - IT Outsourcing
  • Armies: Eldar + Dark Eldar allies
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 04:14:38 PM »
Venoms, ravagers and kabalite trueborn with blasters play awesomely well for their point cost on any format. Perhaps try a mix of those to transport your troops and give them a fire support.
Teach yourself to be the light amongst the dark;
Stream as a river by the groaning dusts...

Offline Khain Mor (/kharandhil)

• <3 huskblades
    • Dark Moon Kabal
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 10:13:57 AM »
seeing the limitations, I would get a ravager, a heamonculus, warriors and raiders. it's the best army you can make.
You bought 3 fast attack choice, they're fun and cool looking, but not very smart considering the battle limitations.

Wyches sry got a little worse in this edition, to the point they are maybe our worst troop choice, the lastest cc rules messed things up. wyches need transports if used, wyches cannot move around on foot, just no, warriors can, wracks or wyches can't.

Best advice I can give you: Read the codex, read the rulebook, over and over again, honestly I still do myself, purely out of boredom and enjoyment of the stories themselves.
After you've done that, come back on the forum, check other threads, check out what people use, what people recommend.
It's a lot of ask, but if you love 40k as much as we do, you'll actually enjoy doing all of this.

Painting the minis is another hell some of us enjoy going through.
The Dark Moon Kabal ,possibly the biggest DE army ever!
over 20k and awesome, what more do you need to click? (last updated the 02/03/2012)

Nothing better than killing a thousand slaves to wake up in the morning.