News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Check out my Army List!!!!  (Read 1864 times)

Offline Dark Nick

• quote "ALL IS DUST"
Check out my Army List!!!!
« on: August 1, 2002, 10:16:37 AM »
This is my army list for a 1000 point Tzeench army:

Mighty Sorcerer w/
Jump Pack
Lightning Claws
Bolt of Change
Melta Bombs
Frag Grenades                    146 points

Troop Unit x 3

Thousand Sons x 8
Sorcerer w/
Bolt of Change
Bolt Pistol and Close Combat Weapon   238 points

Tzeench Dreadnought w/
Demonic Possession
Plasma  Cannon                   140 points      

Total Points- 1000

Between four models that can fire Bolt of Change a Plasma Cannon and 24 Bolters that fire on the move I think there will be enough fire power.  Any ideas?

Offline Praetor

Re:Check out my Army List!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 1, 2002, 02:49:58 PM »
I would say drop the Jet Back and  Lighting claws go with a Socrerer Staff, Flames of Tzneench That way you can fire one st9 with 48 range+d6 a and go with a BolterPistol or Plamsa Pistol and go with chaos Armour.

The Reason i go with the Flames you can Zap any Transports Walkers or anything else that is bugging you and have a good chance of taking it out from a distances..
and go with DoomBolts with S.Staff for your troops can shot 9 str5 shots with 18 range+d6 .That will Keep alot of heads down in cover has you move foward.

Hope I gave you some good ideas
« Last Edit: August 1, 2002, 02:57:03 PM by Praetor »

Offline SparqMan

• Pimpmaster General
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Read the Codex.
    • The Daily Jolt
« Reply #2 on: August 1, 2002, 08:03:12 PM »
I think that your Lord is nicely tricked out, but too expensive for a 1000 point game. He'd be over 14% of your army all by himself, and a round of concentrated fire would certainly knock him out of the sky. Also, I agree with Praetor on dropping the lightning claws in exchange for the Flames of Tzeentch. While the twin lightning claws would look badass and make him a decent threat in close combat...that is not the focus of your army. You should be focused on shooting the heck out of anything that moves, not hand to hand. Plus, while he's a mean Sorcerer Lord...he'd be all alone, and he wouldn't do to well like that. I'm not, however, sure that the extra D6 is worth the cost of the Sorcerer's Staff.

I think that you should mix up the Troop Sorcerers' powers. Either give one Bolt of Change and two Doom Bolt, or two Doom Bolt and one Bolt of Change...or some other combo. You want to have some diversity in there, and those extra strength shots from the Sorcerers would definately help.
« Last Edit: August 2, 2002, 05:11:47 PM by SparqMan »

Offline Dark Nick

• quote "ALL IS DUST"
« Reply #3 on: August 2, 2002, 10:47:49 AM »
I do agree that there should be some diversity among my sorcerer's, but since Thousand Sons can't have heavy weapons I'm worried about not having enough tank busting power.  As I have it now four charecters have the Bolt (str 8) and the Dread has a plasma Cannon (str 7 Blast).  This way each unit has some way to deal with tanks and I won't have to worry about losing a unit or two and not having any heavy weapons.  As far as my Sor Lord is concerned he is to expensive for a 1000 point army, but my plan is to moveup to 1500 soon.  I'm just taking it in steps and  planning ahead.

I'm not sure what to do with the next 500 points.  Should I take more Thousand Son squads, another Dread, Cult Terminators, or a sorcerer retinue (very tempting, especially wth all jetpacks).  Thanks for your help.

Offline SparqMan

• Pimpmaster General
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Read the Codex.
    • The Daily Jolt
« Reply #4 on: August 2, 2002, 05:16:02 PM »
Valid concerns, Dark Nick. I think that in a 1000 point game, you won't have that much armor to worry about, even against an IG army. In the end, I suggest that you give the following: Flames of T. to the Lord, Bolt of Change to TWO Sorcerers and Doom Bolt to one Sorcerer (for cover fire). That should be plenty against most armies (I doubt you'll see more than three tanks in an army at 1000 points), and like I've said...you can always switch the powers you give before a game.

Go out and play a few games with your list and give us some battle reports! Post them in the Bat Reps area but be sure to let us know when you post.

Take your experience at the 1000 point level and use it to figure out what exactly your style of play requires to move up to the 1500 point level.

Offline Dark Nick

• quote "ALL IS DUST"
« Reply #5 on: August 4, 2002, 01:20:35 AM »
I will be sure to let everyone know how it comes along.  Thanks for the help.