News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Big Mek with Shock Attack Gun  (Read 508 times)

Offline Cortez

Big Mek with Shock Attack Gun
« on: April 23, 2008, 11:58:57 PM »
I'm wondering if this model is just pure hype or actually has a use besides destruction, of itself and others (Itself is preferred by my Devestators)?
Quote from: arah
first thing you dont need to mob opponents as marines. YOU ARE SPACE MARINES DAMNIT MOBBING IS FOR OKRS!!!
Quote from: Starrakatt of the Chortling Chainsaw
Self proclaimed kings - that's three now: Seer Fox, Thalandir, Shloeb... Self proclaimed gods are bigger, meaner and mightier.

Offline Agent of Change

• Ork Boy
  • It's not how much dakka, It's who doesn't survive!
Re: Big Mek with Shock Attack Gun
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 01:08:10 AM »
yes it does serve a purpose, death and HILARITY!

The SAGmek can be a devestating weapon if used right AND you are lucky.  the key here is a bunch of luck, it's a fairly versatile gun but you need a lot of guess work to have it be reliable.  I don't reccommend it if you are looking for something that's gonna be there for you everytime you use it and survive the game, i do reccommend it to you if the frustration of having a unit putz around on you for several games is worth the trade off for say (i don't know) blowing up two superheavy tanks in one shot (actually happenned for me).  If you use it you have to buy into the orky sense of humor otherwise you are just going to hate it.
When the winds of change blow hard enough, the most trivial of things can become deadly projectiles.
___________________ _______________
Blood Angels: still fighting for the Imperium and not Khorne...  Really.
Da Boyz iz wierd, Da Boyz iz mad, Da Boyz iz 'ere, WAAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!
"Unprotected FAQing gave me Codex Herpes"

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 07:58:46 AM »
I love the SAG... I use it in my army whenever I can run a second HQ (being over about 1250 pts)...

But as posted above, it is not very reliable, but hey, what in the orc army is...  However, when it does go off as planned, it is devastating! 

Plus, what other army has a fellow that carries an ordinance weapon on his shoulder!

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline Ollieb

• Ancient
  • I'm only here for the beer!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 08:41:46 AM »
The last RTT I entered, my MEK took out a Zoanthrope and 2 Carnis when I rolled boxcars and caught all three of them.  That same tourney he teleported himself into a Wraithlord, got turned to mush, and destroyed one of my Trukks full of boyz.  I still wouldn't take him out of my list.

Devastating when he hits.  Not so fun on a misfire.   
Looking for a compliment here is like looking for a girlfriend in a cemetary.  You know you will probably not like what you dig up, but you'll take it anyway.