News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Ghost Warrior Army Tactica  (Read 5829 times)

Offline haunt

• Aspect Warrior | I Won the Eldar Army List Competition, and All I Got Was This Title!
  • Play and have fun.
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angel, Tyranids, Necrons and Tau
Re: Ghost Warrior Army Tactica
« Reply #20 on: January 3, 2009, 01:46:23 AM »
Very nice, and you're playing a Suicide Squad in there too. :)
This is where Death rejoices, as he teaches the living.

Hoc est ubi mors gaudet, quod ipse docet vivis.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Offline Starrakatt

• Infinity Circuit
  • Bitter Vet
« Reply #21 on: January 3, 2009, 09:04:20 AM »
Sure am, although I found it work so much better with a CC IC, Jain Zar, Yriel or even a cheap Autarch (Fusion Gun/Powersword - 90 pts), either for CC goodness or for the capability to split them up and go hunting around.

The three last game I played with that (relatively) cheap Autarch he took 1) a Whirlwind & a Predator, 2) a Land Raider & a Chaplain and 3) two IG Heavy Weapon Team while the WG took care of other serious business, like 1) dying in CC for the whole game and tying up some SMurfs, 2) killing a Rhino and dying in CC for most of the game and 3) killing a Basilisk, crippling a Hellhound and killing some IG in CC.

Not a bad tallying for them, although as you can see the key for that team was the diversity offered by the IC riding in them, as alone they wouldn't have accomplished that much.

Teamwork is as true in a Ghost army than in a more classical mixed force, just implemented a bit differently.

Starky

Join the POC: Craftworld Iyanden - The Ghost Warriors

Quote from: Farceseer Siranaul
Yes you are being dense.

Offline haunt

• Aspect Warrior | I Won the Eldar Army List Competition, and All I Got Was This Title!
  • Play and have fun.
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angel, Tyranids, Necrons and Tau
« Reply #22 on: January 7, 2009, 12:06:48 PM »
Welcome to Advance Tactica of Ghost Warrior Armies.

I’m rather sure that you are quite proficient in using those wraithguards or at least have a darn good familiarity with them now. If not, you need to read Ghost Warrior Army Tactica.

This topic is to insert Independent Characters in your list be it a farseer to Eldrad or even an autarch to Yriel, even a Phoenix Lord will do too.

First, look at your list and or even ask a few friends that you know who are knowledgeable, even us here in the PoC: Iyanden to see what you are lacking in it, since your own vision might be biased at this point.

Second figure out if this is viable, if you have the miniature(s) or not.

Third address the possible problem by alternate means or direct means.

1. Alternate means = new units either by switching or cross cutting points from other units.
2. Direct means = this is the actual Advance Tactica, insert your high powered CC characters as a support for CC counter or even as a torpedo to attack other units.

Eldar Independent Characters usage:

Eldrad – he is probably one of the best solution if you need 2 farseer but only have 1 open slot left.

Yriel – awesome fluff character, but he’s also quite dangerous in CC support.

Phoenix Lords – just about all these characters are deadly as an add-on to a wraithguard unit.

Avatar – he doesn’t join any of the units but he’s a grave threat to anything your opponent does, so he becomes a shooting magnet.

Will add more, just sleepy at the moment.

Understand that most of you are afraid to lose that Spiritseer, but to save a wraithguard  to keep that T6 is valuable. Although, caution yourself in receiving those Invul saves esepcially if the unit isn't under a Fortune Power even then it's a 4++ roll meaning still a darn good chance to get killed.
« Last Edit: March 8, 2009, 11:37:39 AM by haunt »
This is where Death rejoices, as he teaches the living.

Hoc est ubi mors gaudet, quod ipse docet vivis.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Offline ZarathustraSuicuine

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2012, 01:13:32 PM »
I was wondering whereever or not anyone has used the FW goodies with Iyanden? I have a warphunter that I have found affective alongside my two wraithlords, and am thinking of including the Wraithseer. Is there going to be an addition to the tactica concerning these forge world units, especially the wraithseers?
Iyanden Eldar, Thousand sons. Yes I use Swooping Hawks, I find they work for me and I love the models.

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2012, 01:35:35 PM »
[mod]The last post here was in 2009. Please do not raise threads from the dead, it's against the forum rules. If you want to discuss the possibility of writing new Iyanden tactics, I suggest that you raise this idea in the Iyanden PoC. Thread locked.[/mod]
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente