News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Chaos Daemons conversions & The “Ku’ Gath” project. What have you modified?  (Read 4413 times)

Offline rushdrill

• "Prais be to... Ouch! That hurt!"
This is from an article I wrote for a local Kansas City Area Wargameing web site here is the link to the article.

http://frostreaver.net/forums/showthread.php?p=245#post245

In righting it I was wondering what other conversions are out there. I also have converted the Blue Scribes, the Changeling, and two small Blue Horrors on one 25mm base. I have posted the some of the Pic’s from the “Ku’ Gath” project below let me know what you think and post some of your own chaos daemon conversions as well.

It is still a WIP & I will be working converting an epidermis nurgling mount for the base.

-Dan
"Life leads you, you don't lead life."

Offline Sanctjud

• No one cares about Sanctjud's post count | Infinity Circuit
  • Absolute Chaos and SOLAR PUPPY
I think it looks cool and very much in character.

Nice work, but...

I think it's kinda small....at least for the base.

Most MC's these days are on the dreadbase...even if you have the same size model....it matters in terms of deepstriking.... fractions of inches can mean alot.

My 7 Cents.
If you meet a bear named Sanctjud in the tavern, don't get into his van for candy.  I did once....it's sticky, salty, and really not very nice. :(
Raptor Jesus will get you Tangi... oh he will.

Offline rushdrill

The current base is just a Temp.

I will be working on the base (Dred Size) in the next week and it should fit the part.

-Dan

Offline Terro

For my kugath I used a predator tank...use his rules to represent the slime the tank shoots etc. Not sure if that's what you're looking for but here it is.

Offline rushdrill

Yes, that is the sort of thing I was looking for.

It looks Great!

Did you convert any of the other Daemons that are not made yet?

Offline Terro

Yes, that is the sort of thing I was looking for.

It looks Great!

Did you convert any of the other Daemons that are not made yet?

I started on some slaaneshi chariot heralds but never got them painted, and I eventually took them apart (It involved daemonettes riding Eldar Vypers to represent stuff from fallen craftworlds). I made a skulltaker on juggernaut but he's basically just skulltaker balanced on a juggernaut...So I don't have any more pictures for you sadly...

Offline Lode

I was thinking about using a Lizardman Slann, since he's already on a large palanquin and even though the Slann itself is smaller in size than a Great Unclean One, I just explain it that Ku'Gath is a Nurgling that got bigger in scale.  Anyway, with it's height, and after you fill the space under the palanquin, it makes for a perfect-size miniature :)

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
He is rather small, he looks like he is Terminator size.  Could you put a mini beside him for scale comparison?  Also, what miniature is it based on? 

Has anyone converted Ku'gath's palanquin as well?  I completely forgot about it while I was making mine, I thought he just rode on a tide of Nurglings.

Mine is scratch-built from plumber's putty.  The only GW bits are Epidemius's Nurgling pile (there is no reason for Epidemius to be on an extra-large round base, or to be so tall) and some Dryad branches for antlers.  I'll post pictures when I get home, the library computers are disallowed from interfacing with most outside devices. 
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.

Offline rushdrill

It is based off the 1989 Nurgle Greater Daemon here is the link to where it can be found in the ’89 catalogue.
http://www.solegends.com/citcat89/c890228chaosunclean.htm

As for its size it is about the size of a Nurgle Beast or a Tau Battle Suit. It will look taller riding on the Nurgling mount. I should have everything I need later this week and have it posted hopefully by the weekend or early next week. The Site to where the artical is currently down so I'll let you know when it is back up.

-Dan
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 03:41:22 PM by rushdrill »

Offline Biohavok

• Sammitch?
I made my PlagueFather from a Greasus Goldtooth Ogre fantasy model and a whole lot o' green stuff

--Destroying world hunger by destroying the world.--

Offline rushdrill

I made my PlagueFather from a Greasus Goldtooth Ogre fantasy model and a whole lot o' green stuff

Very Impressive! You would make Nurgle Proud!

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
Lots of plumber's putty and time wasted:

This is the first model I have ever sculpted.  All of us sucked at painting at one time, too, but you get better by doing.

The boogers on his stomach are supposed to be stitches.  I'll replace them with actual stitches, most likely.  I completely forgot that he had a palanquin, so he has none.  He can borrow Epidemius's when he's not looking.
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.

Offline rushdrill

I think your Sculpt is very nice. I would not have been able to tell that it was your first.

Anyway, the site with the article is back up & I have the first stage of the base done. I have a lot more to do before I consider it ready to be painted so take a look.

It is hard to see the details but you can see the size comparison to a normal PB. Once I get some more work done on it (& some more sleep) I will add some better Pic’s to show the detail.

-Dan
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 03:24:49 AM by rushdrill »